Good hybrid (convection/conduction) electric portable that can be used with hash?

DRAG-0n

I mostly use my flowerpot b0 and tm2 combo for everything but want to try a hybrid system for a different high and to use some hash. I was thinking the firewood 9 or solo 3 might be a good fit but wanted to hear some opinions. Bakx looks cool as well but not sure of its availability.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
I don't have the solo 3 but from my experience smoking hash in the air max has been suboptimal. You need a lot more heat to vape hash than bud and while it will work kind of the hits will be very light and whispy not really satisfying and the hash ball doesnt get 'used up'.

While not a hybrid heating vape, the best battery vape for hash in my experience has been a dynavap and wand induction heater. The wand and its batteries is able to deliver enough energy fast enough to fully vape concentrates but as a trade off it needs recharging or hot swaps more often than other battery vapes.

The wand comes with its own dab cups and carb cap but they are kind of a pain in the ass to deal with which is why I suggest dyna. Just throw a small hash ball in the dynavap and learn the heat cycle timings.

Last edited:

DRAG-0n

From what ive read the solo 3 appears to be a lot more powerful than the air, just not sure if its enough conduction to get a good hash roast.
I was looking at the dynavap but i burn myself enough as it is and dont really know much about the difference in units. Still, I might have to give the dynavap b a try because it is so cheap.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
From what ive read the solo 3 appears to be a lot more powerful than the air, just not sure if its enough conduction to get a good hash roast.
I was looking at the dynavap but i burn myself enough as it is and dont really know much about the difference in units. Still, I might have to give the dynavap b a try because it is so cheap.
I have the Solo 3 and yes, it's quite powerful enough for hash. I got good results with dry sift wrapped in vaping cotton at around 400F and above. Also really good results with live hash rosin.

Dynavaps do work well too.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Dynavap just put a bunch of stuff on sale today for 'battery independence day', the wand is only 90$ and a B is 30$ the both of them in my cart came to 125$+ tax and free shipping. Seems like a pretty solid deal. For 25$ more you can get the 'roman candle' bundle for 150 which includes the all metal m7 and the wand.

Last edited:
SmokeyDope,
  • Love
Reactions: Rodney

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
was thinking the firewood 9 or solo 3 might be a good fit but wanted to hear some opinions. Bakx looks cool as well but not sure of its availability.

Yep, BAK would be the best so keep an eye out, Solo3 is solid in the meantime although not quite as capable, it is definitely a step up from previous Arizer portables, FW9 is pretty awesome and probably plenty capable as well, I think there is at least one person in that thread using it for hash successfully... More of a portable experience though? Not that the others aren't, I just consider them more home units with other glass personally

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: SmokeyDope

DRAG-0n

I was actually thinking of ordering the vong cap n coil kit and adding the bb6 glass stem. Comes to $83.20 before shipping. I think the stem fits the vong dynacoil but please correct me if im wrong. Not expensive at all and if I decide to upgrade i can just get the condenser/body instead of a more expensive full unit
It should hold me over fine until if figure out what i want to buy and at least let me vape some hash in the meanwhile

I have the Solo 3 and yes, it's quite powerful enough for hash. I got good results with dry sift wrapped in vaping cotton at around 400F and above. Also really good results with live hash rosin.

Dynavaps do work well too.
Very promising for the solo 3. Do you know how it compares to the firewood 9 at all?

DRAG-0n,
Reactions: SmokeyDope

Shit Snacks

Very promising for the solo 3. Do you know how it compares to the firewood 9 at all?

Very different because FW is on demand, and goes up to higher temp settings, with an unregulated mode as well... S3 is simpler and easier to keep clean with the glass stem WPA, using it upside down on glass or such, FW WPA connection not as ideal imo especially with hash I wouldn't think... S3 session style and on demand mode (which is just like a micro session) are very capable and there is power, just not as much really

DRAG-0n

Yep, BAK would be the best so keep an eye out, Solo3 is solid in the meantime although not quite as capable, it is definitely a step up from previous Arizer portables, FW9 is pretty awesome and probably plenty capable as well, I think there is at least one person in that thread using it for hash successfully... More of a portable experience though? Not that the others aren't, I just consider them more home units with other glass personally
Very true and i mostly use my vapes at home, but i do like being able to walk around or just vape outside with my tm2 and hvy bubbler combo especially in summer.
I mostly use the dtv5 and rosin if i need something portable to get the job done quick or a live resin cartridge if im going somewhere i can potentially break a vape, but that is way different. On a weekend trip the tm2 is definitely coming along but is staying in my room/tent for the most part
S3 is simpler and easier to keep clean with the glass stem WPA, using it upside down on glass or such, FW WPA connection not as ideal imo especially with hash I wouldn't think
Didnt think about that and it makes sense, but I wouldn't be using it exclusively for hash and do want them for their conduction heating flower as well. I feel like the bakx is probably more what i am looking for but does it allow for a good body high from conduction or more like the convection high I get from the flowerpot and tinymight?

Shit Snacks

Didnt think about that and it makes sense, but I wouldn't be using it exclusively for hash and do want them for their conduction heating flower as well. I feel like the bakx is probably more what i am looking for but does it allow for a good body high from conduction or more like the convection high I get from the flowerpot and tinymight?

Oh, yeah, all three would work great for herbs too of course! BAK is primarily conduction, very heavy hitting thorough extraction and strong high to match in my experience :nod::tup:

Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: DRAG-0n
Top Bottom