• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

God is perfect, man is not...

hereatlast

:shrug:
What's inherently wrong with beer? Hops and pot are pretty darn similar too. Hmmm, I enjoy the two together a few nights a week actually. :brow:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
What's inherently wrong with beer? Hops and pot are pretty darn similar too. Hmmm, I enjoy the two together a few nights a week actually. :brow:
Shoddy brewmeisters? :p

Pappy,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Alcohol natively is a poison.

Its still good stuff (in moderation) but too much can kill you.

AGBeer,
I'll take a real microbrew over either, no offense. I haven't had a single, truly decent beer from Sad Adams. Their noble pils was kind of a curiousity, though. Like an IPA-pils.

Without beer, wine and mead, and most importantly among those beer, there would be no civilization. The urge to make beer is what made nomadic people's settle down and farm, domesticating grains and animals, and eventually develop cities. Beer made undrinkable water drinkable, and provided essential vitamins and minerals which were otherwise completely absent in many ancient diets. Without beer, none of us would be here. :2c:

There is evidence that African beer brewers were culturing antibiotics in 400 AD. Think about that.

Btw, I have a saison right now with a stuck fermentation, so I guess the yeasty-beaties are pissed with me right now.

charliedontsurf,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
charliedontsurf said:
I'll take a real microbrew over either, no offense. I haven't had a single, truly decent beer from Sad Adams. Their noble pils was kind of a curiousity, though. Like an IPA-pils.

QFT. I think by far the worst beer I have ever tried to choke down was a Sam Adams. Can you say "Cranberry Lambic"? (Ugh... there was nothing lambic about it)

Btw, I have a saison right now with a stuck fermentation, so I guess the yeasty-beaties are pissed with me right now.

Stuck ferms suck. I had one once because I pitched WAY too hot (cause I was in a rush like an idiot) I ended up pitching a pack of bread yeast to get it going again (I think I killed a majority of the others) and it took off. Upon kegging time it had the worst band-aid taste I have ever tasted. (It made your mouth numb) I ended up forgetting about that keg of beer for like 7-8 months and it ended up pretty darned tasty!

Good times when I brewed :D

AGBeer,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Another way to look at this, in keeping with the theme:

Most of us will agree Cannabis > Hops.
OP states God > Man. Roughly speaking.

God made man in his image.

hereatlast said:

McNerdius,

Pappy

shmaporist
Actually just thought it was cute rhyme. Never heard before today but quick Google reveals it's been around. :peace:

Pappy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Pappy said:
Actually just thought it was cute rhyme. Never heard before today but quick Google reveals it's been around. :peace:
God is a one bud that is sold as being 3 buds.. but sadly you doesn't get you any higher than a single bud... :ko:

Abysmal Vapor,

hereatlast

I haven't had a single, truly decent beer from Sad Adams.

Hehe, my significant other was ragging on me for my vocalized unhappiness with a Sam Adams the other night...spent hours on a train and finally caved and went and bought one for the last leg of the trip.

Pappy, you've got some damn fine brewers on the Left Coast that aren't always easy to get elsewhere, enjoy!

hereatlast,

McNerdius

god of nerds
I like it ! But wait....

What strain ?

Abysmal Vapor said:
God is a one bud that is sold as being 3 buds.. but sadly you doesn't get you any higher than a single bud... :ko:

McNerdius,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
McNerdius said:
I like it ! But wait....

What strain ?

Abysmal Vapor said:
Godbud :)
bcgb.jpg

https://secure.bcbuddepot.com/media/images/large/bcgb.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There are lots of gods. We humans have invented many, not all of them perfect.

pakalolo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Just because we made up a bunch doesn't mean they are actually there/here/anywhere.

Jesus though, was definitely a raptor.

OhTheAgony,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Pappy, you've got some damn fine brewers on the Left Coast that aren't always easy to get elsewhere, enjoy!
My beer palate constantly evolves. Peroni (Italy) is my current fave.

Pappy,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
One of my favorite philosophers, Teilhard de Chardin was a Jesuit priest and also a paleontologist/geologist who was punished by the pope and sent to China for his beliefs. His quotes are great, my fav is below.

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."

Teilhard de Chardin

Another good one:

"We are one, after all, you and I. Together we suffer, together exist, and forever will recreate each other."

He also taught me, and I hope my wife, to never try to enter into a relationship hoping you are going to be able to "change" someone. If you do, all you really end up falling in love with is a reflection of yourself.

t-dub

Edit: Teilhard was a paleontolgist/geoogist not an anthropologist as I originally said. The Wikipedia on him is pretty good.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Pierre_Teilhard_de_Chardin

t-dub,
Top Bottom