Glass recommendation for SSV

Postlark

I have been using the SSV with baller mod through an rbr recycler with a couple of adjustments which make it less than practical: a small piece of silicon tube to make a seal on a whip adapter in order for it to fit in the mouthpiece, and a small weight glued to the underside of the rbr to make it stable.

I am considering my options for a new 14mm bubbler that has whip attachment. From what I see, the options to consider are the ehle power tower, the tag donut bubbler, and the popularglass sol with fab. I am not considering the fc mod because I don't like the 90º joint and base width. The goo roo 3 piece is a bit too tall and seems less stable, plus not as easy to get in europe. My main use is flower.

Can anyone comment on the performance between them? I am leaning toward the power tower to be honest, even if the diffusion is probably not as nice, I like the form factor. Plus I like the idea of being able to switch out the stem for something with more or less diffusion for use with other devices/concentrates. The tag bubbler seems to have too much space, too wide (I have a globe bubbler and do not enjoy it at all, seems to me empty inner space kind of dilutes the flavor). I believe the popularglass one probably offers the best performance, but all the china glass I have bought thus far has always left me wanting for a better finish, whether it affects performance or is more aesthetic.

I am using the 6mm ball heater cover filled mostly with 3mm beads, so the airflow is quite good. I normally fill the rbr with as much water as possible, which is right to the bottom of the main upright cylinder, no water goes in the whip like this, I do still get minimal blowback sometimes which moves the load in the wand and requires me to rotate it or stir it which is annoying, so something with little blowback is definitely important.

Open to other suggestions but I did do a fair bit of digging.

Postlark,

Postlark

I guess I was just asking for blessings from the glass grandmaster.... Cheers kind sir it really seems to be as simple as that

Top Bottom