• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glass Mouthpieces

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Can someone direct me or otherwise recommend where I could get a nice glass mouthpiece for the tubing whip that now comes with the MZ. I figure that inhaling off of a nice glass mouthpiece is better than inhaling off the end of a tube. One in colors would be better than a plain glass. I wouldn't want to pay more than $20.

Thanks for any assistance

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A trick I learned is to use one of the stems inserted tip first into the hosing for a mouthpiece (you would be using the nylon part of the stem to draw from just like you would directly from the zap). I'm sure that Rick supplies stems without the brass tip in a couple of different lengths for this purpose, and also for fitting the MZ to a bong. I would contact him directly by email if you are interested in this option.

I am also partial to glass for this and contacted Rick regarding this. I'm not sure if he has contacted his glass guy about it or not. CD makes some whip mouthpieces, but I'm not sure that they are compatible with this diameter of hosing. You could check with him on his thread or by email. He does beautiful work that he sells through etsy.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2363

momofthegoons,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Thanks for the info. Ill contact Rick a day or so before ordering and let him know what Im looking for as far as glass. With him getting in some glass he might have just what Im looking for. Other than that the stem idea/recommendation would work just fine, but colored glass is so cool.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes, but that one is for a standard whip tube. The one that comes with the MZ has an inner diameter of 1/2 inch, if I'm not mistaken. But, I think if CD was emailed directly, that he might be willing/able to make one custom.

momofthegoons,

digglover

momofthegoons said:
Yes, but that one is for a standard whip tube. The one that comes with the MZ has an inner diameter of 1/2 inch, if I'm not mistaken. But, I think if CD was emailed directly, that he might be willing/able to make one custom.
Oh I misunderstood his post. I thought he had already attached some silicone tubing to his myrtlezap stem...

digglover,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Vapolution has some nice colored mouthpieces. Vapemart carries the identical pieces for around $9.00. I just dont know if they will fit the 0.5 inch MZ tubing. I really like the colors and the shape of those pieces, and the price is right.:D The Clear Dome looks good with the color and the shape looks about right, but will it fit the 0.5 inch MZ tubing?

I haven't ordered my MZ yet that will occur on the 19th. Ill wait and see if Rick gets some mouthpieces along with his new and upcoming glass. I think that if Rick offered colored mouthpiecs as an option they would sell well. If he does Ill get one of those, if not then I'm probably going to go the way of the CD or the Vapolution. If either of those dont make a good fit I bet I can make up a adapter.

Mom had a good idea about using the MZ stems for a mouthpiece inserted in the tubing end.

This vaping is going to be new experience for me. Ive been toking for the better part of 42 years or so. Hell, I'm an old man, LOL:lol:.

Thanks all for the advice.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lycanthrope, I've been at it for 44 years, but I'm not throwing in the towel and saying I'm old yet. For a long time I still felt like I did when I was 18 in my head. I think I've finally graduated to 24. ;)

And I can't take credit for that stem insert idea....I got that from Pat, Rick's wife.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I would actually be interested in a longer plain version of the stem we get now but in glass. I do not want anything really that fancy. if it was a bit longer that would allow for bigger hits and I would like the ability to see the vapor.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
the ob said:
I would actually be interested in a longer plain version of the stem we get now but in glass. I do not want anything really that fancy. if it was a bit longer that would allow for bigger hits and I would like the ability to see the vapor.
CD made some nice stems in the beginning that were more plain than the ones he's doing now; just a little color where the tip joins and some bumps at the top to keep it from rolling. I got one of his early stems when I was still planning on buying a PD and they do fit the MZ. If you look on his thread at the latest picture he posted of PD stems (post 156), it's sort of like the ones on the right. He doesn't have any for sale right now, so you might want to watch his thread for his next announcement.

momofthegoons,

Gatsby T Pig

momofthegoons said:
A trick I learned is to use one of the stems inserted tip first into the hosing for a mouthpiece (you would be using the nylon part of the stem to draw from just like you would directly from the zap). I'm sure that Rick supplies stems without the brass tip in a couple of different lengths for this purpose, and also for fitting the MZ to a bong. I would contact him directly by email if you are interested in this option.

I am also partial to glass for this and contacted Rick regarding this. I'm not sure if he has contacted his glass guy about it or not. CD makes some whip mouthpieces, but I'm not sure that they are compatible with this diameter of hosing. You could check with him on his thread or by email. He does beautiful work that he sells through etsy.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2363
I thought he stopped using brass. He said somewhere that it is cheaper to buy non brass... maybe I misread. Not that it is important.

Gatsby T Pig,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I thought he stopped using brass. He said somewher that it is cheaper... maybe I misread. Not that it is important.
By he, do you mean Rick? Then the answer is no, he still uses brass. He has changed the brass he uses, however, to be 100% RoHS compliant.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
the ob said:
CD made some nice stems in the beginning that were more plain than the ones he's doing now; just a little color where the tip joins and some bumps at the top to keep it from rolling. I got one of his early stems when I was still planning on buying a PD and they do fit the MZ. If you look on his thread at the latest picture he posted of PD stems (post 156), it's sort of like the ones on the right. He doesn't have any for sale right now, so you might want to watch his thread for his next announcement.
I have been watching for about a month and there are no new pieces. It also seems like a lot of people are watching for them so I will have to be quick on the draw. :brow:

do you use the stem you have? how do you like it?

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Mom, I'm like you, Im 63 going on 18 and loving it. Think back say 50-60 years ago, when you reached 55-60 you were old, looked old, felt old, etc. Now people in our age bracket the baby boomers, the 60's generation, for the most part just keep on truckin and we look good and feel good. I still ride my bike a large cruiser, still lift weights 3X a week, and keep up with my martial art Hapkido. I'm Peter Pan, I refuse to grow up and get old. Im still crazy after all these years LOL.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ob - Yes I do use it. I like it a lot, but would like it to be just a bit shorter. I don't know if CD will make custom stems for use on the MZ; I know he will not use their tips because of the brass. As I said, I originally purchased it for use with a PD. But, since it fits my MZ, I use it. I think Rick will have news soon on his glass stems and they might be more readily available since CD has gotten into some pretty fancy stuff and seems pretty busy.

Lycanthrope, it's funny you should say that as I was just thinking it this morning as I wrote about my "mental age." When I was 18, I thought that my age of 57 was ancient. Now, I'm thinking ancient is in your 90's. Since my grandmother lived to 96 and her sister is still alive at 102 (she only stopped driving 3 years ago) I might get to find out if it's true. Of course, I've abused my body a lot more than those two did so maybe I'll have to be happy with hitting my 80's, but I'm definitely still letting my freak flag fly. ;)

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom