Glass Bowls for Injector Desktops

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good thread my dude, good thread...

Yeah I also rely on the 18 to 14 TAG bowl with my cloud connoisseur Halo, I have three of them, one is unopened, one screens slip around in, but the other one is pretty great!

Not really such a fan of the elev8r bowls, the glass one has the screen way too high for cloud connoisseur at least, and the other one has edges on the side that go unvaped, also thin glass gets hot to hold...

I also have a couple of qaroma bowls, 18 mm that he was selling cheap because the handles broke off, I've only been using one of them so far, I don't have the right screen size, but I finally ordered them (17mm) yesterday, I've been managing with a 3/4 inch screen sort of concaved, but it moves around and it's super annoying haha the honeycomb is filthy! The bowl is solid, made by BiaoT, unfrosted joint on the top for the female and pretty thick although the honeycomb is a little too thick?

For that reason I am very excited for Cloud Connoisseur's chalice bowl, it has a thinner honeycomb disc in the holes go all the way up to the edges for an even roast, I think it uses a rod for the handle instead of a disc, but the first batch may have a disc I'm not sure, future batches could have horns or wood handles or other such things... He is opening up for pre-order tomorrow evening I believe??! 7pm Central on December 22nd

I also just posted in the Atlas thread, because I finally got a screen to stay put in my 18-18 mm TAG bowl yesterday as well, that is now my biggest bowl by far yet also my most stable screen! Plenty of clearance for the heater as well...

Oh and Oregon Glass Blower has adapters, I have one from him that is 18 female to 14 male with a 45° angle, super thick glass, I could easily put a screen in there and use it as a bowl but I don't want one at an angle and I use it elsewhere but I think he would be a good place to go for these bowls as well...

kimura

I am going to pick up one of those TAG 18 to 14 bowls. with all of these bowls I put a screen in the frosted (or occasionally unfrosted) joint itself. I have found that I get the best results when the load is only a few mm from the bottom of the heater. I think that elev8r, qaroma and most of the rest place the load too far from the heater

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am going to pick up one of those TAG 18 to 14 bowls. with all of these bowls I put a screen in the frosted (or occasionally unfrosted) joint itself. I have found that I get the best results when the load is only a few mm from the bottom of the heater. I think that elev8r, qaroma and most of the rest place the load too far from the heater

Yeah though of course it depends what you are using it with, that would be too high up for a cloud connoisseur vape at least! ;)

howie105

Thought I'd start this thread to see if there was interest in aggregating a list of all the different kinds of injector bowls people have liked

Obviously the Elev8r waterwand is many's go to due to availability but for micro dose I really like these.

Was wondering what other people thoughts!

For this I used a 14 mm male to male adapter to carry a .05 g basket screen from DDave. To pair the heater body to the adapter I used a stepped pit to counter bore the cap of a pepper mill and used silicone O-rings to seal and position the bowl.

howie105,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here is a thread I started a while back about 18mm glass roasting tubes for wand / injector style units.
18mm glass roasting tubes
I hammer 5/8" ss screens until they are 17mm in diameter to fit into the bottom of the 18mm joint. Injector style units with truncated tips like the elev8r will work in any 18mm female joint using the 17mm screen at the bottom. The best way of inserting the screen into the joint is to set it on the top of an 18mm male fitting and then lowering the 18mm female fitting onto it so that the screen stays flat and even until getting jammed into the joint. The surface of the screen is smooth from the hammering, which helps it to stay clean longer.
Happy roasting

jasp3r

Here is a thread I started a while back about 18mm glass roasting tubes for wand / injector style units.
18mm glass roasting tubes
I hammer 5/8" ss screens until they are 17mm in diameter to fit into the bottom of the 18mm joint. Injector style units with truncated tips like the elev8r will work in any 18mm female joint using the 17mm screen at the bottom. The best way of inserting the screen into the joint is to set it on the top of an 18mm male fitting and then lowering the 18mm female fitting onto it so that the screen stays flat and even until getting jammed into the joint. The surface of the screen is smooth from the hammering, which helps it to stay clean longer.
Happy roasting

I went through the thread and I actually have been doing something like this also all this time (using a 18mm to 14mm adapter with a 14mm male to male on a 14mm piece) which works well but I would this would be that times 10.

I struggle to grasp exactly how to construct it, has any member out there made a tutorial on this mod? If so please send it my way ;)

Also found these and was wondering if people had thoughts

howie105

I went through the thread and I actually have been doing something like this also all this time (using a 18mm to 14mm adapter with a 14mm male to male on a 14mm piece) which works well but I would this would be that times 10.

I struggle to grasp exactly how to construct it, has any member out there made a tutorial on this mod? If so please send it my way ;)

Out of curiosity what do you consider a good maximum and minimum load weight for that bowl ? Looking for alternatives to what I am using for my ELEV8R.

howie105,

Spleeeno

Horsin around

thats basically the bowl I got with my terptorch in the last batch they did, the terptorchbowl v2
I have two of the screens that came with the terptorch in it, proped up by a verdamper screen (any 30mm screen would do the same) thats domed to fit in there, makes the herb stay only 1-2cm below the ceroma injector and enables lower temps compared to most other bowls

hopefully we'll get some shorter qaromabowls soon, those might be fire aswell.
my ultimate plan would be 18mm bowl with glass screen and 18mm basket in the bottom joint to still catch all the scooby snacks for the ideal cleanest taste to cleanest bong ratio :science:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
This is what I have been using for a glass injector style roasting bowl. It is a standard 18mm female to 14mm male adapter with a 17mm flat screen in the tapered joint. The material is closer to the heat source, so it can run at a lower wattage.
17mmscreen18mmtaper.jpeg

17mmscreen18mmtapertop.jpeg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This is what I have been using for a glass injector style roasting bowl. It is a standard 18mm female to 14mm male adapter with a 17mm flat screen in the tapered joint. The material is closer to the heat source, so it can run at a lower wattage.
17mmscreen18mmtaper.jpeg

17mmscreen18mmtapertop.jpeg
Yeah that works great ,but you also have to shorten the male joint of the heater ,if it is 19/26 .Maybe if the female is 19/26 and the male 19/22 ,it wont be needed. I tend to shorten to 19/20 so i can have some more space.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Yeah that works great ,but you also have to shorten the male joint of the heater ,if it is 19/26 .Maybe if the female is 19/26 and the male 19/22 ,it wont be needed. I tend to shorten to 19/20 so i can have some more space.
The shortened joint has the advantage of being less likely to become stuck in addition to allowing more distance above the screen.

Texus

I just pulled out the Herborizer 14mm bowl to run with the B2 injector. Greater distance between heater and flower but not so much as to render the B2 null. This turned out to be the most flavorful hit I've ever gotten from the B2.

Lobby

I’m going to use an 14f to 18f adaptor with a 1” stainless steel filter in the bulge for my Flowerpot B1 injector. This was the bowl that I used with my Extreme Q. The stock EQ bowl may also work.

Top Bottom