German Cannabis News with new leadership

MinnBobber

Can we please have this as a separate thread?
German Cannabis news with new coalition….

IMO, Hugely important in what Germany does with cannabis issue, as it is seen as a “leader” and positive cannabis law changes in Germany
can really help to swing the scales…..

So many other countries are on the verge of tipping to sanity on cannabis laws VS current insane laws.
German success will breed other countries to finally move too.

German FCers:::::
Anything I can do to help get legal justice for cannabis in Germany?
I live in a legal medical cannabis state (Minnesota) and no legal adult use.
So heavily involved in moving for legal adult use.

Progress is slooooooow….

Can you Euro members keep things current on what new German leadership parties are saying on their cannabis stance?

Last edited:

blackstone

I happened to find one article relating to this earlier, it looks like a members only newspage (from www.thelocal.de - German news in English)

I was quickly able to grab some of the highlights as follows, and it looks real promising to me.

Jörg Luyken
news@thelocal.de
12 October 2021
12:32 CEST
All three parties engaged in coalition talks in Germany plan to loosen the ban on cannabis possession. What exactly do they want and what do medical and legal experts think of the proposals?

While much of the discussion over the next government’s agenda has focused on climate change and state finances, one important change that could come into force in the next four years is a decriminalisation of cannabis.
All three of the parties currently engaged in coalition talks – the Greens, the Free Democrats (FDP) and the Social Democrats (SPD) – pledged in their election manifestos to reform the laws around cannabis use.
What exactly do the parties want?
The Green party make clear in their manifesto that they want a whole new approach to drug control starting with the controlled legalisation of marijuana.
Under their plans, licensed shops would be allowed to sell the psychoactive substance. The Greens state that “strict youth and user protection” would be the centre point of their legislation and hope to “pull the rug from under the black market”.

The FDP also favour the creation of licenced shops. Their manifesto highlights the health benefits, tax windfalls and reallocation of police resources that legalisation would create.
“Only the sale of cannabis in licensed stores ensures quality control and stops contaminated substances from being sold,” the liberal party believe. Up to €1 billion in new tax revenues would be invested in addiction and prevention programmes, they say.

The centre-left Social Democrats also think that a reform of Germany’s prohibition stance is long overdue.

“Prohibition and criminalisation have not reduced consumption, they prevent effective addiction prevention and tie up enormous resources in the judiciary and police,” the party manifesto states.

The SPD are nonetheless more cautious than the smaller parties in their legalisation plans. They would like to initially set up pilot projects that are accompanied by counselling for young people.

Top Bottom