Discontinued G Grind Portable Vaporizer - heated-air blowing wand type

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The herb iron is a device that substitutes for a lighter, not a vaporizer unfortunately. But with the right heater cover it could become one of course. Still not the same as a butane torch though.

But just look around. With a bit of googling I'm sure you can find close to a doses different kind of torches like that available to you, I'm sure at least one of them has to be RoHS compliant. Although it will probably cost a little more than 5 or 10 bucks. Just look up the manufacturers website, it'll be on there if it is.

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OhTheAgony said:
The herb iron is a device that substitutes for a lighter, not a vaporizer unfortunately. But with the right heater cover it could become one of course. Still not the same as a butane torch though.

But with the proper HC, is it a "hakko quality iron that is just as safe but portable"? :D

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Like I already said, it could be. But since a Hakko iron is about 20 bucks cheaper than that one: what's the point?

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I thought it was more portable then the hakko but you have a very good point there! (I had not checked hakko's price previously...my bad)!

FLskwat,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So guess what I found in my collection of tools, the exact.butane iron I linked to! I will upload pics of it without the tip now. Idk what I can do to find out if its safe to vape with as a hot air blower.

AizOC.jpg

wkAeV.jpg

I want to use it so bad but not bad enough to harm myself.

darkrom,

G-Grind_Com

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
As far as health & safety are concerned you seem to be asking the wrong people mate. G-Grind doesn't mention anything like RoHS compliant or butane additives, not one single time. He even waves my previous recommendations away by advising you to just try that Solderpro 25 which also doesn't seem to be made out of RoHS compliant materials.

Are you sure you want his advise on this?

I didnt wave you away, i feel that everyone has the right to try anything they want and if he wanted to try it then go ahead. Bottom line if you have EVER lit anything (bowl, cigarette, cigar, bong, etc (tobacco use only of course)) with a lighter then you have inhaled burnt/unburnt butane. RoHS is the European equivalent of UL they only test for ELECTRICAL SAFETY not the health disadvantages of most products out there. They are not a health related company. Simply visit their site. People look for RoHS because MOST high quality vapes are made in the European countries where RoHS is the standard and not UL. RoHS would not apply to a device that does not contain any circuitry. IE a lighter or propane torch

To be straight away and answer about the vape question though, any type of ceramic catalyst (commonly available in the butane soldering/heat gun) will burn about 95-98% of the butane at optimal operating temp (after warm up). That leaves some unburned butane and CO2 & H2O. This is the case for any combustion reaction (assuming 100% efficiency, however carbon monoxide and other gases are possible products too if the lighter or device has low quality butane or horrible aeration).

SO...before you go out on a limb and try to make me into a bad guy, i am out for everyone safety. And i dont bull-shit anyone. My company does not put up any false wall to hide behind. We give everyone ALL our contact info and welcome any questions, we plan to be the one that is different and be a leader for others to follow. Support shouldnt be an option, it is often a necessity. I didnt come to this board to argue i only came to answer any questions about my company, or my products. Or provide support in any other way i can.

the safest products are often the most complicated. the best thing to do would be to directly heat a glass tube and pull the air through the tube directly on your herb. this prevents any contact with combusted fuels and heats the outside air safely to a high temp. Another GREAT tool is the heat gun but is is not portable unless you carry around a generator.

here to help,
Jon

G-Grind_Com,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No worries, I'm not out to make anyone look bad. Most people are perfectly capable of doing that themselves, including me myself and I. And I do appreciate the fact that you come out here and openly admit what it is you're selling and that you're willing to discuss the product on this board.

I just found it a bit peculiar to say the least that you didn't address any health issues or concerns earlier, because I do feel that's one of your obligations to your customers if you're selling this product for the purpose you do. The same goes for warning consumers about toxic additives in lots of (most?) the butane out there. After all, it's one of the cheaper torches out there so one has to wonder what kind of materials are used to keep the price this low and how effective it can be in burning of the butane that goes through it. You got me on the RoHS compliance though, I always assumed it comprehended the use of toxic free metals as well. I should've done the research instead.

I'm still curious what kind of metal is used in the hot air nozzle though, would you happen to know what it's made of?

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
G-Grind_Com said:
People look for RoHS because MOST high quality vapes are made in the European countries where RoHS is the standard and not UL.
RoHS and UL listing are two different things entirely, although I suppose there can be some overlapping. I don't know that UL testing goes as far as RoHS when it comes to "Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment", which is the aim of RoHS. A European product can have all RoHS components and still not pass the UL testing process. And since RoHS is an EU standard, a product can fail to have RoHS compliant components, and still pass the UL tests.

"What is RoHS?
Working in partnership with the policy lead at the new Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), NMO is the UK Enforcement Authority for the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2008 (the RoHS Regulations). These Regulations implement EU Directive 2002/95 which bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants."
http://www.rohs.gov.uk/

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I still don't have the balls to test this soldering iron I have. I am on a quest to find a safe way to vape on the go using a glass pipe. Not necessarily the first way, health be damned lol.

darkrom,
Top Bottom