Fungus

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Apologies in advance if this should be in "off topic" or even not here. Tons of info on the internets, but the knowledge base here is unmatched.

I've never done anything that wasn't green (scripts excluded). May be able to obtain some fungi. I remember several people saying that it is life changing and a must if opportunity arises. Thoughts?

Magic9,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Shroomery.org is a more appropriate place to discuss this. I hope the mods don't consider me leading you to the correct kind of site to be an offense, but this isn't the place for it I'm sure. Check the shroomery.

Also you can find good info at reddit.com/r/drugs

I hope that helps and I hope the mods see this as me directing you to the appropriate place to avoid discussion here.

darkrom,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
While I appreciate the response, your post did exactly what I was trying to avoid. I know there are sites out there (I've read them), but this is the only forum I am active on. This community has the only online opinion that I trust and value. If the topic is off base, I expect the mods will not hesitate to inform.

I'm not sure how the mods see your post, but I request your info be deleted. A little more conspicous than I was going for.

*Edit
Lol Sessnet. Doesn't seem like a good idea, but who knows?

Magic9,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i actually believe the discussion of psilocybin mushies is allowed, though other drugs are not, at least to my knowledge. if i am mistaken, i apologize, but IMO most people should experience mushrooms at least once in their lives

stroh,

djonkoman

I send you an email(since I'm not sure either if this is the right place)

djonkoman,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
all i can see in the rules is:

[*]The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.[/*]

I don't consider shrooms to be 'hard drugs', rather more of natures bounty for us to enjoy.

You should try them IMO. Small quantity the first time, perhaps. But I also think it's good to experience a big mushroom trip, at least once for that intense introverted experience.

WatTyler,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I've combusted shrooms before, and they seemed to do something.... I wonder if it works way better vaporized?

As far as your original question - they can change your life for sure. Probably better to try on a vacation or away from the "everyday".

My first (and many) experiences weren't far from a religious or spiritual awakening. I think every drug opens up a new door in the brain. That said I've only ever tried shrooms, and herbs. I admire that it is something that grows outside.

Also they are shit easy to grow, probably much easier than any plant or weed.

Just stay away from someone outside that might be selling them. Get to know what they look like dried or grow them. I once almost spent a few hundred $'s on a bag of Shittake mushrooms from some scum in Greenwich Village NY.

sessnet,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
^^^ Definitely more of what I was looking for. Just kind of a recommend / don't recommend type of thing from a community I trust and respect. If you want to go into details please feel free to email me.

I will ask that this thread be closed in a few hours. I just want opinions while the opportunity is present.

Magic9,

aero18

vaporist
Definitely go for a small quantity, perhaps 2 grams or so, for your first time. I had 3.5 grams and absolutely hated it. I could not make sense of anything, all my thought-patterns were incoherent which was really freaking me out. On top of that, I lost all sense of myself and my identity.

I found acid to be more enjoyable than shrooms. No throwing up into a fractal toilet bowl, that's for sure.

aero18,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Magic9 please feel free to email me with any questions!

I hope someone mentions something about their experience vaporizing.

I happen to have about .5g at home, although it's like 5+ years old...I might try vaping it!

Edit: Btw acid is just synthesized shrooms. So not as pure or strong effects. Imagine using Marinol instead of the real thing...

Also 2.0g might be too much - they usually recommend 1.5 to 150lbs. 3.5 is enough for almost three people! You must have had an angel watching you.

sessnet,

djonkoman

3,5 is a pretty average portion as far as I know.. you can trip from less, but 1,5 sounds on the low side to me, 2 sounds right if you don't want it to get too strong
I myself had an awesome trip from 4-5 grams(+5 grams truffles)(friend handed me a bigger portion by accident), but that trip was strong and I can imagine that someone less stable/less rational/less grounded could get a bad trip from that

djonkoman,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
i'm looking to try some fungus in the future (haven't had ANY experience whatsoever) so the basic info you guys provided helps!

Elluzion,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Edit: Btw acid is just synthesized shrooms. So not as pure or strong effects. Imagine using Marinol instead of the real thing...

That isn't true, LSD is not synthesized Psylocybin. Anyhow I love mushrooms and highly recommend them.

Ripbongs420,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yeah, LSD differs structurally from the molecules of psilocybin, though DMT is veery similar to psilocybin. for my first time, i ingested 2.7 grams, and wow, what an experience, definitely opened my mind to the world, and i strongly believe i have a better understanding of the person i am after the powerfully introspective experiences i have had with psychedelics.

stroh,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
K you guys are right, LSD is not synthesized cubensis, but WIKIPEDIA says its synthesized from a fungus, so I wasn't too far off. Otherwise - it is synthesized...

And 1.5G>150 was the dosage years ago. Dosage must vary since different factors affect potency. It's sort of like saying "Yeah .1G of weed will you get you high", meanwhile it really depends on the potency and the person. I guess I used to get and grow really strong stuff? Also I weighed around 120 back then so I didn't need much?

I usually made tea out of it - since eating it was sort of disgusting and created more stomach pains than it is worth.

Vaping it still seems like a good idea..off to google I go again.

sessnet,

djonkoman

I didn't mind the taste that much, dried shrooms taste a bit stale but not nearly as bad in taste as MDMA
and I actually kind of like the taste of (fresh/nondried) magic truffles, a bit nutty

took me a while to realise you meant a weight with that 150, googled how much that is in kg(68), I'm below that, at least I was when I last weighed myself (if I calculate my BMI I'm always just above underweight or just below the 'healthy' number, inherited that from my father)

could also be you had a stronger strain(I had mexicans, wich seems to be the most common or one of the most common strains)

djonkoman,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Great replies guys. Feedback from the only online community I trust. Good shit.

Synthetics are not an option. I've read about some advantages to them over naturals, but it's never sat well with me. Had a million chances back in high school (goddamn there were/is a lot of drugs in HS hallways), but always stuck to green. The fungi, and maybe the cacti are my only interest in non green substances.

I've always been curious and have had several trusted people tell me years ago, that it is a must, if the chance was ever there. I've read up quite a bit, off and on over the years and it sounds good. Just nervous since herb is the only "drug" I've actually done. Since nobody has popped up and said "NO FUCKING WAY", I think I will plan something for the spring. Seems like it might be better suited/more enjoyed in warmer temps.

Magic9,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I've dabbled in them on numerous occasions. Not in about 3 years though. Just make sure you have a good mindset going in and take a moderate dose your first time, should be very enjoyable.

MarcellusWiley,

scottio19

scotty
I shroomed twice with my homies, once when we were all like 16 and again when we were all 18.

both times I had the funnest time of my life, but my worrisome nature always made me paranoid. First time turned into a bad trip halfway through, and became the worst most paranoid day of my life. Second time I got paranoid again when it started to get really dark and cold when we were in the forest and were trying to get back home, but I didn't let my friends know cuz I'm a tough guy :rolleyes:

you're not gonna see something that's gonna scare you if you don't take a super high dose of shrooms. Worst that could happen is you trip yourself out thinking about things instead of enjoying your high, and those feelings escalate into feelings of anxiety (at least that's how it was for me)

honestly, I'd do it again. when people say their trip was a spiritual experience, they are not lying. I have never felt more in tune with nature or with God. lol but I was trippin! :o

scottio19,

Nycdeisel

lepstadder said:
Do a lot of research, try and get an understanding of human psychology and be safe

I just want to second this post. I have not done said substance but i support doing it IF you are in a relaxed situation at that point in time, have a good mindset and make sure most of all that you are entirely comfortable. When you get high on anything, your feelings can be escalated too and it cant be too hard to get into a 'bad trip' kind of mindset which really turns some people off to it, but having an understanding of what you will be doing, this preparation which I can tell from your posts in this thread you are serious about, is the key to having a good time. Seconding quoted post again^^^
:)

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to NYCs post. (This cannot be stressed enough) Environment is the key.

And no I wouldnt suggest vaping or even combusting your cubes or pans as the psilocybin is temperature sensitive. Yes they taste like shit - so mix them in a milkshake or something. Dosage is also key when taking mushrooms, its not hard at all to take too much and white knuckle. As with any edible, I would suggest that you start small and take more if you so decide to later.

Like was suggested, go to the shroomery and learn as much as you possibly can. Like cannabis, there are MANY different strains of cubensis with different effects. (Pan Cyans are even MORE intense than cubes and should be taken with caution.

AGBeer,

weedemon

enthusiast
email with my tips and thoughts sent :)

They can be a lot of fun. They can also be a great tool to help you discover yourself.

weedemon,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
@Magic9

Get yourself a babysitter. A trusted(this is the important part) friend who will stay sober(ish) and has had experience with the substance in question is best. They can really help to bring you back to a calm place if things start to get weird.

Truefreak,
Top Bottom