Fuck you, Keurig....I hack thee!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
**I was going to put this in the "fuck you" thread, but I didn't want it to get buried. :)

***The green stickers may not work.

I have been so angry because I couldn't use any pod in my Keurig 2.0 hot brewer. Despite what is printed on a lot of the pods, they DO NOT work in this brewer. I'm sure some of you are already aware of this problem.

There are other ways to get around this, like unscrewing the top and cutting the green wire, but that voids the warranty. This hack just works, and does not void the warranty. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love my Keurig. That being said, I think Keurig are bastards for making us have to do this. At least these stickers are cheap, less than $5.00, and you only use one sticker per pod.

I share this hack with you so you can fuck Keurig too, while loving them at the same time. :lol: I've included a picture for reference.

EkFh1d5.jpg

Vicki,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Well... maybe JAB Holding Co will do away with this poor attempt at a monopoly since they just bought Keurig :shrug:

smokum,
Reactions: Vicki

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try this.

What I end up doing is buying a pack of something Keurig 2.0 approved, after I brew, I take some scissors and cut the lid off that cup.

Then later when I want something un Keurig approved, I take this lid with the print, and stick it on top of the cup. The only downside is, now your K-cup is a bit bigger then the machine can handle, so you must manually hold the lever/lid down to make a seal. Else, it will leak everywhere. Can get roughly 10 uses per lid before the foil is tattered and not readable.

Thanks for the advice!

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well... maybe JAB Holding Co will do away with this poor attempt at a monopoly since they just bought Keurig :shrug:

Possibly, but who knows. This problem is all new with the 2.0 brewer. We never had this problem with our old Keurig brewer.

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try this.

What I end up doing is buying a pack of something Keurig 2.0 approved, after I brew, I take some scissors and cut the lid off that cup.

Then later when I want something un Keurig approved, I take this lid with the print, and stick it on top of the cup. The only downside is, now your K-cup is a bit bigger then the machine can handle, so you must manually hold the lever/lid down to make a seal. Else, it will leak everywhere. Can get roughly 10 uses per lid before the foil is tattered and not readable.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for that alternate hack!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Possibly, but who knows. This problem is all new with the 2.0 brewer. We never had this problem with our old Keurig brewer.

You're welcome! And you're correct that this problem only happens on the newer brewers. Keurig implemented what is essentially DRM service into their newer machines, and newer style cups. If you notice on your newer cups, they have little symbols along the edges lots of time. That's essentially a barcode for your new Keurig. The older machines didn't even check this. I actually think I would of preferred a 1.0 , as they would work with everything universally.

Curious as to how that post it note fix works, guess the color just tricks the sensor or something? but that's an awesome fix!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Curious as to how that post it note fix works, guess the color just tricks the sensor or something? but that's an awesome fix!

As am I. I think it has something to do with color. I read somewhere that the green stickers will not work, but the other colors will.

Top Bottom