Frenchy Cannoli

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I had a look at that article.
In theory, it would be relatively easy to isolate hashishene, give it to rodents, and see what happens.

The Science.... that this is still a thing in 2023 is indicative of a tendency to return to the Dark Ages.

Rather it is more likely that light, heat and pressure, over long periods of time, are driving the chemical transformation from myrcene to hashishene. The researchers that discovered hashishene refer to it as a photolytic product, meaning that photons of light work to slowly transform the molecule without oxidizing it.

There ain't any light inside a ball of hash and nobody leaves it in the light as that would be bad for the goodies.

I used to read around forums on other plants; every now and then "scientists" would come up with new stuff that sounded dubious and irrelevant from the start, then it would get taken up by the rumour mill, eventually ending up even printed in books, while all the time being nothing much at all.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Ramahs

GoldenBud

Hash smells and tastes different compared to the flower and kief it was made from - so there must be some changes going on.
It's just kief if none of the trichomes have been worked or pressed or melted in some way (and left to cure for a while), in my opinion

They’ve been heating hash before consuming for a very long time in traditional producing regions, such as Afghanistan - the home of Kush.
IMHO Hash without the hot bottle method smells and tastes amazing. So special.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Ramahs

Hippie

I like kief too
And
I also like many different types of hash as well

Hippie,

GoldenBud

I like kief too
And
I also like many different types of hash as well
I don't wanna argue just asking, you wouldn't want to insert energy inside your THCA buds (dried buds) so why somebody would like to insert energy inside his hash THCA?
I can't understand the hot bottle method. seems like marketing for me, idk

GoldenBud,

Hippie

In a word - preservation

They turn the kief into hash for long term storage

Some producers mix and blend kief from different farmers and strains
Smooshing it about, heating and pressing result in a more uniform product

GoldenBud

In a word - preservation

They turn the kief into hash for long term storage

Some producers mix and blend kief from different farmers and strains
Smooshing it about, heating and pressing result in a more uniform product
because THC is more stable than THCA? the O in the -COOH really has 4 unbinded electrons, ok gotcha.
but if i don't need long preservation, the hot bottle method just will decarb some of my molecules of THCA into THC, which I don't like/need it?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Hippie

Hippie

Hash smells, looks, tastes ..... and has different effects compared to the flower or kief it was made from
So obviously something has changed

You seem rather heavily focussed on THC and THCA
I suspect it's more so the terpenes, like the difference between "indica" and "sativa" (or should that be fat leaf and thin leaf varieties)

GoldenBud

Hash smells, looks, tastes ..... and has different effects compared to the flower or kief it was made from
So obviously something has changed

You seem rather heavily focussed on THC and THCA
I suspect it's more so the terpenes, like the difference between "indica" and "sativa" (or should that be fat leaf and thin leaf varieties)
Terpenes content is almost negligible comparing to the THCA content. like, top shelf bubble hash will contain around 70% THCA and 6% of Terpenes.
You're right it smells/tastes different than the OG herb, because some groups of the molecules from the terpenes are falling in the net's pores or something....or evaporate....some molecules will be gone, yeah!

see how much the Terpenes content is negligible comparing to THCA:

PS
while making bubble hash, there are no chemical reactions - only physical changes.

Last edited:

Hippie

No no no, I would say
When collecting kief with a screen, there are no chemical reactions

Because - Kief is not hash

The hash smells, tastes, has different effects from the kief or the flower it was made from
I dunno what changes take place to make that happen tho :)

Hippie,

GoldenBud

The hash smells, tastes, has different effects from the kief or the flower it was made from
Because the very cold environment raises the chances for more groups/molecules fall into the pores...the smell/taste will be different.... There are not any chemical reactions.. Only physical changes

again, my goal is not to argue - but I couldn't find any chemical reaction that occurs during making bubble hash. only physical changes (intermolecular changes only, not molecular reactions)

gptgpt.png

Last edited:

Farid

The pressed hash smells and tastes different from the unpressed resin. Has nothing to do with anything falling through screens.

I don't know why you're hung up on physical/chemical changes. The fact is, unpresssed resin is a different product from pressed resin. It tastes different, smokes/vapes different, and handles differently. That's all that matters.

Hippie

Again
There is no distinction there between kief and hash
I always advise people to lay down the Hash for 6 months (after working/heating/pressing) before consumption to let it cure/rest/develop/mature as it changes so much during that period
There's no mention of any of that in the pieces you've found - so they're talking about kief

Hippie,

GoldenBud

@Hippie @Farid
it's not only me who wonder about the Hot Bottle Method.
I know other people who wonder too.
because even if the THCA bubble hash will sit in a jar, eventually it will be THC and then CBN.
so why accelerate it with Hot Bottle Method?

but I can't add anything for this convo of Hot bottle method or not to. So we just need to wait for other people opinions/article/research in the field.

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom