Frank Gifford Passes Away At 84

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I didn't realize that Frank Gifford was 84. For some reason it hit me kinda hard. I feel really sad about it, I'm crying. I remember watching him on Monday Night Football. I feel sorry for his younger children. That's the problem having kids late in life. RIP Frank Gifford, I hope we all can die peacefully in our sleep at 84.

He seemed like such a nice person.

HD Springer

R. I. P. Frank Gifford. A very good broadcaster. I too feel bad for his younger kids. Thank goodness they are not real young. But still too young to loose a parent.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Growing up in the 70's, Frank Gifford, Don Meredith, and Howard Cosell, made the show more than just about the game. They talked about culture, current events, life. They made watching the game more of an "experience", imo, than it is today. The booth is what made that show special, not Hank Williams intros and fireworks.

I know, different time, yadda, yadda. And maybe that's why certain celebrity deaths hit harder sometimes. We are seeing it as losing a part of our life somehow, or see our inevitable deaths , in their passing. Sounds wired I guess.

Maybe it's because so much happened in life with Monday Night Football on in the background. I remember laying on the floor, in front of the heater vent to keep warm, watching Tony Dorsett run 99 yds for a TD, Howard Cosell(one of my FAVORITES ever) announcing John Lennon's murder("Mom, why are you crying?"), Joe Thiesman's broken leg, and more. Countless birthdays, holidays, family gatherings, all happening with this "show" going on in the backdrop of our lives.

R.I.P.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Silver420Surfer you explained it for me. I couldn't put it into words. I'm still feeling so bummed about this. He lived a long eventful life in pretty good health that we know of. Instead of feeling sad we should be celebrating his life, I'm just not there yet. Again I'm crying just typing this out.

I don't remember him playing football because that was before I can remember. He also was on the Today Show a lot filling in for people years ago. His wife can be a bit annoying but I feel so sad for her. She always talked about how much she loved him, she's like 20+ years younger.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@CarolKing -- I know what you mean, some things just trigger stronger emotional responses than others. I think the marriage to Kathy Lee really brought his popularity to another level.

Fire up a nice sativa, cue the Monday Night Football theme, and let the tears flow!

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: CarolKing
Top Bottom