For US fans of Trailer Park Boys and Kenny .vs. Spenny

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
On the Canadian television network http://www.action-tv.ca/, there are two new television shows.

1) The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour, featuring all of the guys from Trailer Park Boys (basically Ricky, Julian, Bubbles and regular appearnces by some other cast mebers from TPB.

2) Kenny Hotz's 'Triumph of the Will'. 1/2 of Kenny .vs. Spenny. This guy is really an asshole.

Best part; you can watch them online for free, albeit with some forced commercials.

I'm going to try a UK proxy to see if I can watch the videos from out of country, or if they are region restricted. I'll edit this post and update.

Tom

I tried using a couple of European proxies and could not connect to the video. Didn't try any other proxies, but doubt they would work. Ah, the episodes should already be online.

tdavie,

SD_haze

Yeah the drunk and on drugs episodes no worky here :(

looking forward to when it does tho!

SD_haze,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SD_haze said:
Yeah the drunk and on drugs episodes no worky here :(

looking forward to when it does tho!

LOL yeah its so fucking hilarious. Ive had the first couple eps sitting on my hdd for a while until i got some good herb, and man am i glad i saved them :lol:. At first I didnt know what to think of the show, but i just finished ep2 and i cant wait for the next one. Its been a while since a show made me laugh so hard lol its definitely already become a favorite

In case anyone wants a more clear explanation of the premise of the show

The main characters (ricky, julian) wake up in this town where everyones like batshit crazy and they find out that its because someone started lacing everything with these hallucinogenic berries, making everyone start to trip balls and believe that they are the person whos role they were supposed to play in some sort of show. they meet up with another friend (the guy who plays bubbles) and he sobers up after a while and then tries to escape the crazy town with them but they all always end up taking some of the berries in one form or another, willingly or force lol

its just so random and funny. the only parts that i dont think are too funny are some of the cheesy, eddie-murphy-in-Dr Dolittle sort of impersonations they do, like the radio show hosts. its not that they arent funny at all, just not compared to the rest of the show.

steiner666,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thank you, Tom! This is too good. I don't even know how to describe it but it's amazing. I think the boys are Fear and Loathing fans. :D

:popcorn:

vtac,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I found out the shows has aired Friday the 22nd as premieres. Didn't even know I had the channel.

Here's a decription of Triumph of the Will from this Friday's show (there's 2 of each show for 3 weeks).

'Children of Abraham'
-Kenny tries to broker peace between Muslims and Jews by persuading a Jewish community to finance and build a mosque.

Tom

tdavie,

steiner666

Serial vapist
"The series' official premiere date in Canada is July 22nd, 2011 and air two episodes three Friday evenings in a row. It is unknown how the July 27, 2010 death of Maury Chaykin will affect the series.[4] Chaykin's "mad scientist" character had already been re-cast once; musician Alex Lifeson was originally set to take on that role[5] before bowing out in early 2010."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maury_Chaykin

:( :( :(

on a positive note, i guess its airing 2 eps a week, every friday. which must be why ep 1 and 2 both appeared on the internet at the same time, as did 3 and 4 tonight of course
:) :) :)

but i think next week is the last 2 eps of the season alreadY? if so, damn! and they better already be working on a second

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
steiner666; yep, next weekend is the end of the season already. I assume that it will be renewed, but ya know what? I haven't heard a single piece of promotional material for this show, which isn't saying a lot since I don't generally watch Canadian programming or channels. I missed eps 1&2 (dl'd them but not watched), and everything else is being dvr'd. Haven't seen a single show yet.

I'm watching the new Kenny Hotz show, and it's....okay. Better than the new Spenny showed which aired ~2 months ago (Single White Spenny). That was not a good show :) (in my opinion).

Tom

tdavie,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
It's cool to see Randy with a shirt on :lol: and Seeing Mike Smith as himself is cool too, I almost forgot that Bubble was character :D

That is also neat that they almost has Lifeson play the lead scientist role, he was great in TPB.

I have only seen the first two episode so far but this is definitely one fucked up show, perfect for me!

aesthyrian,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
trailer park boys is wayyy too funny hahaha. Though not intellectually stimulating (in any way) it is ridiculously entertaining. Canadians got some funny stuff.. eh?

HighSti,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Hey did you guys know there was a pilot episode of Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour? I assumed it would just be the first ep of the series, but apparently not. I downloaded it and skimmed through it, and its a totally different ep, some of the characters they dress upa s are even slightly diff. I'll watch it tonight probably.

steiner666,
Top Bottom