Food dehydrators - useful for drying glass

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
This time of year it gets hot and humid around here and nothing really dries out for months. After putting in the work to clean my glass, I’d prefer it not to spend days in that foggy, ugly-duckling state of drying. Alas, I do not have a wet/dry vac, which sounds like it works pretty well for others here.

Working within the limits of what I do have, the food dehydrator seems like a good match to the task. It’s essentially a box containing a big fan blowing warm air. Mine is a 9-tray Excalibur with trays that are ~ 14” x 14” (~ 20” diagonal) so it will easily accommodate even my larger pieces.

For drying glass I remove some trays to make room for the piece, then run the dehydrator at 115F. You could run it hotter (the device limit on mine is ~170F) but I like to be able to reach in and grab the glass comfortably.

Anyone else use their dehydrator for this purpose?

ViCKi LEEKX,

rodders83

Too expensive i use a clean hoover and brush attachment like soft horse hair type thing and hold it to the glass and it sucks up all the moisture but i ration it now as i had my last hoover go kaput with sparks.

The rear end when hot is the same thing i sometimes leave it on and hold the glass in the hot air for a minute. This drys glass fast in the wet uk.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I clean my rigs with 200F water and soap each night. After rinsing the soap out, i shake all the water out and let it air dry and its typically dry in 30 mins from the hot ass glass.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea to have hot water readily available.

I guess you could put the rig in a microwave too. Maybe with a dry paper towel to absorb the water. Just thinking out loud.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
What about the using the oven on warming mode?
All you need is heat. Heat gun which i dont think most people will have but a hair dryer must do. But i would think a microwave is quickest and easier.

Shooby,
Top Bottom