• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Focus Vape Pith

Summer

Long Island, NY
@PuffItUp just did an IG stream today on a vape called Focus Vape Pith which is gonna retail around the $35 mark. Zakk said it looks like it holds .15 - .2 of herb.

Scroll down on this page:

https://blog.puffitup.com/2018/07/champs-trade-show-news-2018/

Looks like it's gonna be a rebranded/multi-branded vape like the Fury.

http://henruivapor.com/product-item/dop/ *Read the specs down at the bottom.

In googling, I'm assuming it's this one?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-Supplier-ceramic-heating-element-dry_60764226322.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-wholesale-India-dry-herb-tank_60764954897.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/electronic-cigarette-dry-herb-vape-pen_60751543192.html

At this point in time, I rarely smoke away from home &, but for $35 as opposed to the price of the Fierce/Fury/Agro/etc which I wouldn't be using at home. I'd spring for it as long as the teardown shows no teflon.

Edited to add: Zakk responded to my crosspost on VLF & said the bowl measured out to 0.1-0.15g and the links I found look to be correct. He hasn't finished the teardown yet, but will update us when he does.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A friend has two of of these comming my way from China. I would have posted a thread but Summer beat me to it :).
What really looks fishy in the design is that plastic ring on top of the heating chamber. Also i dont expect more than two sessions from this battery :). Please keep us updated on the teardown,not expecting much but i am kind of curious :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Here's what I posted to Zakk of @PuffItUp: Besides the teflon, want to know how long does the battery last time-wise & how many hits approx, does it time-out & turn itself off, how long to charge, do you get any noticeable vapor on level 2 as I didn't see any vapor in your stream & what if the glass mouthpiece breaks or the o-rings need replacing? For $35, I assume a 90-warranty."

Since I posted this, I managed to get through 1 hour of the re-published IG stream & a couple pf my question were answered:

1) Seems that the unit times itself out after 2 min. Then Zakk implied 6x which I took to mean (6) 2 min. sessions. But don't quote me on this as he was feeling no pain.
canabis.gif

2) He was ill prepared for the stream & very shortly after he began, the battery ran out. And he was charging for 15 min. & it was already 70% charged when he pulled it. But don't know the battery size, which obviously is relevant. So I asked this following-up question of him, too.

3) After he charged, he came back on level 3 (200 degree Celsius (sorry don't know how to type degrees) or 428 degrees F & he got light clouds for a couple of draws. The lights in the recording area are overly bright, Zakk was slow at taking hits 'cause he was in slow-mo, so, I never got a solid look at cloud production. So I'd like to see @PuffItUp demonstrate the vapor output again in another stream with the lighting reducted & successive draws.

Summer,

Abysmal Vapor

Yuck, so that ring is made out of teflon ? This means everytime you take the moutpiece off and on you can get flakes ?
Edited. NVM i obvisiouly misread. There is no mention yet there is teflon in this device :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Summer

Long Island, NY
I wasn't aware that he said the ring was made out of teflon? Where did you hear that? In the stream? I thought it was rubber or plastic.

Summer,

Abysmal Vapor

I wasn't aware that he said the ring was made out of teflon? Where did you hear that? In the stream? I thought it was rubber or plastic.
Just edited my post. I got the wrong impression that you have heard this mentioned in the stream sry :D ..

Abysmal Vapor,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Abysmal Vapor, you misread. I wanted to know when they do the breakdown if they find any teflon employed since that would make it a no-go for almost all of us from the gitgo. Zakk said they're supposed to be on the website around Monday so he said he'll do the breakdown very soon.

Summer,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Zakk @PuffItUp, just posted this on VLF:

"Just wanted to update you, and everyone else that we currently have put the Pith on the backburner. While doing QC tests we realized the mouthpiece is glued in place, which we can't have in a vaporizer we sell. Due to that, the project has been scrapped unless we can get replacement mouthpieces. Hopefully you all understand, and hopefully we can get a new mouthpiece set up."

I saw in his stream today that he said the plastic insert is glued with food-safe glue to the glass. If they can get the parts to mate w/o the glue they will sell it, if not, they won't.

TBC ...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
One of these vape, in fact a rebrand called the Mini-Dee, will be sent to me very soon... I will check if they improved the mp glue issue.

PPN,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
During yesterday's stream, I asked Randy if he heard back yet. He did, & the mfr. won't remove the glue in the airpath so, sadly, it's a no go.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Good to know, I will get a rebrand next week and will check if any sort of diy solution might works.

PPN,
Reactions: Summer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Got this version/rebrand of this vape: https://lacentralevapeur.com/vapori...196-mini-dee-orion-vaporisateur-portable.html

It's just some initial thoughts but the building quality looks like under the average, although the main selling point of this vape is the tiny size. Don't expect monstruous clouds, it's light sized clouds, medium at best, taste is decent and I didn't noticed any huge or unconfortable factory/plastic smell. Vibrating feature, rather fast heat up but the power button will fail, mine is already getting stucked, I can see that like the main point of failure. A good thing is the adjustable airflow and the isolated airpath but the mp seems the same than previously mentionned in this thread, with a glass stem glued to a plastic base... sadly.

From a customer point of vue I'm thinking this vape is slightly overpriced, if it was 49€ it might be better cause at 69€ you can find some better options for some more bucks (Novae, Torch, Avant) or even cheaper if not battery powered!
Although this is definitively the smaller battery powered vape I ever seen!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I can't believe I forgot to mention that someone asked about this in a PIU IG stream within the last month. Randy said that the had spoken with them to try to get this to market. Unfortuanately, the wheels of progress turn slowly. :D

Summer,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Just noticed this thread! this will not be a focus v product. it is just a small vape we had made but gave to other companies for OEM instead. (mouthpiece had issues i didn't feel like working around at the time)

Top Bottom