• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

flavorings

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
just wanted to know what vaporists think of flavoring your bud

this can be done many ways, ive seen a product called "tasty drops" that are basically concentrated flavors

also another way of doing it is putting something with a strong scent in the jar while its curing, like an orange peel or dried fruit

any thoughts?

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I prefer to flavor my water .....and for the tasty drop I'll avoid that if it's chimical ...and for the dry fruit ...why not try it and report !!!

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sometimes I vape with a piece of fruit in my mouth, but really I love Mary Jane just the way she is. Those tasty drops/juicy jays/flavored novelties seem kind of gross to me. Bacon flavored papers? Love to see the ingredients for that stuff.

See also: aromatized water?? , natural flavoring

Haven't read much on water curing but are people putting any flavors/crap into the water?

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I like it flavored out of the box, as in strawberry cough. :p Otherwise, maybe a hint of mint for middlin' weed. I'll take the good stuff as is.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
im looking at growing an autoflowering version of dutch passion's master kush, which supposedly barely has any smell or flavor, thats what influenced me to ask about flavorings

the lack of smell is a good thing because i live with my parents and they would complain if my medicine was stinking up the house, but with the lack of smell comes a weak vapor flavor, i know that some people put orange peels in the jar with the nugs, and it moistens and flavors

some mint would be good.. having other aromatic herbs with it was something i overlooked

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
My recommendation would be to save a little extra money and factor a carbon filter into your plans. Even if your situation doesn't necessitate doing it for security and stealth...if you're responsible enough to respect the fact that you're growing in your parents space with their understanding and you therefore don't want to offend them in that situation, well, then I think a carbon filter would be perfect for you.

You can easily construct one yourself for substantially less than the pre-fab units are being sold, but a good fan/blower is always a smart investment to make. It will depend on the type of grow room/space you can dedicate yourself to of course, but there are many, many ways to go about carbon filtration...so I think it's something you might want to consider and eventually look into.

A great benefit of growing your own is that you'll get to taste the full and subtle development of a well fed, well cared for, well cured flower cluster. There is some well manicured high quality bud available on the street no doubt...but in my experience it is rare and widely spread. Not to mention usually far too expensive for your "average" regular to heavy smoker (IME, once again). It is my opinion that if you stick to a single strain which is genetically inclined to be less fragrant, you will seriously be missing out (well, it's purportedly less fragrant anyway...I have no experience with that strain, or DP in general... On a side-note can I give one big tip though..? CAREFULLY research genetics and exactly what you're getting from who...genetics are very important IMO and not every seed bank/breeder is operating with honesty, producing quality seed and contributing to the spread of truth...in fact...almost none are...:2c:).

Imagine standing in front of a plant as it's glistening and trembling, as it pulsates in the light, bends slightly in the wind, and throbs with heat...presenting itself to you in full, aggressive blossom...pumping the sometimes overbearing, always subtle and diaphanous fragrance of its flowers into the space...for me this can be a near mystical experience. The wall of variegated smells that accompany this experience makes up no small part of its total effect. If you think Cannabis smells amazing when you cop it from a sketchy buddy and pull it out of a zip-loc baggie...well, that simply has nothing on the overpowering sensory explosions thrust upon you by a blossoming plant. It is part of the experience, IMO, and smell relates directly to taste in our considerations here. That is part of the utility of proper curing...why would you want to find a short cut around this in growing? It is a massive part of the Cannabis experience which most people are denied because of our oppressive drug laws, don't cheap out on your grow space and deny yourself of it.

I think if more "square" people could stand in front of the naked green splendor which is a grouping of healthy Cannabis flowers exuding their mutli-layered beauty, well...more people would understand a) how absurd it is that we're persecuting this life form and b) just what it is we all seem see in this plant. :2c:

Edit: Just as a side note, and hopefully not an offensive one...as I don't intend it as such...I believe threads of this nature should be going into the Vapor Lounge area. If it is specifically a question about preparing bud for vaporizing, and how one might go about "after-market" flavoring...then yes, that would make sense as part of General Vaporization Discussion. However if you're talking about curing and plant genetics etcetera, that should make its way into the Vapor Lounge. Unfortunately that is the nature of this place at the moment, and we will inevitably be going through some growing pains around here soon re: organization...yet again, I flaunt the trusty :2c:.

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
partially veiled said:
Imagine standing in front of a plant as it's glistening and trembling, as it pulsates in the light, bends slightly in the wind, and throbs with heat...presenting itself to you in full, aggressive blossom...pumping the sometimes overbearing, always subtle and diaphanous fragrance of its flowers into the space...
Oh God, I'm there. :drool:

Haven't heard of dutch passion's master kush, but flavorless marijuana is a serious crime in most states. Definitely get a filter instead of compromising on flavor!

partially veiled said:
Edit: Just as a side note, and hopefully not an offensive one...as I don't intend it as such...I believe threads of this nature should be going into the Vapor Lounge area. If it is specifically a question about preparing bud for vaporizing, and how one might go about "after-market" flavoring...then yes, that would make sense as part of General Vaporization Discussion. However if you're talking about curing and plant genetics etcetera, that should make its way into the Vapor Lounge. Unfortunately that is the nature of this place at the moment, and we will inevitably be going through some growing pains around here soon re: organization...yet again, I flaunt the trusty
Yeah, I've been slacking on this- some topics are kind of borderline between the two forums. Contrary to what some people would have you believe, we're definitely open to suggestion/changes here. We even have a little approval system for major changes. Basically it has to be something that's widely agreed upon as being a good idea. Subforums for every vaporizer was not. :)

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
vtac said:
Yeah, I've been slacking on this- some topics are kind of borderline between the two forums. Contrary to what some people would have you believe, we're definitely open to suggestion/changes here. We even have a little approval system for major changes. Basically it has to be something that's widely agreed upon as being a good idea. Subforums for every vaporizer was not. :)
Not really an issue in my eyes, vtac. I love this place immensely as is and think it's best to sit back and watch it grow organically. Besides that, I likes ya and want to let a man do his work the way he sees fit. Lord knows I've got my own work to do. Not that I wouldn't help a hand in need.

Anyway, all I'm drawing attention to is the fact that our appeal and breadth of discussion will soon overlap our forum layout, causing too much confusion and disorganization (IMO), unless we try to dedicate the Vapor Lounge to be our more wide ranging space. I think the concept of having at least two main directories dedicated entirely to vaporization topics, one for techniques and one for units/technologies etc., makes complete sense. We should have at least that much dedicated as wholly as we can manage to vaporization discussion. I love the OTD as much as anyone, and am perhaps more guilty of rambling and wandering than most, but I see this place expanding right in front of me...so having a "vapor only" area of the forums is pretty logical, if we indeed want to stand out as a "special place" with unique information (besides, that seems to have been the initial intention of your set up..?). I realize it all has to be done with a gentle touch, and I don't envy you there...no one wants to turn this place into a Police State...I mean, if you look at it in context this whole post I've just written is "off-topic", yet it's on topic, at least moving in a logical direction from where the conversation had headed. As I've stated before, I think the notion of total control is simply ludacris and unrealistic, so let's all be ourselves...but to make FC stand out as "the" place to get informed opinion on vaporization technique and technology, let's try hard to keep those two forums relatively focused... I'll try really hard too, and besides that I promise I'll try hard to be more concise! That's like, enemy number one for me...uuuugh. Yet I love FC and want to see it get the attention it deserves, so I will try hard to keep it kosher for ya lads and ladies (do we have any active ladies, anyway? I see Pammy-Days is a new member as of today! Woot!). :p

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
to be honest, i dont think a carbon filter would do all that good, my grow space is open in my room, not an enclosed box, so basically id have to get a fan powerfull enough to filter the entire room
also my funding is extremely limited, i can only really afford the card, a quarter of medicine, a vaporgenie, and then the seeds to start my first grow, there isnt much wiggle room at all, i may even have to forgo the vaporgenie and combust for a while

i can always get more fragrant plants when i have a more sophisticated setup to allow for it

also when choosing genetics im sure to read as much as i can about them, in several strainbases and in the overgrow archives, master kush is a common medicinal strain here in cali, and i like what ive read about its effects, as indicas work better for my conditions than sativas

but back on topic, i only really poste my motivation for making this thread to give some background, not to change the direction of the thread

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I've used a carbon scrubber in an 'open' room and it fucking rocked. Gave the room almost a sterile smell. Just set it to suck the ambient air in past the filter and blow out fresh smells. Mine was a borrowed commercial one ... I'm not DIY but I'm sure someone with some carpentry skills could knock one up in no time.

Flavorings for duff that will be re-vapped might be ok.

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom