Flavoring tinctures

Lou Taylor

I recently added a teaspoon of cinnamon to my 7gr of ABV barely covered in coconut oil before leaving it in the crock pot overnight. It greatly improved the taste! I'm guessing mint would work as well.

very easy, non chemical flavoring I'm sure there are lots more...

mixchu69

I recently added a teaspoon of cinnamon to my 7gr of ABV barely covered in coconut oil before leaving it in the crock pot overnight. It greatly improved the taste! I'm guessing mint would work as well.

very easy, non chemical flavoring I'm sure there are lots more...
I actually have a 1/2 lb. of really good Gorilla Glue shake (lots of popcorn nugs) from a friend who grows. Thinking about making tincture since I have a mb2e. Got to look into the magical butter thread. Thanks for the tip of cinnamon. Mint, I can pretend it's a breath drop. Even less conspicuous than edibles.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I used honey and pure lemon extract to flavor the tincture that I made some months back. I made the freezer method with the 190 proof Everclear. I added the honey while the tincture was still quite warm from reducing. I added the lemon extract when cooled.

Mine wasn't quite strong enough though. It had a nice flavor. I've tried the Green Dragon cooking method too. That wasnt strong enough either. I did the declarb of 240 degrees for 40 min and I wrap it in foil while in the oven.

I just need to practice using ABV. I have a lot saved up. Like several ounces. Then I won't feel I'm out so much money if I'm not successful.

I'm not lucky enough to have a friend that grows. Some day I might grow myself.

Edit
Maybe I should put some ABV in some Everclear for a couple of months and store it in a dark place and see what happens. I would shake it every so often like once a day.

Last edited:

Lou Taylor

I've had good luck with Vegetable glycerin overnight in a small crock pot. For pain relief and a sleep aid it's a wonder drug.

I like the idea of adding honey. I have had less than ideal success with alcohol extractions. I finally came to the conclusion that booze and weed don't mix well, but your mileage may vary.

ABV is God's gift to the stoner (IMHO) I'm not sure what the shelf life on it is, but I've been mixing it with coconut oil, (crock pot) and putting the black coco oil into gel caps. 4 of them do me pretty well.

My last batch I tried freezing to see if it made any difference. I can say it didn't hurt anything.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I used honey and pure lemon extract to flavor the tincture that I made some months back. I made the freezer method with the 190 proof Everclear. I added the honey while the tincture was still quite warm from reducing. I added the lemon extract when cooled.

Mine wasn't quite strong enough though. It had a nice flavor. I've tried the Green Dragon cooking method too. That wasnt strong enough either. I did the declarb of 240 degrees for 40 min and I wrap it in foil while in the oven.

I just need to practice using ABV. I have a lot saved up. Like several ounces. Then I won't feel I'm out so much money if I'm not successful.

I'm not lucky enough to have a friend that grows. Some day I might grow myself.

Edit
Maybe I should put some ABV in some Everclear for a couple of months and store it in a dark place and see what happens. I would shake it every so often like once a day.
The lemon extract is a good idea. Thank you.

Daijyobudave

Unapproved commercial account.
Alcohol tincture tastes awesome in a beer or in a Gin and Tonic. Something a bit bitter to complement the taste. The cannabis flavour is actually a lot like the hops in beer - floral and a bit bitter.

A Vegetable Glycerine Tincture is tasty as. Quite sweet, but lower GI than sugar or honey. Put a teaspoon or two into a cup of tea or chai. Delicious and medicating ! VG is also very cheap - much cheaper than high proof alcohol - in Australia anyway.

An infusion in coconut oil (I like fractionated coconut oil coz it keeps forever) is tasty in anything !

Helios

An infusion in coconut oil (I like fractionated coconut oil coz it keeps forever) is tasty in anything

good post,
and yes Coco-oil has an amazing shelf life as opposed to other fats,
a tablespoon of some in my Tea always hits the spot!

mephisto

I recently finished an long ethanol soak of a large volume of herb. Not wanting to repeat errors of the past, namely the burning essence of ethanol taken sublingually, I mixed my batch with a small amount of golden Absinthe. Still too hesitant to self-titrate, but when I do it will be by the 1/2 dropper at a time.

mephisto,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

BR Ron

I am just starting with tincture. I want to want to flavor mine too. I am going to get some peppermint and see how that goes.

Top Bottom