Fixed temp vapes, max temp to low for CBN and CBD

max

Out to lunch
Shiz said:
Most of these comments defending the log seem to be personal and not logical.

Bottom line is a log vape is rendered obsolete if you own another vape that delivers the same temps as the log as well as much higher temps. Why would you NEED it in your plethora? After you have a high temp home vape, low temp vapes are just a collector's item.
I don't know which models you own/have used, but your inexperience with a good fixed temp vape (especially the log type) is showing. Although you can use small amounts in a standard sized, variable temp vape, to try and achieve the same efficiency as a log vape, it's not a satisfying experience in comparison. Feels kind of like you're hitting an empty bowl. OTOH, the log style vape delivers satisfying hits, loses very little vapor to condensation (think short vapor path), and there's no chance of going through a bowl too fast because you've got the temp set too high. If you like to save your ABV for edibles, a fixed temp model provides the absolute best quality remains. And if you like to finish off your ABV with a vape, a variable temp model will take care of the fixed temp remains while providing the slightly different high you get with higher temps.

I've owned at least a dozen different vapes, and have recently had two models in the house that aren't even on the market yet, and I still use a log vape as my main unit. It's strictly personal choice, but I'm far from alone in my preference. If you don't see the logic in using a fixed temp log vape, that's your choice. Doesn't mean there's no logic to the choice. It's not as simple as you make it out to be, especially when vaporizing efficiency involves the psychological factor. The amount of herb that people use in different models varies more with the particular design, than it does with the desire to use a particular amount.

Your bottom line, as you express it, may be fine for you, but it's just your opinion, not an absolute that applies to everyone. One of our rules here is to avoid expressing opinion as fact. And our motto is 'there is no best vaporizer', meaning 'different strokes for different folks'. For some, a log vape is the best vape, but that just means it suits their wants and needs the best.

max,

nr-cole

My vape (Iolite) is fixed temp and I can't deny that it gets me where I want to go. From what I understand, variable temp allows you more freedom to vape at certain temperatures or progress up through them, but to suggest that it makes fixed-temp obsolete seems silly. Lots of people love Iolite/Purple Days/Others who also own variable temp ones like the Extreme, and they don't decide to toss their fixed-temp ones as obsolete. There are lots of options for herb that's been vaped at 190, from saving it to later use for a different high in a variable temp vape, or saving it up for edibles.

nr-cole,

Shiz

deathduck said:
From Wikipedia:
CBD's and CBN's are very important for an enjoyable high, many argue they are MOST important. Purple days vaporizer heats up to 190-200C max which falls short of the flash points of CBD and CBN. I'm sure other vaporizers share this flaw as well.
Take the original poster's message into account. Maybe a flaw, maybe not. That's not my argument. My argument is that if you own a variable temp vape that can do EVERYTHING the fixed temp can do (they exist), then by definition, the lack of necessity renders the fixed temp unit useless/obsolete. I'm not knocking your fixed temp unit folks. Sorry if I'm coming off that way.

Shiz,

lwien

Shiz said:
My argument is that if you own a variable temp vape that can do EVERYTHING the fixed temp can do (they exist), then by definition, the lack of necessity renders the fixed temp unit useless/obsolete. I'm not knocking your fixed temp unit folks. Sorry if I'm coming off that way.

But that's the flaw, Shiz. There is no "one" variable temp vape that do everything that even other variable temp vapes can do, let alone, what all other fixed temp vapes can do.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Well maybe this new OCD Vaporizer will will have the efficiency of the PD with a temperature knob.

Nosferatu,
hopefully so... it looks like such a nice combination of all the wood vapes that are currently out on the market. Not to mention that it heats up to almost 400 degrees. :2c:

biojuggernaut,

Nycdeisel

max said:
Shiz said:
Most of these comments defending the log seem to be personal and not logical.

Bottom line is a log vape is rendered obsolete if you own another vape that delivers the same temps as the log as well as much higher temps. Why would you NEED it in your plethora? After you have a high temp home vape, low temp vapes are just a collector's item.
I don't know which models you own/have used, but your inexperience with a good fixed temp vape (especially the log type) is showing. Although you can use small amounts in a standard sized, variable temp vape, to try and achieve the same efficiency as a log vape, it's not a satisfying experience in comparison. Feels kind of like you're hitting an empty bowl. OTOH, the log style vape delivers satisfying hits, loses very little vapor to condensation (think short vapor path), and there's no chance of going through a bowl too fast because you've got the temp set too high. If you like to save your ABV for edibles, a fixed temp model provides the absolute best quality remains. And if you like to finish off your ABV with a vape, a variable temp model will take care of the fixed temp remains while providing the slightly different high you get with higher temps.

I've owned at least a dozen different vapes, and have recently had two models in the house that aren't even on the market yet, and I still use a log vape as my main unit. It's strictly personal choice, but I'm far from alone in my preference. If you don't see the logic in using a fixed temp log vape, that's your choice. Doesn't mean there's no logic to the choice. It's not as simple as you make it out to be, especially when vaporizing efficiency involves the psychological factor. The amount of herb that people use in different models varies more with the particular design, than it does with the desire to use a particular amount.

Your bottom line, as you express it, may be fine for you, but it's just your opinion, not an absolute that applies to everyone. One of our rules here is to avoid expressing opinion as fact. And our motto is 'there is no best vaporizer', meaning 'different strokes for different folks'. For some, a log vape is the best vape, but that just means it suits their wants and needs the best.

Very well said :tup:

the new OCD vape looks interesting, waiting to hear more about it.

Nycdeisel,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
can someone explain exactly the situation?

it's true that the flash point of CBN is arround 212, but the boiling point is 185, do I want to flash it or boil it? I though I had to boil it to get vapor, and flash was to burn it, am I wrong ?

AcADIeN,
Top Bottom