First time vaper, hoping for advice

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
Hi I just bought a vape last night. It's a Titto VP-140. It looks like a pencil sharpener.

I was just curious about(well anything helpful) but mainly what temps do you all prefer and why?

I personally didn't see the big deal about the vape last night but idk if there is a little learning curve just to get the technique.

Thanks in advance

Murph,

Cleanfiend

Hi Murph,

The pencil sharpener vapes are unfortunately the entry (and exit) point for many first time vaper's -- I can not speak specifically to your model, but I have not had much luck with that style of vape. My experiences with the pencil sharpeners were plagued by inexact temperature, uneven heating, and little flavor.

As for what temperature are preferable, i try to shoot between 360-395 degrees F. Search around FC and you will find threads that delineate how temperature produces different effects.

Happy vaping and hunting!

Cleanfiend,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi Murph, welcome to the forum. Vaping is something that can take some adjusting to, especially if you are coming from combusting. There will be some responses that help, but reading as much as you can on the forum and doing your homework will be the most helpful to you. That and a little time to get used to vaping. To get you started, here is a link on temps:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197
And here is a link regarding other's feelings beginning their vape experience:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4626

Happy reading! ;)

momofthegoons,

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
Thanks guys! That's unfortunate that I got the noob level vape but it was such a steal of a deal. My buddy has been going on and on about how his vape is better than my Bongs so I figured it's time to try it out.

I'm sure I'll become a frequent to this forum once I get setup. Thanks again

Murph,

max

Out to lunch
That's unfortunate that I got the noob level vape but it was such a steal of a deal.
Nothing wrong with starting out cheap, unless the performance is poor enough to make you think that vaping is over hyped. It gives you a chance to try out vapor and see if it suits you, without spending a lot. I would recommend that you switch to vapor 100% for a while, instead of mixing vapor and smoke every day. That way your body gets used to vapor and it gives you time to decide if you like it enough to stick with it. Some end up mixing smoke and vapor, and others just quit smoking entirely.

max,

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
I know I won't quit entirely I have my medcard and there is a smoking lounge down the street my friends and I are always going to. I probably will vape at home and smoke while I'm out. What's this about putting vape "vapor?" into a bag and taking a hit whenever you want?

Murph,

OC513

Dabaholic
Murph said:
I know I won't quit entirely I have my medcard and there is a smoking lounge down the street my friends and I are always going to. I probably will vape at home and smoke while I'm out. What's this about putting vape "vapor?" into a bag and taking a hit whenever you want?

kind of cumbersome.....look into a magic flight launch box for the ability to take a hit whenever you want.

OC513,

the_germinator

What's this about putting vape "vapor?" into a bag and taking a hit whenever you want?

well, it depends on what your preference is.. bags have their advantages. see if you can find someone with a volcano and try it out. you will probably find that you end up with / like / use several different units, based on stealth, portability etc... the more the merrier =) I have a cano and it works well. have PD on loan from a friend and like it too may be buying it

the_germinator,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Murph, while I've not used a Titto VP-140 I suspect that it's a lower end box vape with a cheesy digital temp readout.
How much did you pay for it? You should know that box vapes can be fantastic, depends on the unit.
Vapor Brothers, VaporBox, VaporCannon - these are the higher quality "pencil sharpener" vapes of that ilk.
Someone I know bought a cheap box vape on Ebay - a "vapor prince" and I tried it out once.
It was marginally OK and the weakest link I think was the hose that you draw from - the "whip."
It kinked up too easily - it was cheap plastic and probably toxic.
My advice to you is search your local craigslist for sale, type in "vaporizer" and see what comes up.
If you can find a vapor brothers for about $70 used I would buy it, or something like that. If the heater craps out on the
vapor brothers you can send it back to them with a check for $30 I believe and they'll repair and replace and upgrade.
And you will definitely not be sorry.

Don't buy another vaporizer until you either scan through the posts here or ask around on these forums or in the chat room.

jeffp,

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
I'm probably going to get The magic flight launch box based on reviews and the fact that it's portable. If I go with another "pencil sharpener" vape then I'll go with Vapor Brothers. Thanks for all ghe help.

I got the vape for free so I can't complain at all.

Murph,

Nycdeisel

Theres a better option for whip vapes beside the vaporbros. I had a VB before my DBV, and I really prefer the latter. You can check out the differences in another topic, I wont go into them now

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

Good choice, its a nice starter vape, but its actually high quality. you gettin one of them fancy power adapters for it too?
:D

Nycdeisel,

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
Probably, Even with extra batteries and the power adaptor its still cheaper than going through pipes, bongs, and whips because of that badass lifetime warrantry

Murph,
Top Bottom