First DIY attempt. An Elev8R clone

x96504

I made this while waiting on a replacement part for the SmokeStack I broke because I got reckless.

It consists of the Arizer whip thing with 90 degree elbow that comes as part of the SmokeStack. It has an 18mm male end. The next piece is one I found at a local shop. It has an 18mm female bowl in which I placed (I think) a Mighty+ screen. I hope to find a slightly larger screen. The other end is 14mm female. I found the next piece at another local shop. It's 14mm male to 14mm male. It's all connected to a 14mm female J Hook that I think I bought at POTV.

I should have taken a before picture that showed the 0.17 grams (I weighed) of flower and how close it was to the 18mm male. I was worried about the closeness. I don't know if it affected results. It did mess with my head and technique. Basically, my first hit was terpy goodness, then I couldn't get any consistency. I tasted one bit of flower. A few other bits got caught in the twists and turns.

I couldn't tell if any of the ABV (second picture in link) was black, but I didn't taste combustion and the glass is clean. What's obvious is the unevenness. I don't know how much to attribute to bad technique and how much to the equipment. More experimentation to follow.

What do you think? I'm new to all this and want to learn. I'm trying to mix it up by buying from local places, TRWW, VGoodieZ, Sneaky Pete, etc, and am dipping my toe in AliExpress. Haven't used DHGate yet.

Edit: I haven't looked into it yet but I'm new here and wasn't able to insert an image. Not sure why. Also, I basically copied and pasted my post from Reddit.

Last edited:

x96504

I made this while waiting on a replacement part for the SmokeStack I broke because I got reckless.

It consists of the Arizer whip thing with 90 degree elbow that comes as part of the SmokeStack. It has an 18mm male end. The next piece is one I found at a local shop. It has an 18mm female bowl in which I placed (I think) a Mighty+ screen. I hope to find a slightly larger screen. The other end is 14mm female. I found the next piece at another local shop. It's 14mm male to 14mm male. It's all connected to a 14mm female J Hook that I think I bought at POTV.

I should have taken a before picture that showed the 0.17 grams (I weighed) of flower and how close it was to the 18mm male. I was worried about the closeness. I don't know if it affected results. It did mess with my head and technique. Basically, my first hit was terpy goodness, then I couldn't get any consistency. I tasted one bit of flower. A few other bits got caught in the twists and turns.

I couldn't tell if any of the ABV (second picture in link) was black, but I didn't taste combustion and the glass is clean. What's obvious is the unevenness. I don't know how much to attribute to bad technique and how much to the equipment. More experimentation to follow.

What do you think? I'm new to all this and want to learn. I'm trying to mix it up by buying from local places, TRWW, VGoodieZ, Sneaky Pete, etc, and am dipping my toe in AliExpress. Haven't used DHGate yet.

Edit: I haven't looked into it yet but I'm new here and wasn't able to insert an image. Not sure why. Also, I basically copied and pasted my post from Reddit.
Here's some pictures of my second attempt. I think the flower is too close to the hole of the male adapter. I think I'll get more even heat if I use less. I didn't measure this time though. I heated for 45 seconds while inhaling for the final 5. I think I held the torch too far away. My first hit had light terps. My second had okay smoke. I reheated for like 6 seconds with the torch close to the glass and inhaling the entire time. Great hit. Second hit got a little too hot. I stirred and reheated. Went a little too far for little reward.

Top Bottom