• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FC skateboarding crew

2clicker

Observer
hey Fam, i have not been skating since about 2000... dont ask why

anyway, my son just had a bday and wanted a skateboard. my plan was to get a complete and teach him on that. so i get to my local B&M skate shop and get talked into a mini for my son. so now he has a new setup, but i cant really ride it to show him. so whats the answer? getting myself a new complete as well! lol

so i copped those last Thurs night and had to wait until yesterday to bust it out. ANYWAY... i have not been this stoked to skate in about 16 years (36 now). its all i can think about the last few days. my desire to destroy the streets is back and it feels amazing! my first day back felt really good. obviously my skills have deteriorated a bit as has my stamina, but i still pulled some old tricks out of the bag. standard kickflips and heelflips. i landed one backside 180 heelflip. not much else really, but i can imagine if i keep skating this summer that most of it willcome back. once i get conditioned again that is.

where are all the FC skateboarders at?

lets get some FC labeled decks printed up eh? they make for a fun ride and great wall art!

Mrmrmrmr

Hell yes!!!!! This is one topic/sport that isn't discussed much on here !
I started skating at 10, but haven't done any real tech skating in a year. Now I mainly longboard because I love going fast and shredding that pavement. It really is the land version of surfing I feel so alive when I skate.
Have Ben feeling the urge to dust off my old tech board and start up again.
If I can land a 360 flip by the end of the first day I'd say I still have it !
@2clicker do you feel like you could do stairs any time soon ?
That's what I really miss about skating on a shorter board.

2clicker

Observer
@Mrmrmrmr, stairs... not quite yet. my legs are SO out of shape right now. i sit behind a desk at my 9-5 and havent been active in years. so this shit has my legs CASHED. lol

i skated again last night. already starting to finesse the heelflips and kickflips. i wont be attempting a 360 flip quite yet. i need to get my stamina back. my legs were on fire after last nights session. felt like i was doing 1000lbs squats all day.

i imagine ill need a couple of weeks to a month to get my legs used to it again.

oh and def ate some shit last night. i was hauling ass and heelflipped over a sewer lid. i pulled it cleanly, but hit a small rock and it launched me. haha that one hurt. landed on my shoulder and back. some really nice road rash. looks like i need to learn to fall again as well. gotta roll when you fall.

im not looking to turn pro or anything, but would like to get back close to where i used to be. that may or may not include stairs and handrails. we will see. im gonna build a box for my house. something to grind and slide on. manuals and all that.

ill try to post some video of my out of shape ass skating.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Just remember at 36 your a bit more fragile then you were at 16. Gets harder to just walk(or skate)it off once your outta your early twenties.

But have fun 'n' tear it up for those of us that can't anymore.

I loved it but haven't stepped on a board for 35 years or so. (would of been hard to do for the last 25 years using a walker or cane though)

:peace:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I used to snowboard A LOT growing up, but never got into skateboarding.

A year or two back though, lots of my buddies got into Longboards, so I bought a pretty nice one, it's long as fuck, and I can't do any tricks on it, but it's a smooth coaster and pretty fun to ride.

Though, I suck at it, and fractured my elbow within like a week or two? Realized, my trip to the hospital and the medical bills weren't worth it lol.

Sounds like a real fun time with your kid though, I had fun taking mine to a relatives house to go "ride bikes" with all my little cousins.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Does roller skating count?!? ;) Skate or Die!
gfs_117560_2_1.jpg

Burken

I skated a lot when I was younger but I've been on a long break from it for about ten years, I'm 29 now, but last summer I got the itch so I decided to buy a new board.
Soon after the purchase I realized I have zero skills left and it would take a lot of practice to make it as enjoyable again...
So I bought a longboard instead!

Picked up a Sector 9 Northern Lights, and yes, I'm ashamed to admit it but the name had a lot to do with it:p
Been having a ton of fun on that board, the Sidewinder trucks works great for just cruising down some hills or avoiding traffic when I use it as transportation.

It also keeps the snowboarding-itch in check over the summer:rockon:

chillersnov8p

Got back into skating when my sons were young. 48 now and love carving skating parks. We have a wooden bowl in the backyard and enjoy taking family skate trips. My sons are now 16 and 13 and we are starting to get more into mountain biking it seems. Just so happens we have a pretty good back yard for that too. In the winter we Snowskate to extend the binding free time. Lots of backcountry and snowmobile access for our pow turns.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I used to be a fairly decent street skater. Spent many a weekend at 'South Bank' in the early 90's.

I'd love one of these and to start skating again.

flip_zpszpvxg5cm.jpg~original

But Mrs H3rba1ist said she would leave me if I did. I never understood her reasoning until one day she pointed out a grey haired 40 year old bloke skating at our local park and said, SEE, That's what you would look like. Then I got it.

But when my boy is old enough it's going to a hard urge to resist.

:)

EDIT
Forgot to say, I now get my skate boarding kicks playing the True Skate game on andriod.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
One of my all time favorite skate videos.

skip to 56:45 for the invisible boards bit.

have you seen Pretty Sweet?

the ultimate girl/chocolate video to date. its from 2012 but Spike Jones best skate video work IMO.

http://prettysweetvideo.com/

EVERYONE in skateboarding makes an appearance including funny dudes will arnet and jack black. even if you dont skate you will really enjoy this video.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
have you seen Pretty Sweet?

the ultimate girl/chocolate video to date. its from 2012 but Spike Jones best skate video work IMO.

http://prettysweetvideo.com/

EVERYONE in skateboarding makes an appearance including funny dudes will arnet and jack black. even if you dont skate you will really enjoy this video.

Sounds great.
i will watch that for sure.

Didn't watch skate videos much after the Yeah Right one. I am from the 'Gleaming the Cube' era.
:myday:

Top Bottom