• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Extreme + Sore throat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLiguL

Hey everyone,

I recently came into a lot of "stuff" and have been vaping a lot lately with my whip. I was wondering if anyone else is in a similiar situation (2-3 full bowls a day) and got a sore throat.

I would go through this amount on my old vaporizer (VaporCannon, Box type) and there was no sore throat to speak of. Im not sure if its the extreme or this new batch of stuff.

I am currently vaping at 230C and I do not play wit my temps at all.

Edit: im using a 3rd gen unit (max temp 260C)

eLiguL,

max

Out to lunch
A sore throat like you get with a virus? Vapor isn't likely to produce the constant inflammation that's usually defined as sore throat. I've had my throat irritated by too much hot air from a vape, but hydration fixed that. I've never had dryness or soreness that lasted past a drink of water.

Try slowing your hits down. That gives the air more time to cool and may even increase your vapor/air ratio. You could also switch to bag delivery and take it easy on those hits as well. Again, it should not be a chronic condition. I just haven't heard anyone else complain of throat soreness or dryness lingering after a session.

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Yes, I'm with max on this one. I often feel my throat and mouth getting "dried out" when vaporizing (more like the slightest irritation...it really doesn't even bother me, and I only register it when it's been a hard session)...especially during/after those longggg sessions. It only makes sense, right? Constant hot air being drawn into your lungs will equal at least a slight irritation. However, I've also never had this feeling last past a drink of water (which I always keep on hand while vaporizing anyway...just makes the experience complete, in my mind. I've got a H2O fetish though :brow::rolleyes:).

If you are feeling pain, or any type of more severe irritation, I would either consider it a somatic condition and do whatever you do in that situation, or take a break from vaporizing to see what happens, etc. Maybe you are just overly sensitive...but I would tend to think it has nothing to do with vaporizing, essentially...maybe some other issue is being accentuated by your constant breathing of hot air?

In a fittingly twisted way, I personally love the feeling of hot air hitting the bottom of my windpipe and it's transition into my lungs. Sometimes I lay back and let the PD's vapor tube sit comfortably pointing straight down my throat and try to launch that vapor as deep into the dark corners of my lungs as is realistically possible! Still, no matter how hard I hit the vape...that irritation always seems to come down to hydration, so I don't know what's going on eLiguL dude. I hope you get it figured out and can go back to hitting that sexy E in comfort very soon. :tup:

partially veiled,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I do find the hotair can irritate my throat but its fleeting and sometimes I mistake a cold or flu as a sore throat from over indulgence.

As someone who does a lot of singing vapping has given me a bigger vocal range and more sustain ... that is I can sing for much longer periods. This coming Saturday I am busking for 3-4 hours as a fundraiser for my sons hockey team, then I'm practising/jamming with my band where I am the lead vocalist (or though I do share some of the vocals with my lead guitarist) and will belt out rock and pop tunes for 3 hours. This will also include lots of sessioning through a vape without any loss of vocal ability.

vap on brothers!!!

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
that makes a lot of sense to me too, even when i smoke weed, my voice seems to be clearer and my upper and lower ranges are extended, and my voice doesnt get as tired and, i can get more dynamic range as well

it also acts as a bronchiodilator, which makes you able to hold notes longer

btw, im a classical, opera, and folk singer... vocalists unite!

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Cool ... but smoking produces so much heat I suffer from mucus build up and my voical range suffers.

This is the biggest winner for me ... vapour is so much cooler it doesn't force my throat to produce mucus for protection. I don't really care to much about the toxins to be honest ... its the cool temp of the vapor that sold me on a vape. The lack of carcinogens and tar is just an added bonus. :cool:

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive only ever smoked, so i bet vapor is a hundred times better for your voice, usually i would go through cycles with my pieces, where id smoke my pipe then id "rediscover" my bong, and then smoke my pipe again and feel so classy... and so on

if i have enough money i might get a nice 18 incher with an ice catcher and a vaporstar, otherwise im going for a vaporgenie

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm an everyday user so vapping has been a huge improvement vocally for me over combustion.

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had a little throat irritation when I first started vaping, but can't remember the last time it came up. And since I vape every night, it must have been a long time ago when it last bothered me.

stickstones,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I had a slight sore throat for a couple of days recently, thruthfully i dont even think it was Vape related, although i could have easily made that association, eLigul i would recomend you play around with the Temps And Draw speeds, Sometimes my conclusions about all that r up for change whenever, There really is No Exact "One Way" to use the Extreme IMO, I watched a video of tokinglx Drawing on the SSV "Really Hard", like i could see his Cheek's folding in all the way with a Heavy Draw, SO i thought i'll try that and yes it does seem Intense & heavier hitting somewhat, but ive noticed with different :leaf: i get different performance of increasing temps upto 260c degrees with vape appearing thicker or more dense. also if the draws are weakening a bit I stir, And up the temp by 5 degrees and wait Five minutes and bang heaps of thick vape that wouldn't have been there without the extra wait, Funny hey, Like i said a while back vaping is not as straight foward as lighting a Joint, But it is Much Much more appealing and rewarding :D :crack that :whip:

Cannabudz,

eLiguL

I made a water cooler for my whip out of a bottle and tubing. The soreness has been going down since ive been using it. Maybe vaping too much is the problem who knows??

eLiguL,

marcuss

above the clouds
i know that one of the thc side effects is dry mounth...even if you eat it, so if your plant is good obviously you'll get some "secchezza delle fauci" a.k.a. soreness.....water filter method helps a lot but not completely!
A glass of water is the best friend for a hard "plant" smoker/vaporist!

marcuss,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom