Extreme review

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvel

Not trying to make this into an "all Extreme, all the time" forum, ;), it's just how I found it. :cool:

So, I bought an Extreme. It arrived Monday. It's blowing my mind.

The Background: I'm a total n00b to all of this. Never was interested in drugs growing up. I tried pot once in my teens, it just hurt my throat, I didn't feel any effects so I never tried it again, until about a year ago. I'm in my thirties. And my second time was just as "good" as my first - no effects, nothing, no fun, so I swore it off.

Last fall I did a hit of shrooms. My first real drug experience. Rocked my world. Earlier this year I tried pot for the third time. Burned my throat but had mild effects, got the munchies, it was "ok". Had it again a couple months after that, finally had a real good time and have been doing it two, three times a month since. Hit the bong a little too hard so I try to stick with a little glass pipe. Finally learned to control intake so as not to burn the throat after several times, now I'm cooool...

Vaping introduction: So my buddy tells me about vaporizers a few weeks back and I start doing some research. He'd never tried one, he'd just heard of them. And everything I see points to the Volcano. The whole "medical grade" crap had me sold. Now I'm not knocking the volcano, looks like a hell of a nice unit, I almost bought one! Had the thing been closer to $300 I'd have just bought it right off and would have never found the Extreme. But I was really looking into this for the health reasons, nothing more, and so here was a company touting this thing as a medical appliance and I'm digging it. But I'm also not really justifying $669 here! I mean, let's get real, it's a fucking test here. I'm dropping some cash just to see what this shit is all about. For all I know it won't work at all and I'll have wasted my money. Now far me it from me to be cheap, I like to throw money around when I can afford to, which is probably why I can't afford to very often, but whatever. I go looking for something a little less expensive on this purchase. And I found a lot of things that didn't scream "medical appliance"... and since I'm really only thinking of this as a health thing, I want the medical appliance. Then I found the Extreme, on a lark, from a review post on shroomery, and here we have a medical appliance that looks great, will fit right where I want it without attracting too much attention, can be left out and nobody will be the wiser... and for half what I was going to spend on that volcano. I mean, hell yeah. So I buy one. Then I find this forum which had the best info on this thing, anywhere.

The Extreme: Yeah... I bought it Friday. Couldn't fucking wait for it to arrive. I met the mailman at the box on Saturday. What? I'm only a few hours drive from the vendor I bought it from, priority mail, it's possible it could arrive that fast. But no. It does come on Monday though, so I unpack it, hook everything up, and throw on the potpourri while I wait for my buddy, who turned me on to these, to come over. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The machine is awesome. Packaging was superb, everything is just great, no problems whatsoever. Very user friendly. The company is amazing, what can I say. Fan noise is pretty quiet on low, I can let it run in the background and it's not a huge distraction. You can hear it, to be sure, but it's not like a wind tunnel. Turn that sucker on 2 or 3, though, and now we almost have ourselves a hair dryer sound level going on. Anyway, I don't have any problems with the fan sounds. With the fan off the unit is silent.

I love how the sides stay cool to the touch, even when you're baking the shit out of some poor little herb. Love the design. I wish it had a few more LEDs underneath, but I'm a sucker for gimmicks like that. The two that it does have kick ass. Makes it look all smooth in the dark. Love the stainless steel on black look. The fact that the entire herb path is glass or hose/bag, is nice. No metals or other crap to leach into my herb.

Love the versatility. That totally sold me. Being able to do the bag, the whip, and warm the smelly stuff the girls like? Totally cool. I'd never vaped and knew nobody with a vaporizer so I really didn't want to tie myself down to one method. This was like three units in one. A truly brilliant design and it all works very well. It does not suffer from "x in one" syndrome, you know where the "all in one" unit is nowhere near as good as each of the things it's supposed to be? Not the case here, my friends. As a bag filler, it behaves like a dedicated bag filler. On the whip, behaves as a dedicated whip unit, etc. Perfect.

Oh, and the remote rocks. Love that shit. Like I said I'm a sucker for gimmicks. So I'm very happy with the machine. That's not to say the machine is a gimmick. Far from it, this thing is fucking awesome. A medical grade device with totally unnecessary, but totally bitchin' electronic toy add-ons. The geek factor scores high on me.

The Vaporizing: Oh yessss, my precious! This is fucking amazing. Look, I know it's trite and everyone here says it but I can't help myself: I'm never smoking again. Seriously, fuck smoking. This is amazing. And I've only hit it twice now.

First off, the vapor is cool. No smoke here. I'm hitting it at 210c. That sounds hot, it's not. Seriously the air feels cold to me coming in. Not even a hint of warmth, like it's colder than the air around me. Just real nice, real smooth. The taste is up next - it's fabulous. I've never tasted MJ like this before. It's yummy. Never much cared for the taste before, all burnt and nasty. This is clean, pure - delicious. I'll take multiple smaller vape hits and keep them in my mouth just to savor the taste. I looked forward to it all day today.

The side effects are amazing: There aren't any! Every time I smoked a bunch, I'd feel like shit the next day. Like a mild hangover. Not anymore - I got up this morning feeling great, clear headed and ready to face the day. Smell, yeah you can still smell pot. Don't kid yourself. But it's a slightly different smell, more pleasant and dissipates faster. Oh, but there is one huge positive: No smell on your clothes. Every time I smoked I'd go back to my wife smelling like pot, which she wouldn't appreciate. Not with vaping, my friends. I could hit it on my lunch break and even my drug sniffing puritan coworkers wouldn't smell a thing on me when I got back to the office. So that's a huge plus all by itself.

All in all, this appliance has turned MJ into a medical thing for me. I now view it not as a way to get high, but as a way to wind down, chill out and get a good night's sleep. That's a whole new take on pot for me, to be able to see it not as a drug, but as a therapeutic herb. The kind of thinking that's going to turn me into a major political lobbyist for decriminalization of this wonderful plant (not that I wasn't already, I've always supported the freedom of people to do what they please with their bodies, but after experiencing this "medicinal" high, I'm way on the side of "what the fuck is wrong with my country that this isn't perfectly legal?"). And with the vapor, I don't have any harmful side effects, my lungs should always feel great, etc. It really can't be beat. I've got money that says every smoker I know is going to be converted after hanging with me now. For sure, I'm never smoking again. This is way too smooth and nice to go back.

All in all, this will go down as one of the best lifestyle changes I've ever made. I say that with meaning, folks. If you're on the fence, you're wasting your time debating a no-brainer. Step your ass up to the plate and do this right. Don't even look back - you won't need to once you try this.

Oh, and I wrote this while high as fuck, so that might answer those lingering concerns you're having about my statements. :cool:

marvel,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Man, that is an awesome fucking post on so many different levels.

Sorry I can't follow up with a great reply but you really said it all, plus I'm too tired to think of anything smart. :D

A word of warning, my friend... You seem like the type who is predisposed to collecting multiple vaporizers. I'd advise against reading some of the threads here. ;)

:bigleaf:
:cheers:

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Ididn't know i was getting a medical device until 2 or 3 day's after i received my Arizer delivery, then it Dawned on me like a full on lightbulb moment,27 years of self serving delusion came to an end, and i steped free from my solitary confinement/prison stlye life

Fence sitter's take the jump, then u can get all righteous and preachy like us:lol:

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
damn here i am after deciding that i like the silver surfer better than the extreme.. nad then you come along with a post like this and shake me all up about the shiney digital goodness :lol:

now i gotta go read some rave reviews about the ssv just to balance it out again :p

Acolyte of Zinglon,

PurplE KronicS

First off, the vapor is cool. No smoke here. I'm hitting it at 210c.
Hello everyone... I'm new to the forum POST #1 so here it is...

I have read plenty of posts saying the perfect vape temp is 340C. Even letters from Arizer, giving a whole explanation why the perfect temp is 340C. My Extreme top temp. is 250C. and personally always vaporize at 220C. So is there something wrong with our units, or these are nEw Generations of some sort. :lol:
Please someone help...

I want to add... F*cking Extreme rule :cool:

PurplE KronicS,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey man :wave:

Yep, there are 2 revisions right now, in the newest revision they moved the sensor and the maximum temp on the display is 250 so you have a new one.

More info

See ya in the clouds. :D

vtac,

PurplE KronicS

Hey man, thanks for the quik response. I was having this doubt since my vaporizer arrive.
I dont even knew there is a "vaporpedia", so cool I reach the right temp. 220C by myself.

So I'll keep vapin and vapin... Cool forum you have here PROPS to you all ;)

PurplE KronicS,

max

Out to lunch
I have read plenty of posts saying the perfect vape temp is 340C.
No, that would be the perfect display temp for the Extreme only, 1st generation only.

The perfect vape temp is more like 340 F (actually closer to 370). An actual temp of 340 C would be above combustion and unuseable for vapor.

This is not directed at you Purple. I'm sure you understand that the Extreme's display doesn't reflect true vaping temps. This is just general info for others not familiar with the Extreme's display numbers vs. real vaping temps. 220 C is closer to real vaping temp but still high.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
spyder said:
I have both...:D
heh im on a student budget, i can only afford one for now

i was planning on getting the extreme later on (in a couple years) anyway, after the company has refined it more, for now im getting the ssv and a nice bong though

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yup that was my conclusion as well

i have to say that the extreme is my favorite baloon vap on the market, i dont like the volcano's construction... and especially not the price :o
ceramic and glass > aluminum and plastic :science:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
yup that was my conclusion as well

i have to say that the extreme is my favorite baloon vap on the market, i dont like the volcano's construction... and especially not the price :o
ceramic and glass > aluminum and plastic :science:
BANG BANG nothing else to add thats it

Clear_Dome,

marvel

A word of warning, my friend... You seem like the type who is predisposed to collecting multiple vaporizers. I'd advise against reading some of the threads here.
Hahaha... that's awesome. And you know what, little more than a year ago you would have been totally right, too. It's funny how one's natural personality shows through even in mere words on a screen. You're right, my natural personality is absolutely to collect multiples of neat toys like this. About a year ago, though, I went through a difficult time in my life - came to the brink of divorce, lived in my RV for several months and had plans to stay living in it for 5+ years. The experience turned me into a real minimalist. All of my expensive toys back at the house didn't mean shit, I couldn't take any of it with me. Living in a tiny space you have to make every non-consumable purchase with serious intention.

Amazingly, for someone who likes toys as much as I do, I actually enjoyed the minimalist lifestyle. It felt refreshing - and I saved a ton of money because I didn't buy anything. The whole experience gave me a refreshed perspective on life. Even though I'm back in my house with my wife now, I still call the RV home, in fact I'm posting from it right now. It's been hard to re-integrate into family life after being gone for several months. And I still don't know for sure if she wants to keep me around forever, or if she'll turn on me again and demand I leave, so I've stayed a minimalist. I've reduced my life and sold my possessions such that all I have to do is turn the key and drive away and all of the material things I own fit nicely in my RV and I could live amongst them without clutter.

That's one of the things I love about the Extreme. It's small enough to fit perfectly in a little corner on my RV's kitchen countertop. Almost looks like a little coffee maker or something sitting there. Definitely looks like a kitchen appliance. Fits right in and doesn't clutter the place up.

So, now that I've told you way more about my personal life than anyone gives a shit to hear, :) - the answer is no, I actually have zero interest in collecting more vapes. If I ever buy a different one, it would have to replace the Extreme, not add to it. But I think it's amazing that my "true" as opposed to my remade self showed through to you in the post. If I hadn't gone through what I went through, yeah, I absolutely would be the type to own a few vaporizers. :)

marvel,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Nice post Marvel. Kia Kaha as we say in NZ ... stay stong bro!

I have quite a few toys because I have multiple interests but I don't collect things. I have surfed for 25 years and most of the time I only ever had one surfboard. Lots of my mates had multple sticks ... its called a 'quiver' of surfboards ... variety of conditions and that sort of shit ... but I have always gone for the allrounder. same with my guitars . I do have 3 but all have there purpose and my main guitar gets used alot and I need a backup for gigs anyway. And now vapes. I've got 2 but really only need one. The PD is the allrounder I am looking for. Its doesn't do bags but I'm not interested in bags anyway.

But I know some people get a kick out of collecting things. Like stamps as a younger ... I was never into that sort of thing. Too busy doing sport and chasing girls :brow:

Have to do it

... :horse: ...

:tup:

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Love yah work Marvel,minimalist is exactly me, i'm a firm beleiver in u can't take any of it with you when you die. Thats why money to me is not that biga thing, experience is it for me, and i'm only looking for good xp. i only have one cofee machine and it's all i need, but vaping now thats a whole different kettle of fish the way i see it, iv'e had a few shitty vape's b4 meeting all of you, and as much as i love and appreciate having my Precious Extreme, i'm prepared accept it's not everything for everyone or me after seing a video 2day i'm sure i'm gonna be eating more often aswell, get the two different cbd's going for that more total thc xp :D

i know :bang:

luv the smilies V

Cannabudz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom