Extracting the Good Stuff: Oil vs. Plant Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I'm curious if vaping oil allows one to extract more 'good stuff' compared to vaping the plant form.
The reason I'm wondering this is because I've recently been vaping ABV oil that was made from ABV i had collected using my PD (at a constant temp). I've been running the oil in my PD with the oil placed onto a thin layer of ABV. I've really enjoyed doing this and it certainly has been effective.

This got me to thinking: this oil I'm successfully recycling came from ABV that I had deemed spent, and the fact that I'm getting additional milage out of the bud is great.

That made me wonder if oils vape better in general, perhaps because oil lacks stems and plant matter that may not hold heat as well.

Deadhead101,

djonkoman

I think it's just accumulation.
I mostly use my underdog wich has a variable bowlsize, and I usually keep the 'bowl' on my glass stem on the small side. I have noticed that if I load the abv wich doesn't give any vsible vapor in the glass stem in one of the silicone stems in wich I have set a much bigger 'bowl', I can still get some visble vapor from it.
with oil you're basically doing the same, but instead if increasing the bowlsize you're making the volume of the material going in smaller

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom