• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

expelling ABV..... log vape style.

the ob

all good in the hood.
how do you guys deal with expelling your ABV? what I mean is that I want to try to save it and blowing it into a jar does not work because the force of the air blows it all out. I have tried to find a suitable way to do it and have not found it yet. using a pick of some kind works but I am afraid I will puncture the screen. advice?

sorry, if this should have been in ask FC please move it.

Modnote: Moved. Please also do not cross post (post the same question in multiple places).

the ob,

tuttle

I just use the blow bag that came with the PD. Any small fabric bag would work.

tuttle,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I use a tall glass jar that formerly housed roasted red peppers. I'd say about 20-24 ounces. It is tall enough that I can blow the stem at a downward angle towards the upper wall inside of the glass jar. I've never had a blowback problem and I let the jar get about 1/3 or so full before I swap jars. Works like a charm for me.

Lo,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I just use a cup and bang the stem on the inside like I was ringing a bell. If the stem is warm the stuff will fall right out. No fuss no mess.

Skunkypete,

OC513

Dabaholic
I use the tin box that my Launch Box came in and tap the stem on the edge while warm and it all comes out cleanly. Box holds a lil more than a 1/2 OZ before needing to be emptied.....which to me is a good amount to then use to cook with.

OC513,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I've got a small decorative heavy glass jar a couple inches tall with a cork stopper. I tap the stem from my PD or MZ on the edge several times when hot- everything falls right out. Check the end to make sure it's empty then give it a short blow thru (not into the jar, just into the room) to make sure any small particles are gone..

indigal,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I use my pouch that my grinder came in. You can surround it with the fabric and blow away. Save it up and transfer it to another ziploc baggie to use later on.

AGBeer,

aero18

vaporist
I use a bent paper clip to poke the ABV out of the draw tube and into a glass jar. It is a no nonsense approach!

aero18,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah I use a small pin or needle. I use it to scrape out anything that doesn't blow out, and I prod the screen to help clear clogged holes. A safety pin works well, for the obvious reason that you can stick it in safety mode and not worry about spiking yourself when you're bent, and also because they're not as easy to misplace as regular pins and needles.

Qbit,
Top Bottom