Ever met anyone with worse VAS than you?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'll qualify the thread title a little more.

Have you ever met anyone with worse VAS than you and it WASN'T through meeting them online in a forum like this. I'm talking just meeting someone out in the wild like at a party or something and it turned out they had worse VAS than you. Personally, it's never happened to me and I don't even own a ton of vapes. Are there really not that many people who fuck combustion? Because once you do, you'll usually develop VAS.

How rare are people like us in the wild?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have never even met another vaper in real life. And it appears I am not alone:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have never even met another vaper in real life. And it appears I am not alone:
Well shit. Mods pls feel free to merge if topics are too similar. Should've searched a bit more but yeah that's messed up that dry herb vapers are so rare. I'm in the same boat where I've directly converted most people I know who ever use one. I've met one other guy and he used a Pax. Guess that makes sense statistically.

My original question was too ambitious I guess. Forget about meeting a rando vaper with worse VAS than you, it seems it's hard to meet a rando vaper at all. 😮

Last edited:

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I have friends in real life with with: Dynavap, Volcano, Mighty, Crafty, Pax2/3, Magic Flight Launch Box, Starry v2/3, Ditanium, Lotus. Though none of them are as nerdy as me with it. Quite a few coverts among them. Though I have yet to turn a heavy blunt/spliff smoker to vaping full time. I work in wine/spirits/coffee so I tend to give people demos alongside a tasting flight of herb. It would covert me at least. Rather then rare I think it depends on industry/local culture.

Edit: I do live in a legal area as well as participate in the local arts scene so while nobody knows what my anvil is when I pull it out at a party, people are just down and usually ask a bunch of questions afterwards.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
ell shit. Mods pls feel free to merge it topics are too similar. Should've searched a bit more but yeah that's messed up that dry herb vapers are so rare
I think this is a new question and that's an old thread. I think it brings interesting context, but I would also love to hear the story of someone meeting another vaper and then figuring out they had "worse VAS."

I have Cloud Connoisseur branded shoes and I always hope that someday someone will recognize the logo. Hasn't happened yet.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Not in real life. I just have a neighbor with a mighty, I gave him a fmj vapcap to try something different. I offered my two best weed burning friends a vaporgenie each 13 years ago and no one got into vaping...
I fail to understand how the taste of good weed in even an average vape wouldn't at least make a smoker curious. Once I tasted and smelled just how delicious getting high could be, I was sold. Such a different experience than hacking and coughing your way to a high through combustion. Acrid smoke taste just dominates the experience.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I fail to understand how the taste of good weed in even an average vape wouldn't at least make a smoker curious. Once I tasted and smelled just how delicious getting high could be, I was sold. Such a different experience than hacking and coughing your way to a high through combustion. Acrid smoke taste just dominates the experience.
Some truly prefer the taste of smoking. A lot of famous growers swear by joints. I think there is a lot of romantic imagery tied up with smoking things.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are exposed to a shitty vape first and never experience how good it can be. Also rolling papers are a lot cheaper than even a shitty vape.

Sativapo

It requires some geekiness to get in the the logic and the right technique in the beginning, to be a bit technically curious. My wife is now a bit into vaping but I still have to say to her for example: if your not drawing on the roffu turn it off because it's in session mod....But rolling a proper joint requires also to get some technique in the beginning that seems obvious after.

We're like a happy few geek pothead international cult with virtual connections

Last edited:

beluga808

Dude I've never even met anyone who vaporizes flower. Everyone I know thinks it's fucking stupid.
haha man it's the same here :D

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are exposed to a shitty vape first and never experience how good it can be. Also rolling papers are a lot cheaper than even a shitty vape.
Yes, shitty (and cheap) first vape is definitely a problem. If it even comes to that point. Most people I tried to covert said "It's nice, but the feeling not the same as combustion". Right, it should not be like combustion. The problem is they don't take enough time with a vape. They don't think about what they need, what they want. The whole topic of vaporization is new to them and they don't know much about it. Maybe they don't want to spend the time getting into it. "So much maintenance" was also something I heard a few times. I like to do the maintenance. I like to have a clean and shiny vaporizer. But maybe I'm just a weird vaporizer guy ;)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
haha man it's the same here :D

Yes, shitty (and cheap) first vape is definitely a problem. If it even comes to that point. Most people I tried to covert said "It's nice, but the feeling not the same as combustion". Right, it should not be like combustion. The problem is they don't take enough time with a vape. They don't think about what they need, what they want. The whole topic of vaporization is new to them and they don't know much about it. Maybe they don't want to spend the time getting into it. "So much maintenance" was also something I heard a few times. I like to do the maintenance. I like to have a clean and shiny vaporizer. But maybe I'm just a weird vaporizer guy ;)
Hehe well thankfully we have this community where all "weird vaporizer guys" can get together and geek out on vaporizer stuff.

Until I found this place I really had no idea how rare the community is. Once I knew dry herb vaporization existed I knew I had to try it.

People give up too easily on things I guess. Immediate gratification and whatnot. Same reason some are satisfied with freeze dried coffee while others buy gourmet coffee beans and grind them in 2000$ machines.

You can get a decent vape for 100$ now though. Strange how some just won't even bother trying.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Ive met plenty of people who use dry herb vapes, both before I knew about FC and through meeting up with FC members in real life, but I have yet to meet someone with worse VAS than me. Thank god my drawers are full, hopefully the vape I have coming today is the last one I buy in 2023 lol.

GoldenBud

Ive met plenty of people who use dry herb vapes, both before I knew about FC and through meeting up with FC members in real life, but I have yet to meet someone with worse VAS than me. Thank god my drawers are full, hopefully the vape I have coming today is the last one I buy in 2023 lol.
you're in the top of VAS people, with @bkkbob and some others for sure.... really having a lot of vapes....

Top Bottom