Ever eat a whole pumpkin pie?

arf777

No longer dogless
I am embarrassed to say, I have eaten the following pies whole at one sitting, at least one time for each, though it has been a while:

Dessert pies (usually with armagnac whipped cream):
pumpkin
sweet potato
chocolate chess
standard pecan
chocolate pecan
bourbon chocolate pecan
dumb pie
chocolate cream
cookies and cream
blueberry
custard

Savory:
Numerous varieties of pizza, including Sicilian, Margarita, crab and old bay, prosciutto with cream sauce, spinach alfredo, spinach ricotta, bacon and cream sauce
various quiches
escargot and cheese
herbed cheese and pork pie

And does a sheetpan of spanakopita count?

Shockingly, I am overweight:uhoh:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
What about some good ol fur pie???
IMG_0393.JPG

I am embarrassed to say, I have eaten the following pies whole at one sitting, at least one time for each, though it has been a while:

Dessert pies (usually with armagnac whipped cream):
pumpkin
sweet potato
chocolate chess
standard pecan
chocolate pecan
bourbon chocolate pecan
dumb pie
chocolate cream
cookies and cream
blueberry
custard

Savory:
Numerous varieties of pizza, including Sicilian, Margarita, crab and old bay, prosciutto with cream sauce, spinach alfredo, spinach ricotta, bacon and cream sauce
various quiches
escargot and cheese
herbed cheese and pork pie

And does a sheetpan of spanakopita count?

Shockingly, I am overweight:uhoh:
Damnit that made me as hungry as I get when I watch DDD! What is dumb pie? Also do you call the chocolate pecan, derby pie by chance, we put coconut shavings in it as well. But adding a little caramel and bourbon sounds like a plan now, thanks! Also what would be Thanos favorite pie?

commission__thanos_and_the_infinity_pie_by_connan_bell-d7ukjt4.jpg

arf777

No longer dogless
What about some good ol fur pie???
IMG_0393.JPG

Damnit that made me as hungry as I get when I watch DDD! What is dumb pie? Also do you call the chocolate pecan, derby pie by chance, we put coconut shavings in it as well. But adding a little caramel and bourbon sounds like a plan now, thanks! Also what would be Thanos favorite pie?

commission__thanos_and_the_infinity_pie_by_connan_bell-d7ukjt4.jpg

First Thanos (nice art!) I think he'd like meat pies- does not seem to be a sweets type of dude. Of course, I have the Infinity Gauntlet, so I could make him love the pies I love. But I'd think he might like a bacon- and ham- heavy quiche or a savory meat and cheese pie (like lamb, leek and chevre or veal, garlic and asiago). Those'd be both full of death and sophisticated. He is an overeducated upper class dude after all. I'm thinking if he had a favorite sweet pie, it'd be complicated, boozy, or both. Maybe an armagnac and pear creme caramel pie or a cognac and black currant pie. Or something most people wouldn't like, like a Pernod, quince and rhubarb pie (those do exist). Oh, and he'd want the pie crust made with lard, not butter. Formerly living things for the Great Nihilist wherever possible.

Dumb pie is what sweetened cream cheese in a graham cracker crust topped with fruit pie filling was called when I was a kid in NYC. It has other names elsewhere. Sometimes just called no-bake cream cheese pie. Here's a recipe- http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ay10t4g8/no-bake-cream-cheese-pie.html

Derby pie is similar to chocolate pecan pie. Couple differences - Derby pie is sometimes made with walnuts instead of pecans. And Derby pie is a Kentucky thing, while I acquired a taste for pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, and bourbon chocolate pecan pie while living in North Carolina. I'd contend the source of the pecans make a difference- I prefer NC or Georgia pecans. Lots pf pecan pie variants in the Carolinas. Another good one (though one i have never eaten a whole pie of in one sitting) is sweet potato & pecan pie. I personally am not a fan of coconut in my desserts (I like coconut savory, like in Thai curries) but I could see it maybe working in a chocolate pecan pie.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
First Thanos (nice art!) I think he'd like meat pies- does not seem to be a sweets type of dude. Of course, I have the Infinity Gauntlet, so I could make him love the pies I love. But I'd think he might like a bacon- and ham- heavy quiche or a savory meat and cheese pie (like lamb, leek and chevre or veal, garlic and asiago). Those'd be both full of death and sophisticated. He is an overeducated upper class dude after all. I'm thinking if he had a favorite sweet pie, it'd be complicated, boozy, or both. Maybe an armagnac and pear creme caramel pie or a cognac and black currant pie. Or something most people wouldn't like, like a Pernod, quince and rhubarb pie (those do exist). Oh, and he'd want the pie crust made with lard, not butter. Formerly living things for the Great Nihilist wherever possible.

Dumb pie is what sweetened cream cheese in a graham cracker crust topped with fruit pie filling was called when I was a kid in NYC. It has other names elsewhere. Sometimes just called no-bake cream cheese pie. Here's a recipe- http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ay10t4g8/no-bake-cream-cheese-pie.html

Derby pie is similar to chocolate pecan pie. Couple differences - Derby pie is sometimes made with walnuts instead of pecans. And Derby pie is a Kentucky thing, while I acquired a taste for pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, and bourbon chocolate pecan pie while living in North Carolina. I'd contend the source of the pecans make a difference- I prefer NC or Georgia pecans. Lots pf pecan pie variants in the Carolinas. Another good one (though one i have never eaten a whole pie of in one sitting) is sweet potato & pecan pie. I personally am not a fan of coconut in my desserts (I like coconut savory, like in Thai curries) but I could see it maybe working in a chocolate pecan pie.
Awesome answer, your so delightfully educated and slightly scary, great combo! Thanks for clearing up my dumb pie question and the great pecan debate! I guess it's obvious by the watermark that I didn't draw that, I'm no artist, though I did come in a close second in the, "be @EveryDayAmnesiac avatar modeling contest!"

lwien

No, but pints of ice cream is no problem.

LOVE pumpkin pie though. I've gone through a half in one sitting. Decades ago, I was able to polish off a whole Sara Lee Frozen Cheesecake in one sitting as well as a whole package of Goucho's.

Anyone try putting raisins and a bit of honey in a jar of peanut butter and eating it right out of the jar with a spoon?

djonkoman

I don't know if I've ever had pumpkin pie.
not such a big eater that I would eat a whole pie in one sitting, but I do regularly bake pies and then eat pie as midnightsnack, breakfast and any other time when I want pie, usually it's finished on day 3 I think. haven't made one for a while though, did buy apples for an apple pie about a week ago but never came around to actually making it, and only have 3 apples left now.

Top Bottom