EQ tube vapor?

vapeguy

As I posted in another thread I noticed at 480 degrees I kept getting tons of vapor (that's only visible in a dark room with a bright flashlight shined into it, but looks like a thick vapor this way) that had no effect at all.

Well yesterday I started taking apart my tubes from the elbows to clean them, so I ran the EQ at 500 to soften the tube to get it off the elbow. I of course did this with no herb at all in the EQ yet I got this very same vapor I got with finished herb.

I thought maybe it's residue from the filter so I remove the filter and still get this vapor. Then I remove the tube and the vapor stops immediately.

Is this plastic/vinyl vapor??? If so there are TONS of it and it's rather worrying. I doubt it's the resin or whatever because there's much more of it in the elbow itself than in the tube.

I'll have to buy a new tube at the hardware store and see if the new tube makes this vapor too.

This makes me strongly want to get a silicone tube.

Can anyone else test if they get "tube vapor" with and without a tube on the elbow?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
aab1 said:
As I posted in another thread I noticed at 480 degrees I kept getting tons of vapor (that's only visible in a dark room with a bright flashlight shined into it, but looks like a thick vapor this way) that had no effect at all.

Well yesterday I started taking apart my tubes from the elbows to clean them, so I ran the EQ at 500 to soften the tube to get it off the elbow. I of course did this with no herb at all in the EQ yet I got this very same vapor I got with finished herb.

I thought maybe it's residue from the filter so I remove the filter and still get this vapor. Then I remove the tube and the vapor stops immediately.

Is this plastic/vinyl vapor??? If so there are TONS of it and it's rather worrying. I doubt it's the resin or whatever because there's much more of it in the elbow itself than in the tube.

I'll have to buy a new tube at the hardware store and see if the new tube makes this vapor too.

Can anyone else test if they get "tube vapor" with and without a tube on the elbow?

Thanks

I do, and I don't think its "off gas" from the tubing, but your wand hash being vaped....I know when I'm dry, I sometimes crank the Q all the way up, and hit the short whip. Unless of course i just cleaned my whips, etc...

Heres a test you can do though to determine if the vapor being produced is from the tubbing or your wamd hash....try putting some tubing on the elbow that has been cleaned, or has not been used, and see if that does it....Obviously, no vapor from the clean tube, vs vapor from the tube with vapor buildup, would mean you have a non issue,. Bt if you find vapor coming out using the clean tube, then you may be on to something my friend.

Edited because my vaked ass replied directly inside of the above quote...

Purpl3_Haz3,

vapeguy

You put your reply inside the quote, it took me a while to figure it out and find it, please edit the post to make it proper.

The reason I didn't think it was the resin in the tube is because there was much more resin in the elbow, if that's what what vaping then it would have continued without the tube.

I've done tests and am just more confused:

These produce no "ghost vapor":
-Dirty elbow only
-Dirty elbow with filter installed
-Clean elbow only
-Clean elbow with filter installed
-Clean elbow with filter installed and dirty tube

These produce "ghost vapor":
-Dirty elbow only and dirty tube
-Dirty elbow only with filter and dirty tube

So now I'm lost again as too what was causing this ghost vapor.

vapeguy,

hereatlast

I think this is a really good idea. There is a legitimate concern, in my eyes at least (brought to my attention explicitly by others) about the stock tubing that comes with the Extreme (I'm not sure if they're still using the same exact tubing on the Q as what I received with my v.3). In any case, I completely support an upgrade in some form of silicone tubing...its a worthy investment in terms of ease of use (more flexible), taste and most importantly the added health security. All my :2c:

As for the tubing available at a hardware store, I'm not at all familiar in what kind of tubing most hardware stores stock...that said, I wouldn't place too much confidence in the safety specs. in what hardware stores provide personally. If its just to test the tubing for 'unwanted' vapor though I see the point.

Good luck.

hereatlast,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sorry bout the confusion above...if you do want to just replace your whip....I highly recommend visiting the whip tubing, all your questions answered thread. In that thread, among others, the following site is recommended; us plastic from this site, you'll want to choose #57298 (5/16" ID x 7/16" OD)

That being said, there are other places, and other whips, this is just one,,,,read the whip tubing thread for more.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom