Discontinued Element Hand-powered Pocket Vaporizer

Frickr

i know, this does solve alot of problems with portable vapes. im sure temp control would be pretty consistant, just find out how many pulls of the string to give you the best results.

Frickr,
Reactions: vapman

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
so it sounds like the heat is generated by the motion from the pull string, and then stored in a heat exchanger

it does seem like it could be hard to use, and possibly suspicious looking... im just wondering how much effort on the vaporists side does it take to generate the heat required

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Anyone speak German... or have 180 Euros to volunteer? :ninja:

Must be new... but then again we don't see much on the halogen powered Home Vaporizer by Element either. Thread bookmarked. :D

p.s. Hope you don't mind I changed the thread title. :)

vtac,

Frickr

kind of looks like a modified pd in a way. i think this with a pd would be a good combination. the pd's little sister?

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think if this is the real deal, it could definately come to fill the portable vape slot in my lineup

it must be new if theyre still working on an english manual, nut when that is done im reading every word of it :o

Acolyte of Zinglon,

bongoman

It's made by the Swiss crew who make the Vapman and the Home Vaporiser, both of which are in my possession.

I'm pretty certain it's not being made these days and that it's old stock on the pollinator site. I think that the Vapman is now their main portable model.

max

Out to lunch
Well, they may not make 'em anymore, but it looks like they've got some to sell-

"Thank you very much for the order. We will contact you as soon as possible with the total for your order including the shipping cost and payment options available for your area."

I will be disappointing them with a 'No thanks' when they contact me. I wanted to see what the total with shipping was, but their site doesn't work that well. I'm certainly not going to pay $232 plus shipping. :/

Just guessing, I'd say it's discontinued due to the high price and the work involved to produce the necessary heat.

max,

vay-purr

Hi folks,

Has anyone got or tried the Pocket Element Manual Handheld Vaporizer?
Its at this page -
http://pollinator.nl/ Click on smokers accessories, then vaporizers.
(I cant seem to put a direct link for some reason).
It looks like a cool idea, if a bit time consuming. But for travelling i figure itd be great.

Vay-purr

vay-purr,

josh

Looks interesting. Says it is handcrafted in Switzerland and uses of the principle of friction to gain temperature. Wish I could read the owners manual. Anyone understand German?

josh,

Plasmah

I love seeing new Vaporizer concepts.
It's very interesting to see what people come up with. Very cool concept!

Plasmah,

Purple-Days

It is really intrigue... interesting. :o I would like to have this for the back woods.

I guess the problem I see, and it may be no problem at all, is friction causes wear. friction = wear ... something like a spring load on a motor brush takes care of this. But how do these guys account for wear on a friction based heating system? Man, I think the Swiss are tops at engineering small stuff. How did they do this? Did it work? And does it last, or have replaceable friction parts etc.

Purple-Days,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I would think that this would work similar to the wind up flashlights or radios. I cant get to the site to look at the unit more closely but I'm guessing that spinning the units charges a capacitor and then the charge is released similar to the aa battery on the launch box

Outkasted

Bone with the wind!
I like the idea a lot, I didn't see any kind of heat indicator on the unit, a small external thermometer would be friggin sweezy. I would like something like this for snowboarding.

Outkasted,

guardian

i emailed the vapman company and rene says they invented the "human powered" vaporizers and still have the means to produce large quanitites if any retailers were interested in selling them or somthing, seeing the devices manuel was cool but i couldnt read german either , though they are still availible to generally anyone who wants one the vapman powered by a jetlighter he claimed was more suited for public use etc and the friction powered element was for the lonely island type situation where theres no availible gas or electricity :) mayby a demonstration video on youtube might gain more intrest in these element friction vapes i forgot to mention that in my email though :| all in all looks like a fun product to try one of these days for me, $230 usd is alot to some but hey the volcano still stands its ground at $400-$700 with accessories :2c:

guardian,

Budz Bunny

guardian said:
mayby a demonstration video on youtube might gain more intrest in these element friction vapes i forgot to mention that in my email though
That is a great idea. You should shoot them an e-mail.

Budz Bunny,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
element-pocket- sport vaporizer / powered by your muscles (merged)

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/element-pocket-vaporizer.html
Anyone heard of this one :) ... First vaporizer i see that is powered by the power of our body :)./
Any guesses of durability and heating speed , chamber size, efficiency. 200 euro is a bit pricey but if it never gonna need battery :D thats the best end of the world vape.

Abysmal Vapor,

guardian

i wonder if there making them again, i emailed mr vapman and he said they were focusing on making the vapman portable lighter and more cost effective etc. and werent doing the friction vape, it could be old stock on the site they seem to have only have been stocked in shops located in europe. i personally would have like to have seen the idea go further but for the price many people just want the cheapest "working" vape they can find they dont sppreciate something this awsome :ko: but it need replacement parts string and the wood piece that spins... edit: in the second pic on the site the piece of wood on a spring that looks scorched thats what rubs against the metal heating chamber, and the smal brown string get wear and tear over time , but that basically it i belive, if u needed more info email mr vapman from vapman.com

guardian,
Top Bottom