Edibles Dosing Question

Thefalkon

Hey, everyone! This weekend I took a gummy for the first time after not smoking for a few years. I took a 5mg dose on a full stomach to start and, after feeling mild effects, took the second 5mg dose 90 minutes later. I had a pretty relaxing, calming high after that for an hour or two, but nothing crazy. (I’m trying to gauge where I was at based on previous experiences, and felt somewhere around a 6/10. The effects peaked around 2.5 hours in and it was hard to tell if that was just from the first dose or both combined.)

For the next time that I take the gummies, should I start at 10mg or go up to 15mg? I was having trouble figuring out what a good starting point would be if I wanted to feel more effects without overdoing it. Both me and my girlfriend came into the experience with no tolerance and experienced similar effects.

Thank you for any advice that anyone can provide 😁 I used to love visiting here when I first got into vaping!

Thefalkon,
Reactions: shredder

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Only you can guage the right dose for you. We're all different, shucks somedays my tolerance is different than others. Just go slow, increase increments by 5 to 10mg until you find your sweet spot. 10mg is usually the accepted dose for recreational use when starting out with edibles. I keep CBD edibles or a spray on hand for the times when I miscalculate and make myself uncomfortable.

shredder

Only you can guage the right dose for you. We're all different, shucks somedays my tolerance is different than others. Just go slow, increase increments by 5 to 10mg until you find your sweet spot. 10mg is usually the accepted dose for recreational use when starting out with edibles. I keep CBD edibles or a spray on hand for the times when I miscalculate and make myself uncomfortable.

To add to this reply, in my experience dispensary edible doses for the most part are not all that accurate, or consistant. So i would not judge my tolerance based on one pack of gummies.

Thefalkon

Thank you! Sound like a dumb question, but I’m having a hard time figuring out if starting at 10 would just be the same as doing 5 & 5 last time. Would it? I know everyone reacts differently and edibles are inconsistent, so it’s tough to say. (I’d be OK going to 15 if that’s the case, or I could just start at 10 again this time to account for that.)

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate it!

Thefalkon,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom