edible-feel, but faster acting (tincture vs lil-puffs)

FL_treehug

Hi!
I prefer the gentle & long duration of edibles to help me keep anxiety at bay -- and just love the even-flow of ingested cannabis. That said, sometimes I want a faster effect.

I'm considering tincture -- will grab a (hybrid) vape pen...
And would love some advice on how to keep my "work-mind" and get a faster relief...

Tiny tokes on the vape?
100% Indica vape?
Is there different vape media that is more low-slow-long?

Finally,
I've been looking up about making tincture -- leaning toward grain alcohol as my base.

Peace-out

Last edited:
FL_treehug,
Reactions: asdf420

Mr. Whitewall

Hi!

Welcome to the forum. Just takes a little patience to find what you need, the more info you give the more other people will be able to relate and give advice.

First of all, have you considered dosing with CBD instead? Better some that has been extracted from (psychoactive) Cannabis, not Hemp.

Secondly, your "working mind" won't necessarily "leave" you, it's the benefit over alcohol, opioids and other substances.
Micro-dosing (tiny tokes as you say :)) will probably be the second best option in your case IMO.
Tincture may be too strong? :2c:

Regarding vapes... Well yes, they all vape... :p
Finding a suitable device to you is dependent on your habits, etc. IF you think hitting a few times and leaving it for later is your thing, then maybe convection based models may be your best option.
They aren't all the same either. They have different power/autonomy characteristics to take in account, like all portables.

That being said, you'll probably find good answers too hitting the "search" button and reading previous posts/threads about the subject.

Mr. Whitewall,

MinnBobber

I prefer the gentle & long duration of edibles to help me keep anxiety at bay -- and just love the even-flow of ingested cannabis. That said, sometimes I want a faster effect.
...........................................................................................
Do you have access to gummies, either CBD for no high or full spectrum with THC and CBD?
Gummies that are eaten take some time to kick in, like all edibles.

I had some gummies that were fairly hard, didn't chew easily so I decided to suck on them under my tongue to help them dissolve. Lo and behold, 10 or 15 minutes later I'm thinking-----my feet and shoulder etc are not hurting anymore.

I do some searching and under the tongue (sublingual) is known to greatly decrease the time to get effects from meds.
You can do this with tinctures but they have a nastier taste than gummies.

It gives the effects of edibles but much faster onset

C No Ego

...........................................................................................
Do you have access to gummies, either CBD for no high or full spectrum with THC and CBD?
Gummies that are eaten take some time to kick in, like all edibles.

I had some gummies that were fairly hard, didn't chew easily so I decided to suck on them under my tongue to help them dissolve. Lo and behold, 10 or 15 minutes later I'm thinking-----my feet and shoulder etc are not hurting anymore.

I do some searching and under the tongue (sublingual) is known to greatly decrease the time to get effects from meds.
You can do this with tinctures but they have a nastier taste than gummies.

It gives the effects of edibles but much faster onset
Bile acids are the first form of metabolism the cannabinoids take with sublingual ingestion.
@FL_treehug decarboxylated tincture acts like an ROS ( reactive oxygen species)with effects like vaping or smoking provides. it is a sudden dose spike that teeters soon after. edibles via 11 Hydroxy will be much more longer duration while the liver converts THC over to 11 hydroxy... that time of liver metabolism shows the delay of effects and the duration once achieved

C No Ego,
Top Bottom