East coast terpenes 710 pure dissolving writing on coil in sub ohm tank

So, after discovering how much I enjoy mixing my own vapeables I got some flavorless, odorless terpenes to use as liquidizer for the concentrates and everything was going great until I noticed that even a couple drops in a few mls has the effect of dissolving any writing on the gt ccell2 coils I use with my big baby light edition....it did the same in an aspire tank as well. I know vaping metal paint, no matter the actual content of said paint is not good... but how much damage am I doing here ? I can post pics if it'll help for ya to see exactly what I mean

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,

Farid

Nobody here has any way to quantify the damage done. Regardless, the solution will be the same: stop using it.

Farid,
Nobody here has any way to quantify the damage done. Regardless, the solution will be the same: stop using it.
Perhaps I should clarify what I'm trying to establish here: what chemical dyes or pigments could be used here (to mark the coils) in conjunction with whatever binds and sticks aforementioned dye/pigment to the SS the coil is made out of and is there any known info about long term terpene consumption? Is there no basic info on any of this, anywhere?

Also, do I need to worry at all, considering? Is there a preferred product to turn concentrated into vapeable liquid that has known ingredients that are safe?

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,

Farid

That is a question for the manufacturer, and regardless of their answer I certainly wouldn't want to inhale it.

Do you need to worry? I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I certainly wouldn't continue to use the product.

As for whether there is a preferred liquidizer, I would read up on the EVALI outbreak a couple years ago, and some of the speculation about "terpene" liquidizer being a culprit. I would avoid any liquidizer and just use a tested and regulated cart, a regular dab pen, or vape flower.

Farid,

florduh

I got some flavorless, odorless terpenes

I'd stop using that for sure.

What are you using as your starting material? If you're using something terpy like live resin badder or live rosin, there is no need to add exogenous terpenes. It's already terpy enough. Just lightly decarb to break up enough of those THCA crystals and you should be good to go.

florduh,
I'd stop using that for sure.

What are you using as your starting material? If you're using something terpy like live resin badder or live rosin, there is no need to add exogenous terpenes. It's already terpy enough. Just lightly decarb to break up enough of those THCA crystals and you should be good to go.

So, I picked up the liquidizer to help thin out some CAT-3 D9 distillate I picked up, which was excellent product. But I think I'm running into trouble with the badder/sauce I grabbed as now that I think about it, it's probably all the natural solvent action of the terps from the concentrate and the botanically derived one in the liquidizer mixing together. The badder is over terped, I was forced to let it sugar up just to be able to consume a little and the pungency is just overpowering still.

Instantly reminded me of the time my friends whipped up a batch of carts and accidentally either left the heat on the magnetic stirrer to high/long leading to burnt tasting terps or they over did the ratio. Nice liberty v9 carts and everything too. Anyhow, I suspect I may have been sent some bootleg product. Price was a little too good to be true but I actually think the liquidizer is something along the lines of Beta elemene or Beta bisabolene or Alpha bisabolol. Natural enough products, despite little known about their relative effects upon ones health. I'll need to do some more homework but I think I know what's going on here. And thanks for taking the time to respond gentlemen, I greatly appreciate it.

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,
That is a question for the manufacturer, and regardless of their answer I certainly wouldn't want to inhale it.

Do you need to worry? I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I certainly wouldn't continue to use the product.

As for whether there is a preferred liquidizer, I would read up on the EVALI outbreak a couple years ago, and some of the speculation about "terpene" liquidizer being a culprit. I would avoid any liquidizer and just use a tested and regulated cart, a regular dab pen, or vape flower.
I was under the impression that vitamin E acetate was the main culprit in EVALI a few years back, not anything to do with terps, to my knowledge...

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,

florduh

So, I picked up the liquidizer to help thin out some CAT-3 D9 distillate I picked up, which was excellent product. But I think I'm running into trouble with the badder/sauce I grabbed as now that I think about it, it's probably all the natural solvent action of the terps from the concentrate and the botanically derived one in the liquidizer mixing together. The badder is over terped, I was forced to let it sugar up just to be able to consume a little and the pungency is just overpowering still.

Instantly reminded me of the time my friends whipped up a batch of carts and accidentally either left the heat on the magnetic stirrer to high/long leading to burnt tasting terps or they over did the ratio. Nice liberty v9 carts and everything too. Anyhow, I suspect I may have been sent some bootleg product. Price was a little too good to be true but I actually think the liquidizer is something along the lines of Beta elemene or Beta bisabolene or Alpha bisabolol. Natural enough products, despite little known about their relative effects upon ones health. I'll need to do some more homework but I think I know what's going on here. And thanks for taking the time to respond gentlemen, I greatly appreciate it.

Did you decarb the batter at all? Lightly decarbing the badder should break up enough of the THCA crystals to work in a cart, especially if you're diluting with disty. What ratio are you trying for here?

I don't think you need any added terps for what you're trying to do.

florduh,
I'm sorry, I'm not adding the terps for flavor. Its merely to help break down the concentrate and yes, I do decarb lightly. I thinks it's all the terpenes in both the concentrate as well as the liquidizer (which uses botanically derived, odorless, flavorless terpenes to do what PG/VG used to do, but has little to no discernable smell or taste) which is mixing together and forming a pretty strong solvent which is what I suspect is eating away at the coil markings. Does that make sense?

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,

florduh

I'm sorry, I'm not adding the terps for flavor. Its merely to help break down the concentrate and yes, I do decarb lightly. I thinks it's all the terpenes in both the concentrate as well as the liquidizer (which uses botanically derived, odorless, flavorless terpenes to do what PG/VG used to do, but has little to no discernable smell or taste) which is mixing together and forming a pretty strong solvent which is what I suspect is eating away at the coil markings. Does that make sense?

It makes sense. I think you have too many additives here. Carts can handle totally un-terps disty. It just takes a lot of heat to get the stuff into the carts. If I wanted to make this work, I'd just lightly decarb the baddr, then mix it with the disty at a 50/50 ratio under heat. If that sort of mix crashes, go to 60/40 disty to badder.

Farid

I was under the impression that vitamin E acetate was the main culprit in EVALI a few years back, not anything to do with terps, to my knowledge...

Yes vitamin E acetate was the suspected culprit, but there were accusations that some terpene companies were using it - I believe true terpenes was caught up in this. They've since said that this was a hit job by competitors, and that the samples with vitamin E acetate were counterfeit, but that whole thing made a lot of people very hesitant to use.

For me, I wouldn't use any terpenes that weren't from a source that I could trust. These companies have been involved in so much mud slinging at eachother that I just wouldn't risk my life based on their safety claims.

Farid,
It makes sense. I think you have too many additives here. Carts can handle totally un-terps disty. It just takes a lot of heat to get the stuff into the carts. If I wanted to make this work, I'd just lightly decarb the baddr, then mix it with the disty at a 50/50 ratio under heat. If that sort of mix crashes, go to 60/40 disty to badder.
I finally used up the last bit of badder I had and will be ordering more disty here soon, maybe live resin in the meantime while i wait...ya, normal 510 carts, whether ccells or liberty's or what have you left me unsatisfied. I have significant chronic pain issues (first diskectomy at 28, doesnt help that I work construction...) so I was literally burning those fuckers up and goin through em like wildfire. Why I'm doing all this with the liquidizer is because I wanted to be able to rip disty like salt nicotine in a sub ohm tank. And I did, It was awesome. Didnt have nearly the problems with the disty that i had with the badder, so I'm assuming it was product specific or at least due to two things being mixed that just became too concentrated for s pl me of the parts involved. For the record, I'm using vaporesso GT ccell2 coils, which I have read are top quality with respect to materials and QC. I can't deny their usefulness and lack of flavor degradation over time. Just didnt expect my mix to turn it black and eat away at the writing on em...lol

Sub-ohmcannaclouds,

badbee

Is this ink on the inside of the tank or the outside? If it's the outside I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of terpenes have useful solvent properties, that's why you find so many orange and pine cleaners. The oil from orange skins can break down polystyrene plastic for example.

badbee,
Top Bottom