Early harvest?

Lemming

Hi,
i have a Lotus on the way but don't yet have anything to try it with :\
For the members out there with growing experience, i have a couple of autos that started flowering about 10 days ago and are 38 days from sprouting at the moment.
The bud sites are obviously not fat and there is not any frost visible, all hairs are white.
I know it's obviously very early, yet would i enjoy at least some flavor by cutting a couple of the lower buds, drying them and using them to try the Lotus or would it just be a waste and disappointment? I'm not looking to get hammered, not now nor in general.
Thanks for the suggestions,
Lemming

Lemming,

cvs8floz

I was in a similar situation when I first started growing, no material in hand and only young plants growing, I fondly remember the first time I got a high off my own plants, it was such a relief! As soon as a plant starts smelling, you can selectively collect and dry leaves, the closer the leaves are to the top, the more THC they contain. Consuming this early material will give you a short, light high, but it is much better than nothing. If you have access to other material while your plants finish, I would say wait, if not, try drying some leaves and early buds to see what they do for you, you are not going to hurt the plant, just don't take too much.

cvs8floz,

Lemming

Ok, i'll try to exercise my patience!
The few times i grew plants before i never rushed it; yet there are those last weeks in which it will be more advanced than now, frosty with brown hairs but not quite there yet for harvest... I might get one or two small buds off by then, so at least i can start practicing with the torch and Lotus.
Thanks,
Lemming

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
You should do some research into how to tell when it's ready. We can't talk about growing here but if you're looking at the colour of the pistils ("hairs") your doing it wrong.

Top Bottom