• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

GetLeft

Some good quality rosin. I’ve tried the POTV One pads before, but want to revisit them and try to really dial them in as a viable option for concentrates.
The other day I pulled out my concentrate gong (stuffed with ss wool) and got a bucket load of reclaim that had dripped down and coated the lower portion of the gong. I'm not super experienced with concentrates but I think as fine as the nano has worked for me with them, I'll be looking into a more specialized concentrate device one day soon.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The other day I pulled out my concentrate gong (stuffed with ss wool) and got a bucket load of reclaim that had dripped down and coated the lower portion of the gong. I'm not super experienced with concentrates but I think as fine as the nano has worked for me with them, I'll be looking into a more specialized concentrate device one day soon.
Yeah I have a couple of dedicated devices, but it’s just so quick and easy to pop that concentrate gong on and do a few quick rips. I have some small samples of organic japanese cotton and some cellucotton on the way to try as well, want to compare flavor or those next to the POTV One pads.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: Magic9

howie105

lapus-nano.jpg

Gold and Sold.
One and Done?
So how big of a pain is this to do, and would you consider doing another one?

Yeah I have a couple of dedicated devices, but it’s just so quick and easy to pop that concentrate gong on and do a few quick rips. I have some small samples of organic japanese cotton and some cellucotton on the way to try as well, want to compare flavor or those next to the POTV One pads.
I have some POTV pads. I don’t like them as much as cotton. The pads taste worse to me (could be user error tbf) and they just get nasty with reclaim. So I haven’t spent the time to dial it in.

My cotton method is to set the enano to 8.5 to 9, scoop up a lil dab, fold it into a small chunk of cotton squish it a little for surface area, and vacuum suck it into the stem/wpa. After a couple tasty hits I pull the cotton out and stretch it (knead) for more surface area, vacuum it up again and take some more hits.

I had to learn bc in CO good rosin is cheaper and easier to find than good flower.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Will most j-hooks fit the nano? Do you connect them to the stock stem or directly to the nano? If so, do you need to buy bigger basket screens?
Hello!
Most J Hooks take either a 14mm or an 18mm. So you would treat it like it was a water pipe, and just get either an 18mm WPA or 14mm WPA depending on the J Hook.

My J Hook is an 18mm Female, so I would just get the 18mm water adapter, put that in my J Hook, then the Nano on that.

I have some POTV pads. I don’t like them as much as cotton. The pads taste worse to me (could be user error tbf) and they just get nasty with reclaim. So I haven’t spent the time to dial it in.

My cotton method is to set the enano to 8.5 to 9, scoop up a lil dab, fold it into a small chunk of cotton squish it a little for surface area, and vacuum suck it into the stem/wpa. After a couple tasty hits I pull the cotton out and stretch it (knead) for more surface area, vacuum it up again and take some more hits.

I had to learn bc in CO good rosin is cheaper and easier to find than good flower.
Is it OK to use regular cotton balls? Or do I need special cotton? Thanks in advance

howie105

Is it OK to use regular cotton balls? Or do I need special cotton? ... Depends on the cotton ball, cosmetic, laboratory and industrial ones are all different. My preference is for degummed hemp fiber (DIY or commercial) produced specifically for the purpose, it departs less taste to the hit.

Is it OK to use regular cotton balls? Or do I need special cotton? ... Depends on the cotton ball, cosmetic, laboratory and industrial ones are all different. My preference is for degummed hemp fiber (DIY or commercial) produced specifically for the purpose, it departs less taste to the hit.
Thanks for the info I have a peak and regular rigs but would be so much easier to throw a dab in e nano or buddha. Thanks for the info

Comfortably Numb

same here...I get a taste from the cotton I dont care for...

Comfortably Numb,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Is it OK to use regular cotton balls? Or do I need special cotton? Thanks in advance
Nice low cost sampler pack from TRWW, two types to try for $3 to see if they suit you before buying larger supply. For me so far (just started experimenting recently) the cellucotton does not impart any taste at all, need to try the Japanese organic soon.

MrSpicoli

Hello!
Most J Hooks take either a 14mm or an 18mm. So you would treat it like it was a water pipe, and just get either an 18mm WPA or 14mm WPA depending on the J Hook.

My J Hook is an 18mm Female, so I would just get the 18mm water adapter, put that in my J Hook, then the Nano on that.

So you're saying, for example, the Elev8 hook won't connect to the nano without a WPA?

MrSpicoli,
Reactions: BigJr48

MrSpicoli

J-hooks generally have either 14mm or 18mm joints. The e-nano heater is smaller and requires a WPA to attach. Figure out what sized j-hook you want, then buy the corresponding WPA to fit the hook.
Just to make it clearer...if I got the 14mm Sherlock...I would have to get this as well? Not sure about all the male-female stuff. The Sherlock hook is female too. It's a little confusing...I was under the impression that you could just connect the hook directly to the nano...

MrSpicoli,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just to make it clearer...if I got the 14mm Sherlock...I would have to get this as well? Not sure about all the male-female stuff. The Sherlock hook is female too. It's a little confusing...I was under the impression that you could just connect the hook directly to the nano...

Go to the Epic site and look at their SonG and GonG adapters, you need one of those to connect your E-nano to the j-hook. Keep this simple and enjoy. The different connectors are called male and female for the ability to mate to one another, once you know one then you know what other one you need. Starting to wonder if you’re being serious here or pulling our collective weinies (that would be male 😬).

CanikUser19,

TeaCup

Hey man! So I don't have an E-Nano, or any log for that matter........not even sure how I ended up in this thread to be honest, lol...........but I used to have the hardest time with all these male/female adapters and such. But after awhile I realized what I was making confusing was actually insanely simple when you think about it.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

Ok, soooooooo, just think of the human anatomy and how it could pertain to these adapters. In the link, the bottom portion is basically a straight tube........like a male anatomy. And the top female portion has the opening that a male side can slide into. Sorry to be so gutterish, but that's what helped me finally figure it out, lol.

Edit: Or you can just do what CanikUser says and call it a day! But if this helps you figure it out then that's cool too!

MrSpicoli

Go to the Epic site and look at their SonG and GonG adapters, you need one of those to connect your E-nano to the j-hook. Keep this simple and enjoy. The different connectors are called male and female for the ability to mate to one another, once you know one then you know what other one you need. Starting to wonder if you’re being serious here or pulling our collective weinies (that would be male 😬).

Epic's site is broken for the time being. It brings up an age verification prompt and once you submit your info, the loading indicator keeps going around and around. I can't access any page.

As for the male-female thing, TeaCup just explained it best, and provided a link to what looks like a cheap WPA.

I also asked before if the Elev8 14mm hook could simply fit onto Epic's 5in stem that comes with the nano...which if possible would eliminate the need for a WPA.

MrSpicoli,

TeaCup

Epic's site is broken for the time being. It brings up an age verification prompt and once you submit your info, the loading indicator keeps going around and around. I can't access any page.

As for the male-female thing, TeaCup just explained it best, and provided a link to what looks like a cheap WPA.

I also asked before if the Elev8 14mm hook could simply fit onto Epic's 5in stem that comes with the nano...which if possible would eliminate the need for a WPA.

No, the link was just for the explanation, it was not the piece you need!!! I shoulda just linked a Playboy magazine, lol.

Edit: Sorry, rest of the evening I'm gonna be busy, but if you still need help tomorrow I'll get you squared away.

Last edited:

MrSpicoli

No, the link was just for the explanation, it was not the piece you need!!! I shoulda just linked a Playboy magazine, lol.

Edit: Sorry, rest of the evening I'm gonna be busy, but if you still need help tomorrow I'll get you squared away.

What's wrong with that piece? I assumed it would fit a 14mm hook and the nano. Do you know if any of the hooks can fit the 5 in stem?

MrSpicoli,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
What's wrong with that piece? I assumed it would fit a 14mm hook and the nano. Do you know if any of the hooks can fit the 5 in stem?
The problem is that the piece Teacup showed you WILL NOT fit the e-nano heater cartridge/stem. He was simply trying to help you understand the difference between the male/female ends on glass, and used the pic of that adapter as an example for you. I took a closer look at my e-nano stems. They are thick walled, so too big to fit my 14mm j-hooks natively, and too small to fit my 18mm j-hooks natively. The SonG, GonG options that Epic sells specifically connect the e-nano to j-hooks and water pieces with 14mm or 18/19mm female joints. And the dedicated WPA are shorter and easier to use to connect your e-nano to a j-hook, helps reduce stress that can lead to breakage to these fragile glass pieces. If this does not convince you to give the Epic WPA a try, there’s a dedicated j-hook thread on here you can check out for more help. Good luck man.

TeaCup

What's wrong with that piece?

Hey man. A male end can ONLY go into a female end. Please take another look at the picture of the adapter I linked in Ebay. Visualize two female ends and ask yourself how could they fit together, they're exactly the same as one another. DM me if you need help. Don't get all frustrated and give up, it's not hard once you commit to it and understand it.

Be like Dorothy.
Wizard Of Oz Dorothy GIF
Male can only go in a female. Male can only go in a female. Male can only go in a female! ;)

MrSpicoli

The problem is that the piece Teacup showed you WILL NOT fit the e-nano heater cartridge/stem. He was simply trying to help you understand the difference between the male/female ends on glass, and used the pic of that adapter as an example for you. I took a closer look at my e-nano stems. They are thick walled, so too big to fit my 14mm j-hooks natively, and too small to fit my 18mm j-hooks natively. The SonG, GonG options that Epic sells specifically connect the e-nano to j-hooks and water pieces with 14mm or 18/19mm female joints. And the dedicated WPA are shorter and easier to use to connect your e-nano to a j-hook, helps reduce stress that can lead to breakage to these fragile glass pieces. If this does not convince you to give the Epic WPA a try, there’s a dedicated j-hook thread on here you can check out for more help. Good luck man.

Okay, I will take a look at the Epic WPAs. Looks like the 14mm GonG is out of stock right now...guess I'll have to wait. Which do you prefer, the SonG or GonG? I've never used silicone pieces.

Last edited:
MrSpicoli,
Top Bottom