• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

bigmike

My wife was smelling burning plastic in the house. She traced it to my enano. She turned it off. I told her she was crazy. When I turned it on and let it heat soak...she was right. I see nothing on the heating element or screen. I was looking at epicvape's web site and see the have issues getting emails and ask for texts but want an order number. I bought mine used 2 years ago. Should I email Nadia directly?

bigmike,

howie105

My wife was smelling burning plastic in the house. She traced it to my enano. She turned it off. I told her she was crazy. When I turned it on and let it heat soak...she was right. I see nothing on the heating element or screen. I was looking at epicvape's web site and see the have issues getting emails and ask for texts but want an order number. I bought mine used 2 years ago. Should I email Nadia directly?
Hello Guy
Best to try as many ways as you can including phone calls (866)898-0512, communication is not their best game. Also if you are handy the vapes wiring is very simple so self repair may be a possibility. One last thing, give the heater control a sniff they will on occasion give up the ghost too.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Did you check the wall outlet? Sometimes, those can overheat and start to burn.

If it's the actual E-Nano, I'd be curious to find out which part is causing it.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Summer

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Hi big Mike. The only piece of plastic in the Nano is the AC plug itself. I have never heard of one heating up to the point of smelling and really don't know how it would be possible as it is isolated from the heating element. Are you located overseas? If so make sure you are using a 220v-120v step down transformer. If you want me to look at it, send it in. Contact customerservice@epicvape.com

@BabyFacedFinster - Thank you for the response. I decided to pick up some 'medical style' rubber tubing to add to my stems to convert them into whips after all. I added about 18 inches of tubing, and this has completely resolved the heat issue when vaping salvia, and made it much easier to just hold the log in my hand upside down like I've always done with my box vape. (The salvinorin-a in salvia needs a pretty hot temp to be activated, and I try to get everything out in one long inhalation, so for this particular usage I probably need to keep the herb pretty close to the heating element.

Now that I've done this, I sort of wish I'd just bought the standard stem instead of the long one, since I don't need the extra glass length...but maybe I'll pick one up later.

The only other 'issue' to resolve at the moment is that the Black Friday kit I bought came with the upgraded cord which has the dial in the wooden box. I thought this would be great, but didn't realize how close the dial box is to the log. So when I pick up the log for use, the dial box is also picked up and is kind of unwieldy, heavy and annoying. Maybe the standard cord would be better in this regard?

I've considered attaching the dial box to the bottom of the log with velcro so that it's just one piece of hardware to pick up and hold, but not sure I want to put an adhesive velcro patches on either.. Also, when I tested it by just holding them together, I found it easy to accidentally move the dial. Any suggestions for this, or could anyone clarify if using the older style cord would be better for this method of use?

Thanks!
You could use a wide rubber band to keep the Box attached to the Nano and cover the dial at the same time so it doesn't move. Or we could discuss making you a custom box with a longer cord.

ACE

Okla68

Had my Maple Burl Nano for almost 2 years. Its spent 90% of its life TURNED "ON", ready to use, set at 6.8 on the dial. Never have I detected any type of Odor from it !
If I could only have One vape to choose from, it would be the Nano(as long as electricity was available) !

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
The only other 'issue' to resolve at the moment is that the Black Friday kit I bought came with the upgraded cord which has the dial in the wooden box. I thought this would be great, but didn't realize how close the dial box is to the log. So when I pick up the log for use, the dial box is also picked up and is kind of unwieldy, heavy and annoying. Maybe the standard cord would be better in this regard?

I've considered attaching the dial box to the bottom of the log with velcro so that it's just one piece of hardware to pick up and hold, but not sure I want to put an adhesive velcro patches on either.. Also, when I tested it by just holding them together, I found it easy to accidentally move the dial. Any suggestions for this, or could anyone clarify if using the older style cord would be better for this method of use?

Thanks!
Yeah, I have the box controller, it's got a great aesthetic but yes the cord between it and the nano is short.

My fix has been to plug the e-nano into an extension cord. I keep the box controller sitting on my side table or on my thigh, so it doesn't move when I move the nano.

Looking forward to possibly acquiring some SD this month. Last month I tried some San Pedro tea for the first time, and I used my e nano to vape some dmt during the trip. Worked like a charm.

kartingpilot

@Philabrookla - Good to know it works for n,n-DMT as well - what dial setting did you use for it?

I have also added an extension cord and that does help - and I do the same thing, just put the dial on my lap.

I tried ACE's suggestion above to mate the dial and log with a rubber band, but that's still kind of awkward. It's nice to know they could potentially make custom cords with the box located further from the log though :-)

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
@kartingpilot

Im enjoying the ease with which we can discuss vaping different herbs on this thread. Log vape crowd is great 😎 and at least in the US we are seeing a general easing of restrictions on traditional plants.

I was using 7.25 on the dial, because that is as hot as my log can really go without worrying about combusting. It worked great but more research is definitely warranted (there is an ongoing thread re. the internal temp of log vapes).

I sprinkled a bit on a bed of half-vaped cbd flower.

I hadn't blasted off in a long while because I was drinking daily, and now that I've been sober from alcohol for a few months I wanted to reward myself with DMT during my SP experience 🙏

It wasn't a blast-off dose, but I am sure the e-nano could pack that punch if one had a fairly pure extract on top of degummed hemp fiber or something like that. I am pretty much over higher doses of anything psychedelic myself as well. Lots of Salvia in my teenage years, seen the time knife enough times😅. Lower doses of the plant medicines are proving therapeutic for me though, that's for sure. And the enano is certainly the most aesthetically pleasing and efficient way I have found to vaporize in general.

Anyway, it is absolutely awesome that our friends at Epic are willing to adjust the cord length on a custom basis. I love dealing with small businesses!

kartingpilot

@Philabrookla

Thanks for the info on the dmt temp setting. I'm sure it will be helpful :-)

'Time Knife' - :lol: (I loved that show)

Agreed on the therapeutic value of lower doses of psychedelics. After a few years of high-dose everything, I realized lower doses were generally more useful long-term. Except maybe 5-meo-DMT...I haven't got much out of the non-release doses of that one yet. But I can only do that one once or twice a year at most...

I tried Ace's suggestion to rubber band the dial to the log again last night, and after I tied all the cords together and out of the way, it wasn't too bad of an option. I find my log gets pretty hot - at least when sitting at 8 for long periods of time, and I was able to hold onto the dial box, which wasn't as hot, pretty comfortably.

maremaresing

Once I discovered the Fixed Glass Screen/Borisilicate glass bead filled "Ice Stem", Ive never looked back at a clogging, moving, wire basket stem since. Once you get your temp settings and load size down, the Consistency of each Smoorh Draw is Always on Mark !
Between this stem and this Log will get you anywhere you want to go. From Medicated to Medthefukup !
View attachment 4784

Can you give more use feedback on this? Glass balls in the airpath always freaked me out on the thought that I'd inhale them. It's unfounded I know. Based on my knowledge that it doesn't take a lot of glass to cool vapor, how good is this really? Do the balls rattle around too much? Is it like taking a "dry hit" from a waterpipe/big jhook?

The enano is a tiny vape that does big work, and a tiny glass stem that does big glass work is temping. I have so many cool new vapes that I shouldn't be tempted by this, but the enano is one of those vapes I want to keep forever, you know?

I've had the enano for over 3 years and it's still so charming.

howie105

Glass balls in the airpath always freaked me out on the thought that I'd inhale them.....Not likely unless you are pulling from the wrong end of the stem with a wire basket. You are much more likely to shoot the screen and glass balls across the room when shakeing the water out of the stem after a cleaning. Not that I would ever do something that stupid.

Based on my knowledge that it doesn't take a lot of glass to cool vapor, how good is this really?.....Its a preference thing. I tried a beta stem and bought a release version but I am still using the stock adjustable screen stem. On the other hand I have talked to some big fans and they swear by ice stems especially if the are kept cold in a refrigerator or freezer. Whatever keeps folks happy.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Glass balls in the airpath always freaked me out on the thought that I'd inhale them.....Not likely unless you are pulling from the wrong end of the stem with a wire basket. You are much more likely to shoot the screen and glass balls across the room when shakeing the water out of the stem after a cleaning. Not that I would ever do something that stupid.

Based on my knowledge that it doesn't take a lot of glass to cool vapor, how good is this really?.....Its a preference thing. I tried a beta stem and bought a release version but I am still using the stock adjustable screen stem. On the other hand I have talked to some big fans and they swear by ice stems especially if the are kept cold in a refrigerator or freezer. Whatever keeps folks happy.

I have the ice stem and find it to be a very interesting piece. Based on the way the mouthpiece is made I can't imagine that someone could get a glass bead in their mouth unless the piece was broken.

I think it provides a cool dry hit as far as dry stems go. Is it cooler than through water? Not for me, but then I believe it's the moisture not just the temp that provides me with a hit that doesn't irritate my throat.

I do find that it is the hardest hitting nano accessory I have. I recall wondering why I wasn't getting much of a second hit after a fresh pack. I came to realize that I was getting almost full extraction on the first hit. When I get a new strain I like to try it out with the ice stem to get a true sense of the flavor. Better flavor than my dynavaps. That stem is a monster.

Okla68

Can you give more use feedback on this? Glass balls in the airpath always freaked me out on the thought that I'd inhale them. It's unfounded I know. Based on my knowledge that it doesn't take a lot of glass to cool vapor, how good is this really? Do the balls rattle around too much? Is it like taking a "dry hit" from a waterpipe/big jhook?

The enano is a tiny vape that does big work, and a tiny glass stem that does big glass work is temping. I have so many cool new vapes that I shouldn't be tempted by this, but the enano is one of those vapes I want to keep forever, you know?

I've had the enano for over 3 years and it's still so charming.
The "Ice Stem" is Crimped on the inhalation end, the glass screen on the other. As someone else said.."no way you could Inhale one unless its Broken !

GetLeft

Sometimes (like tonight) I forget to put h20 in my bubbler and end up hitting it dry. The h20 definitely appeals to me more than dry. Don't have an ice stem and I can't remember the last time I used my adjustable screen stem. Wait, yes I can. It was in Mexico right around a year ago. I took my nano along for the trip and was fortunate enough to find something that I could put it to use with while I was there. Can't say I was complaining about the lack of h20 then; I was thrilled to have safely brought along with me such an highly effective vaporizer. Don't leave behind your screens though. Had a heck of a time trying to rig a screen from the slim pickings left laying around the air bnb I was at.

Aquanaught

Newbie e-nano owner here. Mine just arrived a few days ago and I’m still experimenting with this thing. I have to say the results have not been stellar so far, so I’m looking forward to getting it dialed in. Whole bunch of questions for the group here, and would appreciate some help.

So far I’ve had some of the harshest hits I’ve ever experienced, even including combustion. This is with the extra long stem. So I’m certain I’m doing something (probably multiple things) wrong. Besides the temperature setting (which I keep trying progressively lower settings for), what other factors impact the smoothness of the hit? Should I be tamping a specific way, or using a specific draw technique?

Also, how do I remove/adjust the screen on the ice stem, since I can’t move it with a chopstick like on the other stems? I want to try my out, but definitely need to adjust the screen placement.

kartingpilot

@Aquanaught - I'm new to it as well, so others will likely have better suggestions, but I have a pair of long tweezers (8") that have rounded ends that I've used to sort of drag the screen closer to the end of the ice stem.

Not sure what setting everyone uses, but I use a 7 on the dial and medium inhale speed. I found the glass balls cause the need for a pretty forceful inhale, so I took the screen out and remove most of them.

If you're combusting, then inhale faster or turn down the dial, or both.

Hope this helps!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Newbie e-nano owner here. Mine just arrived a few days ago and I’m still experimenting with this thing. I have to say the results have not been stellar so far, so I’m looking forward to getting it dialed in. Whole bunch of questions for the group here, and would appreciate some help.

So far I’ve had some of the harshest hits I’ve ever experienced, even including combustion. This is with the extra long stem. So I’m certain I’m doing something (probably multiple things) wrong. Besides the temperature setting (which I keep trying progressively lower settings for), what other factors impact the smoothness of the hit? Should I be tamping a specific way, or using a specific draw technique?

Also, how do I remove/adjust the screen on the ice stem, since I can’t move it with a chopstick like on the other stems? I want to try my out, but definitely need to adjust the screen placement.

You will find all sorts of tips and tricks throughout this thread. I know that it is difficult because the thread has become so long over the years, but it's worth cruising it for gems and tips. I will copy and post some prior tips of mine below which relate to some of your questions. I am not a nano expert but I have made some suggestions in the past based on loving mine for around 5-6 years now. BTW, all my points go on the fact that I live in the US and have 110V outlets. If you are in Europe or some other area with different home power supplies, then you have a whole other topic to search for and that is how to choose and dial in a converter. Getting that right for non-110V outlets is the biggest struggle people have in other countries with adjusting the heating. Beyond that here goes:

Harsh hits and dialing it in
The temp setting is only one way to adjust the vape experience. You can adjust not only length of draw but draw speed has a big effect. Beyond that there is also the distance of herb and screen from the heater, which is easier to do with the adjustable attachments, and how finely your grind your herb.
I also spent a few years worrying about how close my herb was to the heater and if anything would land on the tip of the heater shield. I eventually threw caution to the wind and just stopped caring about it. I started packing bowls that would sometimes snug up against the heater and have never charred the herb. Now, my nano is a very moderate unit. Some run hotter, some cooler. Particularly if you need to use a converter of some kind because of being outside the US. I vape herb at a touch above a 6 on the dial but that's how my set-up works. They all vary a little.

The ice stem
Most of my glass attachments are the adjustable type rather than the fixed glass screen. But I do have the ice stem which is a fixed glass screen. Just as was previously mentioned, the holes of the fixed screen tend to let little bits of herb through. In order to prevent this, I add the metal basket screen on top of the glass. The screen would never fit the usual way so the cup method works there. You can raise the screen up a little bit, but the size of your bowl really is fixed because of the glass. That's why they call the other types adjustable.

There you go. When tuning in a new nano you have to consider temp on the dial, but also the rate at which you draw, the grind, whether you tamp a bit or not (I don't), some prefer putting a whole nug in at first and then mashing it up after a few hits, the distance you move the screen and thus the herb pack from the heater, and the quality of the herb you use. Also, give her around 15 min to warm up and balance out when first plugging in.

They really are excellent vapes and you just need to find your sweet spot for incredible flavor and effects from very small amounts of weed. They are great at microdosing. You sometimes get more out when you put less in.

Welcome to the thread and the FC @Aquanaught :wave:

Last edited:

Aquanaught

@kartingpilot and @BabyFacedFinster this is excellent, thanks for the advice. I have spent quite a bit of time with this thread but as you noted the amount of info in here is absolutely overwhelming. So thanks for bearing with me and digging that info up; much appreciated.

The last few tries have been an exponential improvement each time. I’ve now dialed down to about 6.25, nudged the screen a few mm further away, taking small to medium sized hits, and focusing on draw speed. It’s crazy the huge difference on this thing through such a small range from about 6.25 to 6.75. I started around 7.5 since the instructions recommended 7-8 and I wasn’t combusting but it sure felt like it!

I’m definitely going to use that tweezer trick, because this thing is baffling me

cannasoor

You sometimes get more out when you put less in.

THIS. This right here! 👆👆👆👆

I have had this happen to me on multiple occasions. My normal dose (which may be smaller than typical) is just to the top of
a cup-style screen (adjustable stem here, folks). Then I lightly tamp down to about 2/3 full. And once in a while, I only get 2/3
or a half a cup in there in the first place, pre-tamp. Maybe I'm a bit low on some pre-ground, maybe I just need a "quickie" ... .

And then I vape, and then it hits me a few minutes later: I am getting more effect from this smaller-sized bowl than from my usual
bowl of half-again to twice the size.

How is this possible??

Rationally, of course, I should always hit these smaller bowls ... right? Hell, I should explore even smaller bowls still: maybe every
time you cut the size by two, the effects double!! :shrug: :huh: :doh:

Well ... no, probably not.

But how does it do this in the first place, more effect when decreasing size, from full cup to 2/3 or 1/2?? Is the Nano some sort of magical, science-defying, vaping-machine monster?

Well ... yes, it surely is!

But for the life of me, I cannot explain that effect. I don't trust it enough to try to regularly take advantage of it.
And now I am almost superstitious about it: I don't want to exploit it too much, or it might sprite away.

OK, 'nuff said ... but here is me after I go turtles all the way down, halving the load size repeatedly ad infinitum:

VapeYourOwnThoughts.jpeg

GetLeft

Yeah, the analog nature of the nano means you have to try a few different settings on your own device to identify which setting works for you. The device is really as straightforward as it can be (once you realize how straightforward it is). The variables are the dial setting, the load of material, and the draw speed. Depending on your preference, add or subtract from each. Less is more is a way back rule of thumb with regard to amounts of material. As @cannasoor appropriately suggests, it seems odd that a little load of material can lead to surprising results but it does. The nano is a highly effective extractor. Air flow through your material affects things along with heater temp. I've accidentally (and ocassionally intentionally) bumped up the temp on the dial and been pleasantly surprised by the noticeable difference between 6 and 7 or so. Recognizing that my 6 and 7 might be another's 7 and 8 or another's 5 and 6.

When I first came across the nano, ice stems weren't part of the picture. I can't say anything about them because by the time they started appearing I was already using my nano through a bubbler and not going back. H2O is useful with the nano and also impacts the three variables mentioned above. Giving the temp a bump up for use through water is worth considering. I use my nano through water a little above 6 in the warm months. I live in PA and in the winter months the nano also benefits from a little bump up. I haven't bothered doing so this year and the ambient temp is definitely lowering the heater temp of my nano (which runs 24/7) and I'm getting milder vapor. I'm not minding at all. Still very effective.

So you have dry stems and ice stems and adjustable and glass stems, bubblers of all sizes and temps of all ranges, flower and concentrates, all of these options powered by a little tiny log-style vaporizer. All the variables mean that the vape is super personalizable.

And it comes with @ataxian. Ataxian = nano

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah, the analog nature of the nano means you have to try a few different settings on your own device to identify which setting works for you. The device is really as straightforward as it can be (once you realize how straightforward it is). The variables are the dial setting, the load of material, and the draw speed. Depending on your preference, add or subtract from each. Less is more is a way back rule of thumb with regard to amounts of material. As @cannasoor appropriately suggests, it seems odd that a little load of material can lead to surprising results but it does. The nano is a highly effective extractor. Air flow through your material affects things along with heater temp. I've accidentally (and ocassionally intentionally) bumped up the temp on the dial and been pleasantly surprised by the noticeable difference between 6 and 7 or so. Recognizing that my 6 and 7 might be another's 7 and 8 or another's 5 and 6.

When I first came across the nano, ice stems weren't part of the picture. I can't say anything about them because by the time they started appearing I was already using my nano through a bubbler and not going back. H2O is useful with the nano and also impacts the three variables mentioned above. Giving the temp a bump up for use through water is worth considering. I use my nano through water a little above 6 in the warm months. I live in PA and in the winter months the nano also benefits from a little bump up. I haven't bothered doing so this year and the ambient temp is definitely lowering the heater temp of my nano (which runs 24/7) and I'm getting milder vapor. I'm not minding at all. Still very effective.

So you have dry stems and ice stems and adjustable and glass stems, bubblers of all sizes and temps of all ranges, flower and concentrates, all of these options powered by a little tiny log-style vaporizer. All the variables mean that the vape is super personalizable.

And it comes with @ataxian. Ataxian = nano
Pretty simple however super pretty actually! (NANO work’s with CANNABIS) FYI!

g0atspank

Howdy all, I am a new E-nano user and i am loving the vapor production and flavor i can get with the device. I am, however having a problem with the power cord. The cord was very hard to get into the holes when I first received the unit, but I did finally get it in and the LED lit. after a few days, the power cord seems to need to be jigged around in its connection quite a bit for the unit to stay on. at this point, it needs to be somewhat pulled out and down away from the device to stay on, and sometimes when I move it just a little bit, to take a hit or something, it will shut off until I jig around the power cord again and it finds the right spot. Please help! i am worried that if I need to RMA the unit that I actually won't be able to because, although it is brand new unused, I bought it on r/EntExchange. Thanks for any advice!

g0atspank,
Reactions: arb

howie105

The cord was very hard to get into the holes when I first received the unit, but I did finally get it in and the LED lit......So now when you look into the socket on the vape that the cord plugs into is there any apparent damage or misalignment of the probes or the socket body? Also check the the plug on the cord for damage as well.

Please help! i am worried that if I need to RMA the unit that I actually won't be able to because, although it is brand new unused, I bought it on r/EntExchange. Thanks for any advice!....You need to talk to EpicVape about that. I don't think we as forum members can do much about your situation.

howie105,
Reactions: arb

g0atspank

as far as i can tell the probes in the body of the unit are straight, but it appears the brass shielding from inside one of the holes on the plug has stayed on the probe in the device when the plug is pulled out. when I shove the plug in at the right angle it will turn on. When i first got the device, it was somewhat difficult to get the correct position of the plug in the body, but it seems to be getting worse in terms of the specificity of position it needs.
Edit - now both bronze shielding pieces from the plug are stuck on each probe of the unit's power socket

Last edited:
Top Bottom