EverythingsHazy

To turn the dial as a blind person, I figured out a trick. I set my fingertip on the top edge of the dial (e. the corner either on the top or bottom of the dial) and then turn it a full fingertip rotation, until my fingertip has hit the other side of the dial's position. For me this normally takes 3-4 fingertip rolls. I have figured that this can be an accurate way of measuring this out without marking the dial in Braille and such. If 3-4 fingertip rotations equal a full dial, 2-3 at most should be enough to turn it down to 6-8. And that I'm happy with. This being so manually operated, it's also blind friendly from the start.
You may be able to put a dab of glue on the heat setting that you want, and then use that for feeling how far you have cranked the dial.

EverythingsHazy

I just got my first e-nano a few days ago and have a question....what are people using as caps or plugs for their stems to keep the herb in the stem for later sessions?
How little do you guys use? I can go through 3-4 loads in one session.

If you want a little plug, you can probably use one of those cheap gel earplugs.

kartingpilot

If you want a little plug, you can probably use one of those cheap gel earplugs.
With cannabis, I usually only take one hit at a time. Most nights I'm not looking to get stoned, just a light high before bed for sleeping. I've been using a VB box vape with a whip for 15 years, and I am used to just loading it up and using it for a week or two. I don't care about the flavor, just looking for ease of use. I realize I'll need to replenish the cannabis more often with these smaller stems, but I should be able to get at least a few days out of one packing.

But the main reason I bought the e-nano was to also be able to use it with Salvia Divinorum leaves and extracts. They are quite psychedelic, and hit within 30 seconds or so. After taking the hit, I need to get everything situated before the trip begins, so I want to be able to quickly cap off the stem without making a mess, then deal with emptying/reloading later.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
But the main reason I bought the e-nano was to also be able to use it with Salvia Divinorum leaves and extracts. They are quite psychedelic, and hit within 30 seconds or so. After taking the hit, I need to get everything situated before the trip begins, so I want to be able to quickly cap off the stem without making a mess, then deal with emptying/reloading later.
Well I love this. Basically I'd recommend you use the 14 mm wpa gong stem they sell with the E-nano, on a bubbler. This keeps the herb upright before, during, and after your hit. Also my experience with salvia tells me that a little water will make your hit much easier to hold in. If you have water in your bubbler you may just have to worry about air blowback pushing the herb out of the stem when you finish the hit.

The E-Nano, with cannabis, tears through 0.05-0.1 grams in a few hits if you have the pipes. Some people pack more into the stem but I'm not those people.

Anyway have a splendid time. Let me know if you have any tips vis a vis the vaporization of S.D., I've been wanting to return to the blessed mother in recent years. I'm sure vaping it will be better than combusting. Really interested in trying some fresh/fortified eaves sublingually.

kartingpilot

Well I love this. Basically I'd recommend you use the 14 mm wpa gong stem they sell with the E-nano, on a bubbler. This keeps the herb upright before, during, and after your hit. Also my experience with salvia tells me that a little water will make your hit much easier to hold in. If you have water in your bubbler you may just have to worry about air blowback pushing the herb out of the stem when you finish the hit.

The E-Nano, with cannabis, tears through 0.05-0.1 grams in a few hits if you have the pipes. Some people pack more into the stem but I'm not those people.

Anyway have a splendid time. Let me know if you have any tips vis a vis the vaporization of S.D., I've been wanting to return to the blessed mother in recent years. I'm sure vaping it will be better than combusting. Really interested in trying some fresh/fortified eaves sublingually.
Thank you for the suggestions on the bubbler. I've considered that kind of a setup, but it's a bit much for my small space/family/etc. Having something hold up the log and not having to mess with anything at all after the hit would be ideal, but that won't usually be the environment I'll be in. But luckily, water is not needed when 'vaping' salvia.

I purchased one of the long stems with my e-nano to see if it would allow for cool enough vapor and so far in my first few tests it seems fine. The heat setting 8 is sufficient to get everything out of the packed salvia leaf. The air is noticeably warm, but not hot. (The whip on my Vapor Brothers unit is probably 18-24" and creates a nice, cool salvia vapor.)

I initially thought I might need to add a tube to the stem to turn it into a whip either for cooling or to make it easier to hold the stem vertical like I'm used to with my vapor brothers box, but after testing I don't think I'll actually need it. I think it will work just fine as is.

The e-nano was suggested as a better alternative to my vapor brothers because of the more narrow stem which focuses the heat more directly over all of the leaf. This makes it easier to take consistent hits which extract all of the salvinorin from the pack. And after my first few tests...I agree.

And yes, if you haven't tried quidding salvia leaves, definitely give it a go. But if you try, know that you generally need to chew the leaves vigorously rather than just set them under you tongue or in your cheek. Make several 1g balls of rehydrated leaf, and pack 1g in each cheek (which is very do-able). Chew until liquified (around 10 minutes), then swish for a bit, then spit and insert another 2g and continue as needed. The trip should kick in around the 10-15 minute mark and last for about an hour. Good luck!

Sparkpug

I load about a 3rd of a stem with a really fine grind lightly tamped down and use exactly one thorough inhalation , sometimes including a lightly charred top layer. Seems to last anywhere from 2-6 hours. Same dose for... 3 years now?

I leave my steams upright inside the glass pieces I use althought I rarely have anything left.

I also retired my Newvape Fine grinder and my Santa Cruz Shredder for.... the E-pick! The grater pattern on the E-pick is pretty epic actually. It gives a really fine grind, better than either of my actual grinders.

Okla68

I load about a 3rd of a stem with a really fine grind lightly tamped down and use exactly one thorough inhalation , sometimes including a lightly charred top layer. Seems to last anywhere from 2-6 hours. Same dose for... 3 years now?

I leave my steams upright inside the glass pieces I use althought I rarely have anything left.

I also retired my Newvape Fine grinder and my Santa Cruz Shredder for.... the E-pick! The grater pattern on the E-pick is pretty epic actually. It gives a really fine grind, better than either of my actual grinders.
Retired and gave away my SCS for a HERB RIPPER....Its Beyond Top of the Heap !

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@kartingpilot very intriguing use of the nano. I also went from a Vapor Bros whip to the nano so many years ago. Both great vapes, but the nano is more efficent for personal use, and a smaller footprint.

You could also use a J-hook or small bubbler with or w/o water for a bit more cooling with a small footprint. I also like one of these with my nano gong for a small set-up with more cooling than a stem. They're cheap and can be found through many sites. I also find the ice stem, which has beads, to have more cooling than the straight stem.

Don't forget that heating can be adjusted by other means beyond temp settings. You can adjust the heater distance from the herb if you have adjustable stems or gongs. Also the rate at which you draw makes a big difference in the type of hit you get. Welcome to both you and @sundaddy !

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: ACE OF VAPE

DaleCooper

Man I got a glass adapter for the nano over the mesh filter one, gotta say it’s a way better experience.

The mesh got really plugged up in my experience, causing me to eventually stop just due to reduced airflow. The glass one doesn’t really have this problem, at least so far.

only downside is that the bong will get grodier but that’s a tradeoff I can handle.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
What I got used to do is taking the screen out of the stem at the end of each bowl or two, brushing it a little bit on the outside, then clipping it on the heat tube of the nano for a few minutes (at 7 1/2, temp I finish my sessions at). Then another quick brushing on the inside this time and it's totally clean.

kartingpilot

@kartingpilot very intriguing use of the nano. I also went from a Vapor Bros whip to the nano so many years ago. Both great vapes, but the nano is more efficent for personal use, and a smaller footprint.

You could also use a J-hook or small bubbler with or w/o water for a bit more cooling with a small footprint. I also like one of these with my nano gong for a small set-up with more cooling than a stem. They're cheap and can be found through many sites. I also find the ice stem, which has beads, to have more cooling than the straight stem.

Don't forget that heating can be adjusted by other means beyond temp settings. You can adjust the heater distance from the herb if you have adjustable stems or gongs. Also the rate at which you draw makes a big difference in the type of hit you get. Welcome to both you and @sundaddy !
@BabyFacedFinster - Thank you for the response. I decided to pick up some 'medical style' rubber tubing to add to my stems to convert them into whips after all. I added about 18 inches of tubing, and this has completely resolved the heat issue when vaping salvia, and made it much easier to just hold the log in my hand upside down like I've always done with my box vape. (The salvinorin-a in salvia needs a pretty hot temp to be activated, and I try to get everything out in one long inhalation, so for this particular usage I probably need to keep the herb pretty close to the heating element.

Now that I've done this, I sort of wish I'd just bought the standard stem instead of the long one, since I don't need the extra glass length...but maybe I'll pick one up later.

The only other 'issue' to resolve at the moment is that the Black Friday kit I bought came with the upgraded cord which has the dial in the wooden box. I thought this would be great, but didn't realize how close the dial box is to the log. So when I pick up the log for use, the dial box is also picked up and is kind of unwieldy, heavy and annoying. Maybe the standard cord would be better in this regard?

I've considered attaching the dial box to the bottom of the log with velcro so that it's just one piece of hardware to pick up and hold, but not sure I want to put an adhesive velcro patches on either.. Also, when I tested it by just holding them together, I found it easy to accidentally move the dial. Any suggestions for this, or could anyone clarify if using the older style cord would be better for this method of use?

Thanks!

BabyFacedFinster

@BabyFacedFinster - Thank you for the response. I decided to pick up some 'medical style' rubber tubing to add to my stems to convert them into whips after all. I added about 18 inches of tubing, and this has completely resolved the heat issue when vaping salvia, and made it much easier to just hold the log in my hand upside down like I've always done with my box vape. (The salvinorin-a in salvia needs a pretty hot temp to be activated, and I try to get everything out in one long inhalation, so for this particular usage I probably need to keep the herb pretty close to the heating element.

Now that I've done this, I sort of wish I'd just bought the standard stem instead of the long one, since I don't need the extra glass length...but maybe I'll pick one up later.

The only other 'issue' to resolve at the moment is that the Black Friday kit I bought came with the upgraded cord which has the dial in the wooden box. I thought this would be great, but didn't realize how close the dial box is to the log. So when I pick up the log for use, the dial box is also picked up and is kind of unwieldy, heavy and annoying. Maybe the standard cord would be better in this regard?

I've considered attaching the dial box to the bottom of the log with velcro so that it's just one piece of hardware to pick up and hold, but not sure I want to put an adhesive velcro patches on either.. Also, when I tested it by just holding them together, I found it easy to accidentally move the dial. Any suggestions for this, or could anyone clarify if using the older style cord would be better for this method of use?

Thanks!

Hopefully someone else can comment on the cord. I don't own one, but am surprised to hear that the upgraded cord made it more difficult to use.

In regards to using the tubing on a long stem. It would be extra cost but if you got a 14mm gong, then you can use one of these to attach the hose.

Does the Salvia hit you hard when you vape the dried leaves versus using extract? I have to imagine the effects are subdued in some way, because you had mentioned that you prefer a mild stone when using cannabis to sleep. Very intriguing.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Summer

kartingpilot

Hopefully someone else can comment on the cord. I don't own one, but am surprised to hear that the upgraded cord made it more difficult to use.

In regards to using the tubing on a long stem. It would be extra cost but if you got a 14mm gong, then you can use one of these to attach the hose.

Does the Salvia hit you hard when you vape the dried leaves versus using extract? I have to imagine the effects are subdued in some way, because you had mentioned that you prefer a mild stone when using cannabis to sleep. Very intriguing.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Yes, the plain leaf hits just like an extract in my experience - the strength of the trip just depends on the amount of salvinorin in the stem.

I haven't tried an extract with the e-nano yet, but sometimes used it with my VB. I don't really feel the need for extremely strong salvia trips anymore though...did plenty of them years ago. I've found lower doses to be more useful nowadays, along with quidding the leaves. I think the e-nano will make it easier to consistently hit my sweet spot using a specific amount of leaf every time. So far I've only had time for a few tests of 50 and 70mg, but each time I cleared all the salvinorin in one hit. My old VB wasn't as efficient and always need a couple hits to get everything.

There is a user on r/salvia and the dmt-nexus's who had an e-nano and has a lot more experience with this vape and I bought it on his recommendation. He started a good thread on SD vaporization at the nexus that you might be interested in.

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Yes, the plain leaf hits just like an extract in my experience - the strength of the trip just depends on the amount of salvinorin in the stem.

I haven't tried an extract with the e-nano yet, but sometimes used it with my VB. I don't really feel the need for extremely strong salvia trips anymore though...did plenty of them years ago. I've found lower doses to be more useful nowadays, along with quidding the leaves. I think the e-nano will make it easier to consistently hit my sweet spot using a specific amount of leaf every time. So far I've only had time for a few tests of 50 and 70mg, but each time I cleared all the salvinorin in one hit. My old VB wasn't as efficient and always need a couple hits to get everything.

There is a user on r/salvia and the dmt-nexus's who had an e-nano and has a lot more experience with this vape and I bought it on his recommendation. He started a good thread on SD vaporization at the nexus that you might be interested in.

Thanks for the link @kartingpilot.

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole on SD this morning. I found very little discussion on the topic in the last several years. I did see a warning to inexperienced users that you could overdo it without noticing with vaping versus smoking. I think they meant that you can judge how much you're using by the amount of smoke produced. Once you dial it in, I imagine the nano would be pretty effective at vaporizing the salvinorin consistently at the temps you need.

I hope the mods are okay with discussing salvinorin use. I recall someone mentioning that hard drug discussion is a violation, but that psychedelics were allowed.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

kartingpilot

Thanks for the link @kartingpilot.

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole on SD this morning. I found very little discussion on the topic in the last several years. I did see a warning to inexperienced users that you could overdo it without noticing with vaping versus smoking. I think they meant that you can judge how much you're using by the amount of smoke produced. Once you dial it in, I imagine the nano would be pretty effective at vaporizing the salvinorin consistently at the temps you need.

I hope the mods are okay with discussing salvinorin use. I recall someone mentioning that hard drug discussion is a violation, but that psychedelics were allowed.
I can't quite tell how much experience you have with SD from your comments, but if you have general new-user questions, the r/Salvia subreddit is a good place to ask questions. There are a decent number of experienced people that like to help out there and it's pretty active :-)

cannasoor

Hello hello!

I also considered finding a more friendly way for me to know how much of herb is loaded. If you could remove the glass around the top of the stem, then maybe a blind person could feel how much is in the tiny bowl and magnetically pop it back into place. But since so much of this is DIY, who knows if I'll ever see something like that.

Thanks for any answers!

Hello hello, Tomi!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you said about loading bowls, but have you considered using something like a very small measuring spoon? There are those used in kitchens with sizes like "pinch" and "smidgen". I myself would load with something smaller than a quarter teaspoon, I think. Assuming that you do (or could) store ground herb in the bottom of a grinder, or in a modestly wide-mouth container, you could then dip the spoon in, brush off excess with a finger or whatever, then "pour" the herb into the stem from the spoon. (And perhaps tamp afterwards, if you do that sort of thing; I use a small, thin dowel.) I would think this would be doable without sight, though I don't have much basis for that. But if it worked, it should give pretty consistent dosing, modulo grind consistency and density of the herb. But I would think you could adjust for that by "heaping" the load in the spoon (like a "heaping teaspoon"), brushing a touch more out, etc.

The mini-measuring spoons like this that I have seen typically come on a ring with several similarly small sizes: I would think that would make it easy to settle on a best default size, and perhaps allow for some options as well.

Here is a link to a set of such spoons on Amazon.com, with sizes of one sixty-fourth, one thirty-second, etc., up to one eighth of a teaspoon: they are metal, on a ring, and cost $5: metal spoons. Here is a link to another set, this time plastic (and more rounded bowls) at about $9: plastic spoons. (There are also some very small "dosing spoons" featured in the search I did, advertised as "anti-static", and apparently intended for applications like this ... but with awkwardly-long handles.)

In any case, I hope this idea might be helpful!

cannasoor,
Reactions: Sparkpug

howie105

There is a tool for that. I use high temp O-rings set on the exterior of stems and WPAs to mark the fill depth of the load above the stems screens. As long as everything remains the same (load depth, grind and tamp) the load weight is easily repeatable. It all started when I was looking for a way to help protect stems from breakage and improve grip.

howie105,
Reactions: Summer

Okla68

Once I discovered the Fixed Glass Screen/Borisilicate glass bead filled "Ice Stem", Ive never looked back at a clogging, moving, wire basket stem since. Once you get your temp settings and load size down, the Consistency of each Smoorh Draw is Always on Mark !
Between this stem and this Log will get you anywhere you want to go. From Medicated to Medthefukup !
20201229_162738.jpg

Top Bottom