Tombudster

Different trees, different colors even from the same type of trees, if you want an exact color match go with a plastic vape or take up wood finishing. It's a bummer about your stem, got one of those myself guess I am lucky my stem still functions after years of use.

I mean I could understand that for the base, but the power box I got looks somewhat like Cherry wood to me. Pic attached below. They also haven't answered my e-mails and it's been about 5 days.

Also, the power box is weaker than my long-cord original power adapter. Running at a 6 on the old cable would scorch my flower, whereas I'm on 6.5 with this new box and I'm finally getting a nice even browning. Originally purchased from PiU in March.

Socks And Sandals

Thinking of giving this vape another try.. but the first time was a disaster with the combustion that took place and that awful (IMO) adjustable screen. I wasn't too fond of the material falling on the heating element either but using a gong will negate that. I've already spoke to Andy in the past and he was very helpful and understanding with my original displeasure with this vape. I'm in the Market for a new vape and am mainly narrowing things down between trying this again (if of course they will still honor the 15 day money back guarantee), The Volcano Hybrid, The Mighty or The flowerpot.

I currently own an VXL Evo and an Omnivap XL which I kind of have a love/hate relationship with. Instead of getting into a discussion of these vapes which would be off topic for this thread, I have to ask a few things.

1. Do the glass stems still fit kind of loose? I understand they can't fit snug on the heating element due to the fact that glass expands but the last Nano I purchased really wobbled a whole lot. Has this become any better?
2. This is a big one for me as I refuse to use the Adjustable baskets again: Are the fixed glass screen stems (including the Ice stem) positioned at the EXACT CORRECT POSITION from the Heating Element? Part of the reason I kind of gave up on this the first time is because it kept combusting despite moving the screen all over the place! So I have to ask.. are all the fixed glass screen stems in the perfection position away from the heating element? It seems as if they would have to be since they are fixed. This is important to me because I do not want to deal with that guesswork again under any circumstances.
3. Is there any advantage to the wooden Dimmer Switches over the regular cord despite just looking pretty? I suppose if I wanted it to match my Nano, I'd have to go with Cherry, maple or walnut I guess.
4. I'll probably stick to my Evo for Concentrates but what are some of the methods you guys use for concentrates? I kind of forgot how this was done since liquid pads don't exist for this.

The only thing I don't like about this is the stirring.. not a huge deal since I stir with my evo anyhow. Should I give this another chance? Or is it too similar to my Evo other than it's efficiency?

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

What number on your dial do you use to vape pure ground bad (no concentrates)?

Also, does anyone have a chart of dial nubers vs airflow temps?

Even if the ceramic hits 390F, the herb is very unlikely to hit that same temp, within 30-45 seconds of inhaling, no?

My current goal is to get my herb up to 390F, but no higher.

Is there any sort of divice I can stick in the gong, to measure the temp? Maybe a digital probe with a wire thin enough to fit in the gong with the vape on top, or maybe a color changing bead of some sort?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Even if the ceramic hits 390F, the herb is very unlikely to hit that same temp, within 30-45 seconds of inhaling, no?

My current goal is to get my herb up to 390F, but no higher.

Is there any sort of divice I can stick in the gong, to measure the temp? Maybe a digital probe with a wire thin enough to fit in the gong with the vape on top, or maybe a color changing bead of some sort?

Hi @EverythingsHazy.

Before hitting some of your questions, it is important to note that everyone's nano is a little different in heat function. Some more than others, so when people talk about what number works best for them, it is all relative to their nano, their set up, and their preferences. The differences are not always linked to the nano itself. This is very much the case when the nano is being used outside the US where home electricity varies. Once you need to start using converters and such, then what works for you can be vastly different than for a user in the US with 110V wall outlets. Finally, one person might find a sweet spot for a herb setting which gives them a roastier hit than what others prefer.

All that said, I am in the US and tend to run mine on flower at about 6 or a hair over. If I wanted to start out with a more wispy but more terpy hit I'll back it down a half step. I'll go up to 6.5 for concentratres and if I want to bust through a herb bowl quickly. Beyond a 7 on my unit then it gets too roasty but not charring unless I crank it all the way up. That's an 11 innit?

I have seen a chart somewhere that gives general relationships between number and temp. It's in the thread somewhere. Still, I would recommend reading through the "Best of" thread on the nano. In particular, take a close look at the very last post where @flotntoke goes through some temp settings. 390F is a top end for me also, I know this from vapes like my Fury 2 which has variable temp settings. My preference tends to be more in the 380-385 range.

Sparkpug

@Socks And Sandals

1. My newer E-Nano doesn't wobble when it's placed over my water adapters. I've purchased a dozen of them and tolerances do vary on the stems. Some are looser than others but this Nano stays put in all of them. My older Nano is another story. It definitely wobbles in some of the looser stems.
2. The variability of the E-Nano itself and "how the flower crumbles" makes this a question mark. It depends on your unit and flower. My glass screen stems are consistent with where the screen is inside them but I find it too close unless I put a tiny amount in. I push my adjustable screen down about 5mm from where the flat end of the E-pick ends. On a 6 the top half singes and an 8 will get combustion.
3. I rarely change my heat level so stock has been fine. The wooden box might make my desktop look cooler.
4. You can cut up/re-shape an S&B mesh pad and manipulate it enough to fit in a stem. I've tried it for the hell of it but haven't used it that way. I do believe the preferred way is to put cotton or hemp fiber inside the stem and put the concentrate into that. I've done it a few times but I'm not into concentrates.

I mostly use 6 on my dial and I grind with either a New Vape fine grinder or a Santa Cruz Shredder.

Years ago FC member @Dafni, in this thread somewhere (thankfully I copied it down), posted this:

5: 150-160°C (302-320°F)
5.5: 165-175°C (329-347°F)
6: 180-190°C (356-374°F)
6.5: 195-205°C (383-401°F)
7: 210-220°C (410-428°F)
7.5: 225-235°C (437-455°F)
8: 240-250°C (464-482°F)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Here is the original post with approximate temperatures along with notes on the testing method:

Hello fellow Nano lovers,

I would like to share my experience with the E-Nano. I’m not a native English speaker, please bear with me, I’ll try the best I can. Mods please don’t hesitate to change my grammar and spelling if it’s too bad.

So I had some time with my E-Nano and love it so far. Excellent little device.

I was playing around with temp settings and came up with a way to accurately measure the temperature of the airflow right where it hits the herbal load.

From my work background I have access to some fancy thermo probes and I always test my new vaporizers. I love to play around with these things.

For the Nano I built a little GonG adapter with the thermo probe dead center right where the herbs would be, and a bit of cotton to simulate the load. Cotton lets me simulate loose or dense loads without getting me too medicated over time.

I put that adapter on a big bubbler and my Nano on top, giving it long exaggerated pulls, trying to max out the temp of each setting.
“Maxing out” the temp on a purely convective vape is not easy, as the longer one pulls the higher the temp gets. So I had to settle for a realistic experimental pull that I could reproduce over and over again without fainting.

That said, I really went to town on it, trying to find the hottest temps that could be achieved for each setting. I am a relatively big guy and can draw longer and harder than most people I know, so I would not be surprised if someone else could not reproduce the temps I was able to hit.
Therefore I repeated the experiment with different people, trying to find an average temp that is easy to achieve for most.

The airflow (a direct consequence of the density of the load) has a huge impact on the final readings, as can be expected.

To represent different airflow rates and different users, I collected my data in a temp range for each setting.
The lower end representing a temp that should be easy to reach by anyone, even with a loose load.
The top end representing my top temps that I achieved. I would take those as max temps for each setting.

So here are the numbers:

Setting: Temp Range

Please note the nice linear pattern, and keep in mind those are average numbers out of many many test runs, different load densities and users.

So in theory, given a nice dense and dry load, exaggerated long steady pulls, one should be able to reach combustion on the 7.5 setting. (and IIRC someone here posted something like this)
I myself never combusted in my Nano so far, but I got very close. Obviously I roasted some of my cotton loads a light brown (something that would probably combust some herbs)
If you don’t pack your loads hard and draw for very long I think even the 8 setting should work, for those complete extractions or those very big hits.

All in all I am very happy with the numbers the Nano produced, how quick and reliable the temp changes where, how quick the loads cool off when you stop pulling, how warm the device gets on the outside, how free the airflow is and even how sleek that thing looks and feels.

Thank you Andy for such a nice little thing, and thanks to all for reading. Comments and questions welcome!

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals

1. My newer E-Nano doesn't wobble when it's placed over my water adapters. I've purchased a dozen of them and tolerances do vary on the stems. Some are looser than others but this Nano stays put in all of them. My older Nano is another story. It definitely wobbles in some of the looser stems.
2. The variability of the E-Nano itself and "how the flower crumbles" makes this a question mark. It depends on your unit and flower. My glass screen stems are consistent with where the screen is inside them but I find it too close unless I put a tiny amount in. I push my adjustable screen down about 5mm from where the flat end of the E-pick ends. On a 6 the top half singes and an 8 will get combustion.
3. I rarely change my heat level so stock has been fine. The wooden box might make my desktop look cooler.
4. You can cut up/re-shape an S&B mesh pad and manipulate it enough to fit in a stem. I've tried it for the hell of it but haven't used it that way. I do believe the preferred way is to put cotton or hemp fiber inside the stem and put the concentrate into that. I've done it a few times but I'm not into concentrates.

I mostly use 6 on my dial and I grind with either a New Vape fine grinder or a Santa Cruz Shredder.

Years ago FC member @Dafni, in this thread somewhere (thankfully I copied it down), posted this:

That's what I needed to know. Glad to hear you're getting less wobble with the later stems. As far as the fixed screen stems goes.. when you say "small amount" about how much exactly can you put in there without it burning? I plan on using the 18mm Gong, and Ice stem only for the most part. Thanks again!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: ACE OF VAPE

Tombudster

Sort of getting really annoyed having to hunt these guys down to get an answer back. I will never recommend the E-Nano to anyone and instead point them towards Ed or UD.

It has been 17 days without any movement on anything regarding issues with my order. I've sent 2 e-mails, then finally reached someone through Instagram of all places (real professional) and now they went silent. For those of you who say to have patience due to COVID-19, I work helpdesk and I have been answering messages and e-mails all quarantine. It's computer based work to just answer an e-mail or reply back to your customers, you can do it from anywhere.

I see that there's now a text support number above, so I guess I'm going to support attempt #4 before I finally just sell this thing and my accessories, charge back the purchase and get it out of my life.

Tombudster,
Reactions: arb

Tombudster

@snackmaster I loved my E-Nano for the last few months I've had it. Daily driver. I knew about issues with customer service but never thought it would be this bad. I even ordered accessories for it, which is where the issue lies.

I was told I would be shipped a replacement ice stem at the end of June, now they don't answer my messages back at all. Sounds like just about everyone else's experience with the CS at EpicVape.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
@snackmaster I loved my E-Nano for the last few months I've had it. Daily driver. I knew about issues with customer service but never thought it would be this bad. I even ordered accessories for it, which is where the issue lies.

I was told I would be shipped a replacement ice stem at the end of June, now they don't answer my messages back at all. Sounds like just about everyone else's experience with the CS at EpicVape.
Sorry to hear you are having problems contacting us. We are definitely having trouble with the Email server but everyone seems to like the new text service. Not sure why you have been having a problem for so long. Why not PM me here to see if I can help you out?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry to hear you are having problems contacting us. We are definitely having trouble with the Email server but everyone seems to like the new text service. Not sure why you have been having a problem for so long. Why not PM me here to see if I can help you out?
My NANO is so pretty like I use mine for CANNABIS = EPIC

ataxian,
Reactions: Helios

Tombudster

I will reach out to you guys again shortly.

This whole ordeal has just cemented one of the big holdups I've had for months before I bought the E-Nano and reading on here and Reddit about how impossible it is to reach anyone, and seems like it's been an issue for a while. This is also the reason why I bought my E-Nano from PiU instead of direct, but I couldn't get all accessories through another retailer.

I think where one of the issues lies is that unless you're fully aware of all social media, forums, and more, I would've went forever without any answer back to my e-mail. There's still no notice on the site that there are any issues with e-mail correspondence and no alternate way to contact you without digging through everything else. If I was a regular consumer and I had an issue and nobody answered me for days I would have done a charge back a week ago and went about my life, I wouldn't hunt down forums.

I haven't even heard back from whoever runs the Instagram account since 6/26, and since Instagram marks when messages are read, I can see that someone read the message but just never responded. So it can't just be an e-mail issue.

Hopefully this will be the final time I have to reach out to get this issue resolved, I will keep everyone updated as to what happens past here.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Still waiting for you to PM me. Is there a reason you haven't?
We did have a banner for awhile on the site mentioning our email server issues. It's true we are way behind the social media curve and don't have the resources to correct it right now. I also agree it should be easier to contact us, that is why we set up the direct text. 866-898-0512.

Tombudster

Messaged you a few hours ago, I said in my post I would reach out shortly - not immediately.

Also, the Support tab might mention it, but I went through the Warranty, Returns, and Repairs section which still has no notice.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I still love my enano and on the couple of occasions that I needed CS, it was prompt and friendly.

I have enjoyed my experience with Epic and the Enano very much and have no complaints about either the product nor the company.

Just my experience.

+1.

Andy has always been excellent with all things nano for me. And my nano has been going strong for over 5 years.

Top Bottom