• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.
I've been looking into adding one. I just get overwhelmed by all the gongs I would need and all the different sizes to fit my vapes.....I'd be a month of Sunday's trying to figure out the right one!

exactly, as Sparkpug says, just get a piece with either 14 or 18mm female joint and depending on wether you got a 14 oder 18mm GonG adapter from epicvape. if u need to order one, buy a spare too :)

Mako Kupo

review incoming! i have 4 e nanos, 2 are out on loan but i can upload pics of the other two and all my accessories. these things are friggin amazing! i cant recommend them enough to my friends, yet still nobody has bought one its nuts! they get so blasted and i show them the 0.1 they vaped and their minds are instantly blown. yet, they dont buy one! ugh!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
So I ordered 2 gong adapters from epicvape... and got hit with a £13 customs charge... F**k this. It's the last cannabis -related thing I order from a US business. Will only deal with individuals from now on, with direct communication with the person making the stuff, and none of that faceless company nonsense. If they can't send as a gift, I'm not buying...

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

howie105

The EpicVape folks used to have a reputation for working with folks to minimize their shipping costs. Don't know the status of those efforts now but it might be worth asking about.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The EpicVape folks used to have a reputation for working with folks to minimize their shipping costs.

That is definitely NOT happening anymore and not only that but their communcation is just like any other faceless company, (automated emails etc). It looks like they have enough business so they don't need to be too friendly.

They are probably trying hard to be 100% legit. Of course it's my problem- epcivape probably don't need to sell internationally at all. I imagine their non-US customers are about 1% of their sales. I did get them one more sale as I recommended the enano to a friend here who actually ordered one.... He also had to pay a stupid customs charge and said he would not have ordered if he had known.

In contrast, my iHeat was sent as a gift and I didn't have to pay Her Majesty's Government....

Last edited:

hafalump

I am borrowing a log from my friend for a party. Interesting to run them side by side. Temps don’t match the dial settings. Imran them both at 6.5. My log is a tad cool at that temp, pure flavor for acoupl hits, leaving the material still green. I then went straight to my friends unit to finish with huge clouds, leaving the abv nice and medium brown. I really liked this system, I could get spoiled.
So tomorrow we can run at about 8 for concentrate, and the other 6ish for flowers.
So numbers on the dial are relative! These very by .75 in the mid range.

come to think of it, probably the cords.......

Last edited:

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
He also had to pay a stupid customs charge and said he would not have ordered if he had known.

In contrast, my iHeat was sent as a gift and I didn't have to pay Her Majesty's Government....
Mate... that's pretty much a question of scale, me thinks. Alan is basically just a one man show with a probably quite modest output of units/annum sold, when compared to the scale of Epicvape sales. Ye bigger your business gets and the more units you sell overseas, the less you can afford flying under the radar there. Taxman and customs office will have you by the nuts.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Yep, I get that, it's just not the type of vendor I want to deal with deal with when buying vape gear. I have sung the e-nano's praises enough in this thread and elsewhere. I'm just peeved at ending up paying through the nose for a couple of short pyrex glass tubes and posting this for other UK memebrs to be aware of.

Baron23

This is just my opinion which means that nobody has any obligation to share it with me nor will I defend it as its just my personal view.

With that said, I don't believe that any vendor of any sort has any obligations whatsoever to help customers evade or circumvent their country's tax and customs laws. No matter what practice they may have done in the past.

howie105

This is just my opinion which means that nobody has any obligation to share it with me nor will I defend it as its just my personal view.

With that said, I don't believe that any vendor of any sort has any obligations whatsoever to help customers evade or circumvent their country's tax and customs laws. No matter what practice they may have done in the past.

Totally agree with your opinion, I just want to know if there has been a change so I don't distribute bad information.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Completely agreed.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I can totally understand it too
So what did they say when you asked and who did you talk to? I hope its a change in personnel and not policy.

All emails are signed "EpicVape Customer Service" with no name.
I didn't ask and it never occured to me that two small glass tubes would get import tax. There are no personal communications with epicvape in my experience in the last couple of years. All emails are answered impersonally in the same mannner as any faceless company or corporation so there is no more sense of buying a hand made item direct from the maker. I get enough of that in all other areas of life so I don't want more of it with vape vendors or anything related to cannabis.

A couple of years ago I contacted epicvape about the possibility of them making a custom shorter GonG adapter and the reply was something like " we make those in-house so no problem".
I didn't get round to ordering one because life got in the way and I thought I could get one made locally.

When I asked them again recently, it was "our team cannot alter the gongs at this point" so it does sound like something's changed- maybe just sheer volume of sales means they don't need to try to spend any time with indivudual customer requests and can streamline their business with a largely automated system.

Again, the intent of my comment was mainly to make other UK buyers aware of this hidden charge. It seems the charge includes a flat £8 fee charged by the post office as "handling fee" so the total charges will seem less ludicrous for a larger purchase.
Yes, these are almost petty amounts of money, it's just having to spend over £40 for something that costs about a couple of dollars to make is pretty annoying.. and this is a problem with any design not using easily sourced standard glass fittings.

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Damn. My epicvape troubles continue.. I just opened the box to find out that one of the GonGs does not actually fit the heater rod properly... so it seems they did not test them before sending off... let's see if they will do the right thing and send a replacement.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Again, the intent of my comment was mainly to make other UK buyers aware of this hidden charge. It seems the charge includes a flat £8 fee charged by the post office as "handling fee" so the total charges will seem less ludicrous for a larger purchase.
Yes, these are almost petty amounts of money, it's just having to spend over £40 for something that costs about a couple of dollars to make is pretty annoying.. and this is a problem with any design not using easily sourced standard glass fittings.

:popcorn:

EmDeemo,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
For those that have not married the two, I encourage ALL to pair eNano's with Eds stems.

There is no equal, I've never wanted nor considered using a Gong since. Perfect fit, beyond perfect function.

IMO the best way to use eNano is direct, no water, through an Eds stem.

howie105

For those that have not married the two, I encourage ALL to pair eNano's with Eds stems.

There is no equal, I've never wanted nor considered using a Gong since. Perfect fit, beyond perfect function.

IMO the best way to use eNano is direct, no water, through an Eds stem.

More, less or about the same resistance in comparison to the standard glass stem? Thinking about getting one, again.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I always found it to be less, but I also have not used the standard glass in YEARS.

I always got bigger rips on the woodies. I also think the fixed depth of Ed's bowls make it far easier to get repeatable results. The Adjustable bowls never hit me as hard.

Baron23

Damn. My epicvape troubles continue.. I just opened the box to find out that one of the GonGs does not actually fit the heater rod properly... so it seems they did not test them before sending off... let's see if they will do the right thing and send a replacement.
I have had a glass stem that wouldn't fit over the heater and Epic was very quick to send me a replacement.

This was about 3 years ago...eh, maybe 4.

Mako Kupo

I have had a glass stem that wouldn't fit over the heater and Epic was very quick to send me a replacement.

This was about 3 years ago...eh, maybe 4.
Same experience here. I've had a couple hiccups ordering from them, and they are always very fast to fix it. I've placed 4 orders with them total, each time ordering a nano and accessories. Once there was a long stem that wouldn't fit over the heater(2.5 years ago-ish), and then no problems for years until my latest order. It(latest order, less than a month ago) my latest order was missing one e-pick, and one ice stem. They were wuick to apologize as well as send the stem and TWO picks, so I got one pick for free. Excellent service IMHO. 9/10 would deal with customer service again.

Top Bottom