ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Yeah thanks guys... i actually havent got a chance to use it properly so maybe once i do i will have a different opinion... HOWEVER...

I've just gone out and bought my third transformer, this one an expesnive 120watt one.. it still doesnt work. This is actually extremely poor on epicvapes behalf. Not only that but they havent even responded to my four emails and its been many days since then. They are recomending something that doesnt work for many costumers (as evidence in this thread). Maybe this isnt a marketing scam to get people to buy their products, but it is still just inconsiderate to give misinformation that waste customers time and money. Not to mention the fact they wont even respond to emails. Terrible, I've wasted time and money running around buying transformers i can't return only for them not to work, I should of stuck with 7th floor vapes.
As I mentioned in my earlier posts, they provided information that wasn't correct which in turn led me (and others) to go out and spend a whole bunch of money on 3 different non-returnable transformers and waste my time driving to the stores and back. Most people who I quoted didn't get their vapes working and didn't post anything further. Other people's suggestions (to go up in wattage) didn't work either.

This is on them because they are the ones who supplied a product and claimed it worked with a 50w transformer when it clearly doesn't, both with me and with many other people. Granted, it DOES work with some... However, they STILL have a duty to acknowledge this fault and be transparent to other potential customers in their advertising so other potential customers don't fall into the same trap as i did and waste a whole bunch of money and time, that is what the LEGAL thing to do is. As a company, they also ought to reimburse any damages or costs that incur as a result of any misinformation or faults supplied by them. If a company claims x works, yet it only works 50% of the time, it is the companies obligation to recall those items and reimburse the customers with either a product that works AS THEY CLAIM it does and cover the shipping costs on both ends (why should the customer have to for out for shipping for something supplied to them on the guarantee it worked? that isn't right). Sure, they may not necessarily legally have to re-imburse me for the transformers i bought, although its a bit of a dick move if they don't even take that into consideration, why? because they were the cause of that waste of money and time obtaining the transformers! come on.

I am not claiming that the only thing that would be right in this instance is for them to pay me for the transformer costs (despite them being equal to what a new unit would cost), what I would expect in this situation would be for them to a) find out what the issue is b) pay for that issue to be fixed and cover whatever costs are involved in that (shipping etc). For instance if they discover its a cord issue, then they ought to send out a new cord free of charge and potentially ask for the old one back with shipping provided. Such a scenario still wouldn't equal the cost of loss for them as it did for me in the cost of the transformers. That is why it is in principle inherently good because it is taking in to consideration the damages that the customer has faced as a result of the information they advised on their website that isn't true in all cases.

As for whether or not the information provided warrants its performance... by reading this statement, do you or do you not get the impression that it will work "You would need to purchase a 220v to 110v step down converter with a minimum of 50 watts to use the E-Nano. The proper converter will not effect the life of the E-Nano." This statement says in effect 'in order for this to work you will need a transformer, then it will work'. If this wasn't the case they would say something to the effect of 'We cant assure use of the e-nano in 220v countries, however some people have had success using step down transformers while others have not'. THAT is transparency which what they legally are required to do. Hopefully, they take that this in to account otherwise they could open themselves up to legal problems, which while it would be ludicrous to suggest if they want to operate a business within a capitalist society constrained by legalities then they have to play the game correctly.
I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your E-Nano to work properly. I can certainly understand your frustration which may have caused you to make several claims which simply aren't true. We've been selling E-Nanos over-seas successfully for over eight years and several hundred units. This is a very powerful forum, and without it, the E-nano would not exist. When people such as yourself have a problem, you can bet they post it here. If the problem was as widespread as you assert, this forum would have effectively killed the overseas sales a long time ago.
We stand behind what we sell and offered you a refund. Since you have already spent so much time and effort I would suggest buying this:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23B95ZWWOWVT6&keywords=killawatt&qid=1570431500&sprefix=kill+a+wa,aps,273&sr=8-3 from Amazon to see how many watts your Nano is pulling and how many volts your transformer is putting out. Then you can send it back to Amazon so you are not out anymore $$ (although they are handy to keep around the house.) Then let us know what the results are. You should be seeing 24 watts immediately after you turn on the vape, and it should settle down to between 12-15 watts after 15 minutes.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

@heavyhitter69 how did you know that the e-nano is not dead because of your 220v to 110v step down converter? did you tried to buy another converter? and don't over pack it.. it should vape around 0.08g max each bowl

I think your 220v to 110v is the problem

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your E-Nano to work properly. I can certainly understand your frustration which may have caused you to make several claims which simply aren't true. We've been selling E-Nanos over-seas successfully for over eight years and several hundred units. This is a very powerful forum, and without it, the E-nano would not exist. When people such as yourself have a problem, you can bet they post it here. If the problem was as widespread as you assert, this forum would have effectively killed the overseas sales a long time ago.
We stand behind what we sell and offered you a refund. Since you have already spent so much time and effort I would suggest buying this:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23B95ZWWOWVT6&keywords=killawatt&qid=1570431500&sprefix=kill+a+wa,aps,273&sr=8-3 from Amazon to see how many watts your Nano is pulling and how many volts your transformer is putting out. Then you can send it back to Amazon so you are not out anymore $$ (although they are handy to keep around the house.) Then let us know what the results are. You should be seeing 24 watts immediately after you turn on the vape, and it should settle down to between 12-15 watts after 15 minutes.
Why does my NANO work so well?
7 pound’s or COLAS and it still work’s?

Colas R old school! ( I’m old school most likely?)

Dispensary?
Not in the mode of today!
We were CIVILIZED as a species in times past?

MAKE CANNABIS popular again?

nadia_epic

EpicVape Team
Company Rep
"Psssttt..." (a voice beckons from the weeds)

EpicVape / Epickai is going through some changes. Wait times are longer, email responses slower, and phones are being answered as much as possible.

BLAME ANDY! He wanted to get those wood cords out to everyone so badly that it happened at a time when we were unexpectedly short staffed.

So here were are in the weeds doing our best to deal with the IMMENSE amount of orders that have been flooding in.

Pro tip: If you're reaching out please email customerservice@epicvape.com as this is the fastest way to have your questions answered. Include a message of encouragement and/or support and I promise you'll be rewarded.

Peace!
Nadia

heavyhitter69

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your hospitality here. Sorry if my frustration has made me seem rude. I took your advice and went into the local electronics shop and got them to test it with one of those measurement units (i actually found out about that through a local forum member having similar issues). Using one of their own 250w transformers, the results were that it was drawing the equivalent in amps as 15 watts. We measured the total amps of the converter and then the amps of the convert + enano and it was the expected amount (they did all the calculations and researched e-nanos expected power draw which as you say is 15w). The local guy on the forum said he tried using a separate cord that he made himself and used that on a step down transformer, he said it drew 0.2amps more than the dimmer cord but made no difference in the amount it heated up (still only heated to 100c or so). The electronics shop people said it could be a hertz issue, although I am not sure about that.

I'm not getting a response to emails (as you mentioned you are short staffed at the moment) so I'll just let you know on here that I'm gonna send the unit back to you guys and hopefully you are able to figure out whether it was a defective unit and let me know what the issue was as I'd still really like to try the e-nano properly. I hope shipping won't cost me too much. If you can't figure out the issue with it then I'll just wait a couple more months for underdogs new units to come out (after the fire that burnt all their stock down), supposedly it heats up faster than current models.

GoldenBud

@heavyhitter69 just go to some shop and buy another Step Down Converter.... you don't have to tell us if it works because you already got refunded, but DON'T drop to the trash a working unit, because I highly doubt that your Nano got bricked (there's a TINY chance you bricked your device)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: ataxian

heavyhitter69

@heavyhitter69 just go to some shop and buy another Step Down Converter.... you don't have to tell us if it works because you already got refunded, but DON'T drop to the trash a working unit, because I highly doubt that your Nano got bricked (there's a TINY chance you bricked your device)

I already did that three different times with three different transformers, hence why I am sending it back to get tested. I will post the results once I hear back. :)

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Thanks for replying, I appreciate your hospitality here. Sorry if my frustration has made me seem rude. I took your advice and went into the local electronics shop and got them to test it with one of those measurement units (i actually found out about that through a local forum member having similar issues). Using one of their own 250w transformers, the results were that it was drawing the equivalent in amps as 15 watts. We measured the total amps of the converter and then the amps of the convert + enano and it was the expected amount (they did all the calculations and researched e-nanos expected power draw which as you say is 15w). The local guy on the forum said he tried using a separate cord that he made himself and used that on a step down transformer, he said it drew 0.2amps more than the dimmer cord but made no difference in the amount it heated up (still only heated to 100c or so). The electronics shop people said it could be a hertz issue, although I am not sure about that.

I'm not getting a response to emails (as you mentioned you are short staffed at the moment) so I'll just let you know on here that I'm gonna send the unit back to you guys and hopefully you are able to figure out whether it was a defective unit and let me know what the issue was as I'd still really like to try the e-nano properly. I hope shipping won't cost me too much. If you can't figure out the issue with it then I'll just wait a couple more months for underdogs new units to come out (after the fire that burnt all their stock down), supposedly it heats up faster than current models.
Your response was a little confusing. So you're saying it is drawing 15watts? If so, there is nothing wrong with the unit.

ACE OF VAPE,

Alt101

2-D092-AAD-9-A5-D-4-DCD-88-D5-7-D53-ADAEE933.jpg

F0-EA9701-0-BF2-4780-BCB9-C0-A8-AD67-F0-D4.jpg

We've been testing these at demo events Lately,
Uses a standard cord to go from dimmer to E-Nano. Hard wired from wall to the stand.
Working on a smaller version for next week?

Would buy! I'd love to see something with a more flexible wrapped cord instead of plastic.

gxk

@Truth Seeker I can't compare with the mighty, but I think you will find the dry stems too irritating based on your experience with the Volcano. The nano can be very smooth however, when paired with the FC-188 or similar high diffusion glass. In your situation it would make sense to go straight to that set up if you are going to try the nano.

Truth Seeker

@Truth Seeker I can't compare with the mighty, but I think you will find the dry stems too irritating based on your experience with the Volcano. The nano can be very smooth however, when paired with the FC-188 or similar high diffusion glass. In your situation it would make sense to go straight to that set up if you are going to try the nano.
Thanks for the advice, I'm making the mighty work right now by using the concentration pad and very hot water, it seems that hitting any of these vapes in native mode just becomes too irritating form me fairly quickly.

I'm sure the dry stems are probably too dry for me on this with such a short pathway. I pulled out the DDave mods last night for the Q with 190 degree water and that was pretty smooth......seems like the more air the better the nano has some pretty good reviews as far as "smoothness" goes so I'm a bit interested.

GoldenBud

Thanks for the advice, I'm making the mighty work right now by using the concentration pad and very hot water, it seems that hitting any of these vapes in native mode just becomes too irritating form me fairly quickly.

I'm sure the dry stems are probably too dry for me on this with such a short pathway. I pulled out the DDave mods last night for the Q with 190 degree water and that was pretty smooth......seems like the more air the better the nano has some pretty good reviews as far as "smoothness" goes so I'm a bit interested.
I think the irritation comes from the THC molecules stimulates the throat, any dry usage will cause that.. I don't think it's a specific device thing, but maybe. not sure.

Truth Seeker

I think the irritation comes from the THC molecules stimulates the throat, any dry usage will cause that.. I don't think it's a specific device thing, but maybe. not sure.
I agree I notice if I use a water piece with water heated 185-195 degrees my mighty is much more bearable

Truth Seeker,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I've tried hot water in my bubblers and did enjoy the extra humidity. I stopped doing it because of the time involved. The positive effects were not great enough for me to keep refilling each session. I change my bubbler water out a few times a week but not every session.

I also tend to get irritated with dry air paths, but lately I must have gotten over it as I've been hitting rosin through a Terp pen and my Fury 2 dry lately without issue. When I vape rosin through my nano, it means I want to take my time and really enjoy the session. The portables are for ease of use (like lying on the couch or out on the town), but the nano is for a sit down session to enjoy the moment. I have one of their ice stems and it really does smooth out the hits. I would also recommend a J hook for a cooler hit.

Flavorwise and for complete extraction from minimal amounts of herb, you can't beat the nano. I wouldn't compare it, or any plug-in, to a portable (like the Mighty). They are apples and oranges in my mind, each with their own purpose and specialties.

Eskcharls

Grenn Dever
Would buy! I'd love to see something with a more flexible wrapped cord instead of plastic.
I was thinking the other day that a old phone cable would be awesome with the enano:shrug:

cables_telefono.jpg.html

Since my unit fell to the floor and got its first dent :doh: haven't stopped thinking that I need a diferent cable.
(it fell by the movement of the cable as the unit is really light and the cable's weight)

Eskcharls,

oreo47

hey everyone
I am not sure my enano is working properly. what kind of avb should one get from 7?
when I use my enano at 7 I dont very dark avb more light brown avb which seems wrong to me

oreo47,

joner

I use it at 7.25 and it's usually still green when done to be honest. Some light brown, but lots of green. Toasty woasty tho, it's definitely dependent on strain tho too

joner,
Reactions: oreo47
Top Bottom