flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I agree we should all be cautious with ALL electrical devices - vapes at least as much as any due to the the way they're used - but, aren't things getting a bit nit-picky on this? If there is a safety issue that hasn't been addressed then it should be. I personally don't see one here with the nano. But, I think there should be a "paranoia-check" every once in a while just by virtue of what this forum is and very common side effects of what most (if not all) of us are vaping.

Sparks from a receptacle when plugging it in? First, as was mentioned don't touch the metal prongs when plugging ANYTHING in. Trust me... you'll get a shock whether you see sparks or not. However, the sparking itself isn't uncommon for any 2 prong plug going to a transformer - especially if it is turned on. I'm surprised no one has asked and I don't think there has been any clarification - but was Gvape's unit on when plugged in?

Take a close look when plugging in most wall worts with a load on them and you'll often see a few sparks. I have an electrical medical device I use daily (not a vape - professional device - UL listed) that will spark every time you plug it in if the transformer is connected to the device - whether it's on or "off" (can't turn off lights and diagnostic).

If it's not common sense to all, before you plug anything in turn it off if possible. Even more important if there is an inline transformer. If you can't turn it off, you should disconnect the device from the transformer, plug the transformer in, then reconnect to device (such as a laptop). With the nano - just make sure it's off ("click"). Hard to say for certain in any particular case, but seems Gvape's nano failure (if it was on when plugged in), may have been the safety feature doing what it was supposed to - shut off power in the event of an electricity spike. Unfortunately for Gvape for a while, it shut it off permanently.

It's obvious to see the bare wire in the pics where it is soldered to neon light connector. It's been noted and addressed. Personally I see no issue here. Go pulling apart other electrical devices in your home and you will find plenty of such instances, and I'd be willing to bet much worse. Same with the wire nuts used.

Personally, I'm glad there isn't any silicon or glue used in production of the nano. Hopefully that won't change, as it could be cause for other safety concerns and I'm surprised to see it suggested from some here.

Common sense is part of it, but I think it's even a little beyond common sense to treat this and all vapes that plug in as you would any electric device. Don't use it in the shower. Probably not a good idea to pretend it's a lasso and swing it around by the cord or constantly pull hard on the cord. If the wire becomes disconnected or loose from the unit or the dimmer, stop using it and get it repaired.

Hope I'm not cutting in on Echantre's husband's stock, but I'll be glad to take any nanos anyone is getting rid of because of these concerns out here on the East Coast. I'll even pay postage!

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Sparks from a receptacle when plugging it in? ... However, the sparking itself isn't uncommon for any 2 prong plug going to a transformer (? - do you mean receptacle?) - especially if it is turned on.

very true ... i see a spark every time i plug in my battery charger with 2 prong plug (before connecting to battery) -- it delivers 6 amps to the battery cell.

pics of the interior show a very clean design. looks sufficiently safe. much better than the crappy Wal-Mart space heater i got last winter (which died) -- now that sucker is dangerous.

Mikey Day

this is a vape that seems like one of the most interesting to me. but trying to review and figure out the genuine reviews of these 66 pages is tough. it seems like this shocking complaint is from one isolated guy with many people defending (and one from an old model, but he is jumping on this complaint as if it is applicable)....????

is this guy a competitor? this is a genuine question, not meant to seem argumentative. just wondering because he is making a LOT of "noise" about an issue that seems like it has been rigorously addressed. Please understand that I am asking honestly because I really want to start a vape collection and this nano thing seems like the one I am most interested in. Can people let me know if they like it? I am only concerned with facts, not 15 more pages of blah blah blah from this guy who jumps on every comment saying how close to death he was... but if I know forums, i am sure he will jump on this comment with his replies.

Mikey Day,

newswim

Personally, I am quite on forums but read them and this is where I found out about all the v's I own. The Nano is BY FAR the best v I've ever owned (4 total, including the volcano). I like it because it has in spades the 3 things that seem to be important in vapes.
1. no glue and crap
2. quickest heat up
3. great draw

then, it has:
1. the best design, i leave mine out and it looks beautiful (not a bachelor weed smoking device). I love the shoe-box analogy. you don't have to put it in a shoe box under the bed.
2. the company says they will unconditionally warranty the item. they always say (and you can see it on the boards here) to just send it back and they'll fix or replace it for any reason. So, yes, i wonder too about all the complaints coming from this person.
3. efficient. this vape "seems" like it is very efficient with greenery. I either smoke less or use less. I'm not sure, but I am definitely just as high.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I love our E-Nano. I have a customized one - Andy etched our house dragon onto it - and I have it plugged in and on most of the day.

I usually hit it through a bubbler (I ordered the GonG from Andy, as well)... I just put the GonG on the bubbler, put my herb in the GonG, then when I hit it, I invert the E-Nano onto the GonG... really wonderful clouds of vapor!

Having the temp control is the best feature as far as I'm concerned. I can start a load at 5, and slowly over several hits/hours, bump it up to my personal max preference of 7.5. I get a lot of hits/vapor out of my tiny amount of herb (generally about 0.05 gram).

Enchantre

Oil Painter
You have a house dragon? How fucking cool is that?! I gotta get one. That's way better than Sheldon's apartment flag.
Here he is, on our house:
dragon3i.jpg

My husband designed and cut this piece, and installed it several years ago. The dragon is no longer on our house, as we are preparing to move, but he always goes with us!

wootze

Is there a FC discount code?

Here he is, on our house:
dragon3i.jpg

My husband designed and cut this piece, and installed it several years ago. The dragon is no longer on our house, as we are preparing to move, but he always goes with us!
Xcellent graphics.

icanreadgood

Bought on Sunday, it arrived Wednesday or yesterday ( I didn't check the mail yesterday). Extremely quick delivery for people that live in SoCal.

I have owned two other log vapes (pd and mz), and this is a great successor to them. It fixes all the big problems they had (overly restrictive draw, long heat up time, small bowl, fixed temperature, and "wood char" design flaw). In addition, clear glass stem lets me see exactly how hard to draw in order to keep extracting vapor.

I bought two additional stems that use the metal screen/C clip combo, and on first use one of the screens came loose. Just like the earlier log vapes, it was hard to get the screen and c clip placed well. The solution is what it's always been, fiddle with it for a while like an ape using a stick to fish for ants.

I didnt use the stock stem with glass screen. The holes in the screen looked too big for the weed I had ground up. Could be good, I don't really know.

It is pleasantly small and can be left out in the open without anyone knowing what it is. The design and finish look great on the cherry.

Lastly, this hits really well. Bowl size is perfect for one or two people. Lots of thick hits, stirred using the included tool. I have an lsv, and the nano is preferred as a daily driver. The lsv is too big, has to stay in a large plush bag, and with the water pipe adapter is better for getting completely shit-faced. The nano is good for getting everyday high. The difference is akin to wanting to use a pipe vs a bong. That said, the lsv has more flavor to me.

Extremely happy with this purchase, and used code fclove for a discount

EveryDayAmnesiac

I bought two additional stems that use the metal screen/C clip combo, and on first use one of the screens came loose. Just like the earlier log vapes, it was hard to get the screen and c clip placed well. The solution is what it's always been, fiddle with it for a while like an ape using a stick to fish for ants.

I didnt use the stock stem with glass screen. The holes in the screen looked too big for the weed I had ground up. Could be good, I don't really know.

Herb will definitely make its way through the glass screen, although only little bits (assuming you grind). I can't recommend enough, though, the all-glass GonG with some (relatively) cheap glass. Only an insignificant amount will get to the water, and you won't be fussing with any screens. Works great for me.

If you don't ever use water... then I guess this post is useless. :lol:

I hope Andy makes a post soon... about anything.

And I hope my new additional GonGs and stems get here soon! I need new toys to play with...

PDwasmy1st

Is the delivery price of $6 the full amount, or is there airport taxes or any other etc.
Is there any discount for FC members or any other discounts?
I take it this comes with a power supply? for use in the U.K. aswell?
I am thinking of going for the combo with 1 additional glass stem for each. thank you.

That's a little worrying, as i have 5 useless tubes for the PD which i fiddle with screens daily :( , the PD has also cost me 5 12 volt adaptors which keep not working after 3 or 4 weeks use.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

PDwasmy1st,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Finally perfected my technique with my E-Nano!!!!

I fill the bowl and take hits till the bottom of the bud is light brown.
Take the Epic and stir the top section and remove to ABV jar.
Take more hits till bottom is light brown.
Remove section, stir and vape last section!

All bud if vaped the same colour and the flavour stays good till the end.
I also get nice milky clouds till the end when i cannot take anymore and give up!

And all that action for using less than 0,1 gram!!

Now that what i call entertainment!

PDwasmy1st

What is the best wood for heat resistance therefore durability i would have thought , i red somewhere cherry wood is slightly softer than walnut that would lead me to believe walnut is better? although i understand there isnt alot in it. am i right?

PDwasmy1st,

lazylathe

Almost there...
What is the best wood for heat resistance therefore durability i would have thought , i red somewhere cherry wood is slightly softer than walnut that would lead me to believe walnut is better? although i understand there isnt alot in it. am i right?

When the wood is less than 1cm thick there is not too much difference between the two woods offered.
Both are North American hardwood species and are pretty much equally as strong.
Both woods are strong, durable and resistant to scratches, dents and warping.

In the end it is all personal preference as to what color and grain structure you prefer!

PDwasmy1st

Are the gauzes inside the stems namely the direct draw hard to replace , do they come apart , my pd stems are knackerd because of gauzes etc

PDwasmy1st,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Are the gauzes inside the stems namely the direct draw hard to replace , do they come apart , my pd stems are knackerd because of gauzes etc

You have a choice with regards to stems!
Either the crimped ones that you need to put a mesh screen in or the ones with a glass screen that you cannot take apart.
I have the glass screen stem and love it!
No need to grind your bud just place a suitable chunk in there and start vaping!

Check out post 1645 for the stems that need a screen.
This is a pic of my glass screen stem

P1030634_zps999beed7.jpg

To clean just place in a jar of ISO.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, wow I am really enjoying my Nano. I only use it with water through my zapbubbler. This thing performs so well and the hits are smooth, you gotta love it! I am seeing all these pics of Nanos and am really happy for you all. I am a little jealous though, I really dig the bare look, wish I would have gotten mine with no rings in it. I also like the work Enchantre had done, Andy can do anything, you have a beautiful unit! I have been watching a PN WT lately thinking of getting one to try with the Nano. I have gotten to where I only vape through water.

Keep up the great work Andy, looking forward to adding another unit to my arsenal. I have some super figured burl stashed away. Would like to send ya some for a custom piece.

Top Bottom