• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DynaVap vs. Battery vapes

Hello all,

I've recently moved away from battery vapes and have been enjoying DynaVap with an induction heater. I find that I get better flavor and vapor production from the vapcaps vs Pax or firefly vapes.

How does this community feel about vapcaps vs traditional battery powered vapes?

checkyourlibido

How does this community feel about vapcaps vs traditional battery powered vapes?
As a community, I feel like most can agree that battery life sucks in ultra cold weather. And that trying to fiddle with a lighter when it's ultra windy sucks.

But both can be awesome in most other situations. But yeah, I can't speak for everyone.

As a community, I feel like most can agree that battery life sucks in ultra cold weather. And that trying to fiddle with a lighter when it's ultra windy sucks.

But both can be awesome in most other situations. But yeah, I can't speak for everyone.
Thanks for this reply. Yeah, I use the wand IH so travelling with the DynaVap so wind and cold isn't so much an issue, although traveling is a little more cumbersome in that respect since I have to have the IH tag along.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello all,

I've recently moved away from battery vapes and have been enjoying DynaVap with an induction heater. I find that I get better flavor and vapor production from the vapcaps vs Pax or firefly vapes.

I find the flavor of vapcaps to be pretty mediocre usually. I think there are many tasty torch-driven vapes, but that is not where the vapcap excels. It's an indestructible little fucker that can be pretty fun. I think it's a good introduction to vaping for experienced smokers vs a middling mass-market battery vape.

DRAG-0n

I used to think I hated battery powered portable vapes because I was told to try a pax as it was the "best" (I think their marketing and fan base confuse many new to vaping). After never getting great effects or even decent flavor I wrote off portable vaping for years. Now i have a mighty and tinymight and I understand how amazing these vapes can truly be. I dont really microdose so I tend to stay away from vapcap type of devices

I find the flavor of vapcaps to be pretty mediocre usually. I think there are many tasty torch-driven vapes, but that is not where the vapcap excels. It's an indestructible little fucker that can be pretty fun. I think it's a good introduction to vaping for experienced smokers vs a middling mass-market battery vape.
This is an interesting perspective because in my experience I get better flavor and terps from my vapcaps vs battery vapes. My IH dials in the temp perfectly and I usually pull it early so my AVB is never more than dark brown.

I used to think I hated battery powered portable vapes because I was told to try a pax as it was the "best" (I think their marketing and fan base confuse many new to vaping). After never getting great effects or even decent flavor I wrote off portable vaping for years. Now i have a mighty and tinymight and I understand how amazing these vapes can truly be. I dont really microdose so I tend to stay away from vapcap type of devices
The mighty was the one top tier vaping model I haven't tried yet. I liked the Pax for on demand hits but I also found the vapor production to be lacking compared with the vapcaps

GoldenBud

This is an interesting perspective because in my experience I get better flavor and terps from my vapcaps vs battery vapes. My IH dials in the temp perfectly and I usually pull it early so my AVB is never more than dark brown.
he's right
the DV cooks your material before you take a hit... hence some of the terpz will be cooked before you inhale

I could see that. Good point about the durability of the vapcaps. It's definitely a nice benefit.

spokeydokey90,
Reactions: coolbreeze

DRAG-0n

The mighty was the one top tier vaping model I haven't tried yet. I liked the Pax for on demand hits but I also found the vapor production to be lacking compared with the vapcaps
Mighty is really nice as it is probably the toughest built portable session vape. I prefer my tinymight 2 for on demand as it has some amazing flavor, I even find myself reaching for it over my flowerpot sometimes when I am at home. Have you tried full convection vapes before?

Mighty is really nice as it is probably the toughest built portable session vape. I prefer my tinymight 2 for on demand as it has some amazing flavor, I even find myself reaching for it over my flowerpot sometimes when I am at home. Have you tried full convection vapes before?
Yes, I've used the firefly 2 plus which is full convention, right? I've also used larger table vapes.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yep, I would encourage you to try the more flavorful torch devices, like the vapman, sticky bricks, and the glass TRWW vapes. You will be surprised.

I'd also say that I would put most of my favorite battery vapes above the two you mentioned on flavor. TM was already mentioned, but even the Xmax v3 pro is tastier than my experience with the pax. Also various other convection battery vapes.

Of course these days I almost always use my desktops. Love my logs but the Atlas is also very tasty. I'd put my FP above the vapcaps too, ofc.

Yep, I would encourage you to try the more flavorful torch devices, like the vapman, sticky bricks, and the glass TRWW vapes. You will be surprised.

I'd also say that I would put most of my favorite battery vapes above the two you mentioned on flavor. TM was already mentioned, but even the Xmax v3 pro is tastier than my experience with the pax. Also various other convection battery vapes.

Of course these days I almost always use my desktops. Love my logs but the Atlas is also very tasty. I'd put my FP above the vapcaps too, ofc.
Okay, this is good info thanks. I've not tried some of those other torch devices but I'll check them out. Which would you recommend if I was only going to try one?

I haven't used a desktop vape in a long time so I'm not familiar with the current models out. I need educate myself more on the table vapes.

spokeydokey90,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

What's your preferred vape setup?

Well that's a loaded question :lol:

I love my CouchLog (desktop) for hash.

I love my herborizer (desktop) for herb.

I love my Thermal Accumulator (butane powered portable, prefer it with hash but haven't tried it with flower that much yet) and TM2 (battery powered portable, flower only) for relaxed sessions.

If I had to pick one desktop and one portable it would be CL and TA.

Well that's a loaded question :lol:

I love my CouchLog (desktop) for hash.

I love my herborizer (desktop) for herb.

I love my Thermal Accumulator (butane powered portable, prefer it with hash but haven't tried it with flower that much yet) and TM2 (battery powered portable, flower only) for relaxed sessions.

If I had to pick one desktop and one portable it would be CL and TA.
Haha, thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not familiar with those models but I'm looking them up now. Thanks!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Which would you recommend if I was only going to try one?
TA or one of the affordable all glass by TRWW or Piro by Lamart (haven't tried the latter)

I need educate myself more on the table vapes.
People like ball vapes. I bought a cheap pid and coil off Ali Express and the stainless steel ruby filled ball head the SX by Phase3

Some more info here

I bought two ball heads actually lol but one is a bit embargo'd still afaik. The nice thing is you can use multiple ball heads with the same pid, so for a relatively affordable price you can expand your experience. For example choose different material for the ball head, but plenty other differences to consider.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Okay, this is good info thanks. I've not tried some of those other torch devices but I'll check them out. Which would you recommend if I was only going to try one?
It kind of depends on what you want to optimize. If you want a great ritual, the vapman. If you want big convection flavor, and optional heavy hitting, try a brick. Each of TRWW's glass vapes have their own advantages and techniques. There are also the Anvil and TA, both different from the above and each other.

he's right
the DV cooks your material before you take a hit... hence some of the terpz will be cooked before you inhale
Hm, good to know. For some reason Ive always felt like the terps were optimal out of the DV but I need to explore other options.

It kind of depends on what you want to optimize. If you want a great ritual, the vapman. If you want big convection flavor, and optional heavy hitting, try a brick. Each of TRWW's glass vapes have their own advantages and techniques. There are also the Anvil and TA, both different from the above and each other.
I'm definitely a Flavor chaser and want to get as much terps out of a hit as possible.

Top Bottom