NFC Dynavap Aftermarket Stems - What's available?

Mono Loco

Hi, all.
Here's another list for your Dynavap Accessory VAS shopping!

I started this list of Stem Makers from a Question I had posted in the OG FC site, under the Portable Vaporizers/Dynavap VapCap Forum. Now, I have given it its own post here, under "Accessories".

The list is not in any organized order, i.e., not be preference, cost, material, alphabetical ... nada, just a list for you to check out! Of course, please add any makers, or retailers, to the list ... the more the merrier!

Most of the makers below were members of the OG FuckCombustion community, and hopefully they will migrate to this new incarnation. I believe some may have retired, or be on hiatus, but most listed are still active. Many have a presence on FaceBook, InstaGram, and Etsy ... some have their own websites. Some are "elevated hobbyists" who sell a few and others are full-blown pros (or, at least their quality is!). This list is just for a reference - you'll have to track'em down yourself (I'll try to include some links, but I'm already getting tired! ... eyes are spent, headache creeping in!)

1) user @phattpiggie - Innovative, multi-media, mostly (?) wood with acrylic and other accents. His were the first I saw, and they sure do leave a lasting impression!

2) user @PrimitiveOrganic = Simrell Collection = his current signature is the sleek Vortex Titanium Stem with the inter-cooler insert, but does woods, too.

3) user @Ed's TnT - (maker of the Woodscents Log Vaporizer) wood stems that use the OEM condenser.

4) user @Aezhenn (Aezhenn Wood) - his current signature line uses plain glass inner-tubes shielded by beautiful exotic wood sleeves ... also makes matching "doob-tubeish" carrying cases.

5) user @Khelek41girl , ( KG Woodcrafts - Awesome! ) ... Wow, words don't do her pieces justice- you need to see the pics, so just check her out (her goods, I mean ... I mean, her gorgeous stems ... her wooden lathe-turnded ones!!!)

6) user @Rabid Kiwi , ( DYNACRAFT STEMS ) - a relative newcomer, but turning out very nice wood stems, native - not with condensers - at affordable pricing.

7) user @ stardustsailor (aka: SDS) ... not around much (sadly for us), since da' baby be born, but ... ya' never know when he might pop-up again! Man, he makes superb custom titanium stems, with all sorts of textured surfaces and colors.

8) user @MrB ... doesn't post often, but when he does, his offerings get snatched up PDQ = smooth, basic Titanium bodies with decorative multi-color (trim) anodizing.

9) user @Winegums (Wingums Woodcraft) ... hmmm ... not an active member these days? Instagram: chickadeeandoak

10) user @RogueGuy (Rogue wax Works) ... sells on Etsy = offers glass stems made in Oregon = nice and thick, several varieties

11) user @DDave ( DDave Mods ) - offers a simple glass stem that is made to fit into Water Pipes, but can also be used "solo" = the Water Wand! (also sells Dynavap SCREENS, not CCDs)

12) user @danielj ... clean, basic wood stems

13) user @Mistvaporizer ( Mist Vape ) - sells glass stems (with, or without, cooling beads) that have wood mouthpieces

14) user @Andy Capp ... very cool machined/sculpted Titanium Stems. Not around much, here, but on InstaGram (AndyCappCreations)

15) user @DaveSmith (Better known as Glass Charlie on Instagram) = maker of the "Spikey Stem", glass stem with internal "peaks/barbs" that help to cool the vapor path. In the UK, but his pieces are sometimes available here --> V GoodiEZ

16) Skull Kandy Vapor = SkullKandyCreations on Etsy, carbon Fiber stems
* they offer an Induction Heater called the FLUX ... a bit too close for comfort in name choice to the "Flux Deluxe" by Fluxer Heaters, IMHO.

17) The Sneaky Pete Store offers several varieties of Glass stems (Hula, Gnarly, Sidewinder, etc.) ... made overseas, Asia/China, I presume, but not sure. Other retailers offer some the same stems.

18) I bought a (25)-pack of 8" long thick glass drinking straws on eBay. They have 8mm Inner Diameters, which is what's required. However, the Flame Polishing of their cut edges was not done with great care so some of their edges are deformed and will not accept the DynVap's tip. Of the (25) only (12) actually work ... and they don't fit on either end, just one side (which is OK). Anyway ... for the low delivered price of $41, the (12) usable tubes are still a good deal ... @ an adjusted price of < $3.50 each ... and I have (13) FREE glass drinking straws to share with fellow Tree-Hugger friends who don't advocate plastic straws! I sure wish they were Made in USA, but ... dang it!

WELL ... dat's all I got! Do you know of any more that I missed? If so, POST'em below!

Keep SAFE.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Looks like the season for Flowering Quince is around September. I have to thank @Rabid Kiwi for making some sense of the sap I deal with on fresh wood. The resin is what appears to make the pieces feel like plastic. This really is a big part of the vitality of stems. This is what feeds the shrub throughout the winter. By September, it should again be fully revitalized. By March, as shoots begin to show, the wood itself is very dry. It doesn't make for a good stem.

And thank you both for your encouragement. Seeing how there is some evidence that FQ has some relief properties for arthritic hands, I will definitely be exploring it further this year. My wife reported nearly 3 months relief after halting extensive therapy. The minerals are only accessible when the wood is saturated. Seems a perfect match to me. Those healing sticks also make the best stems :D

"Medicine Stick"

20200521_104254.jpg

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I make tubes that work for the Dynavap tips. They can be with or without a ss liner tube.
Here is a koa wood tube w/ 14/20mm end.

vapcap14mmwong.jpg

A high temp silicone sleeve allows the Dynavap tip w/ orings to fit into my 14mm GonG tubes. I also have some 18mm GonG tubes that will accept the Dynavap tips.

vapcap14mmgong.jpg

I also make a tapered cork sleeve that allows the Dynavap tips to be used in any vaporizer w/ an 18mm taper like the iHeat, Lil' Bud, Timber Elite, Tubo/P80, Splinter, Milanna, etc. A great way to roast smaller amounts.

vapcap18mmcorkapart.jpg

vapcap18mmcork.jpg

I make 8mm ss basket screens that can be positioned anywhere in the Dynavap tip and works really well.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hi, all.
Here's another list for your Dynavap Accessory VAS shopping!

I started this list of Stem Makers from a Question I had posted in the OG FC site, under the Portable Vaporizers/Dynavap VapCap Forum. Now, I have given it its own post here, under "Accessories".

The list is not in any organized order, i.e., not be preference, cost, material, alphabetical ... nada, just a list for you to check out! Of course, please add any makers, or retailers, to the list ... the more the merrier!

Most of the makers below were members of the OG FuckCombustion community, and hopefully they will migrate to this new incarnation. I believe some may have retired, or be on hiatus, but most listed are still active. Many have a presence on FaceBook, InstaGram, and Etsy ... some have their own websites. Some are "elevated hobbyists" who sell a few and others are full-blown pros (or, at least their quality is!). This list is just for a reference - you'll have to track'em down yourself (I'll try to include some links, but I'm already getting tired! ... eyes are spent, headache creeping in!)

1) user @phattpiggie - Innovative, multi-media, mostly (?) wood with acrylic and other accents. His were the first I saw, and they sure do leave a lasting impression!

2) user @PrimitiveOrganic = Simrell Collection = his current signature is the sleek Vortex Titanium Stem with the inter-cooler insert, but does woods, too.

3) user @Ed's TnT - (maker of the Woodscents Log Vaporizer) wood stems that use the OEM condenser.

4) user @Aezhenn (Aezhenn Wood) - his current signature line uses plain glass inner-tubes shielded by beautiful exotic wood sleeves ... also makes matching "doob-tubeish" carrying cases.

5) user @Khelek41girl , ( KG Woodcrafts - Awesome! ) ... Wow, words don't do her pieces justice- you need to see the pics, so just check her out (her goods, I mean ... I mean, her gorgeous stems ... her wooden lathe-turnded ones!!!)

6) user @Rabid Kiwi , ( DYNACRAFT STEMS ) - a relative newcomer, but turning out very nice wood stems, native - not with condensers - at affordable pricing.

7) user @ stardustsailor (aka: SDS) ... not around much (sadly for us), since da' baby be born, but ... ya' never know when he might pop-up again! Man, he makes superb custom titanium stems, with all sorts of textured surfaces and colors.

8) user @MrB ... doesn't post often, but when he does, his offerings get snatched up PDQ = smooth, basic Titanium bodies with decorative multi-color (trim) anodizing.

9) user @Winegums (Wingums Woodcraft) ... hmmm ... not an active member these days? Instagram: chickadeeandoak

10) user @RogueGuy (Rogue wax Works) ... sells on Etsy = offers glass stems made in Oregon = nice and thick, several varieties

11) user @DDave ( DDave Mods ) - offers a simple glass stem that is made to fit into Water Pipes, but can also be used "solo" = the Water Wand! (also sells Dynavap SCREENS, not CCDs)

12) user @danielj ... clean, basic wood stems

13) user @Mistvaporizer ( Mist Vape ) - sells glass stems (with, or without, cooling beads) that have wood mouthpieces

14) user @Andy Capp ... very cool machined/sculpted Titanium Stems. Not around much, here, but on InstaGram (AndyCappCreations)

15) user @DaveSmith (Better known as Glass Charlie on Instagram) = maker of the "Spikey Stem", glass stem with internal "peaks/barbs" that help to cool the vapor path. In the UK, but his pieces are sometimes available here --> V GoodiEZ

16) Skull Kandy Vapor = SkullKandyCreations on Etsy, carbon Fiber stems
* they offer an Induction Heater called the FLUX ... a bit too close for comfort in name choice to the "Flux Deluxe" by Fluxer Heaters, IMHO.

17) The Sneaky Pete Store offers several varieties of Glass stems (Hula, Gnarly, Sidewinder, etc.) ... made overseas, Asia/China, I presume, but not sure. Other retailers offer some the same stems.

18) I bought a (25)-pack of 8" long thick glass drinking straws on eBay. They have 8mm Inner Diameters, which is what's required. However, the Flame Polishing of their cut edges was not done with great care so some of their edges are deformed and will not accept the DynVap's tip. Of the (25) only (12) actually work ... and they don't fit on either end, just one side (which is OK). Anyway ... for the low delivered price of $41, the (12) usable tubes are still a good deal ... @ an adjusted price of < $3.50 each ... and I have (13) FREE glass drinking straws to share with fellow Tree-Hugger friends who don't advocate plastic straws! I sure wish they were Made in USA, but ... dang it!

WELL ... dat's all I got! Do you know of any more that I missed? If so, POST'em below!

Keep SAFE.

Thanks for the helpful list. The culture and ability for artisians to prosper with their amazing products makes the Dynavap world so supportive.

I'll add that, similar to Sneaky Pete, Puff It Up (PIU) sells some great aftermarket assessories for the DV at great prices.

And @TommyDee your stems are so nice. I like the slim and functional shapes to your designs. You can tell that they are built to be used.

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
Throwing my hat in the ring :) I had no idea the old FC was destined to die. Thanks for having me here. Just getting started out with a public beta :)

This design is called "The Dignitarian". I designed it to turn the airport into a tuned mix/swirl jet just outside of the tip/stem seat. Draw regulates mix rate. The harder you draw, the more it mixes cap gasses into the condenser, so pulling harder creates richer, thicker vape, whereas gentle tugs are gentle, but still "swirled" so to speak. I love the thing so far. I designed it for myself and have started turning a few beta batches. I have had some absoltely stellar results using this in a good glass piece with internal swirl characteristics (see my insta).

No glam shots yet, sorry. Not a pro photog. Happy vapcapping, all :)

Attachments

• REFC DIG 1.jpg
    REFC DIG 1.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 45

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Great style. Did you make them 62mm long or are they a bit shorter? Neat IH station BTW!

Thanks @TommyDee , They are a perfect 62mm x 8mm Stem and should fit all Dyna OE hardware. I use mine exclusively these days. The few folks that have them have provided positive feedback so far. Right now it's very (very) small batches to gauge interest, and to help pre-fund IH development (my main goal).

Speaking of, that is just a testing blank I threw together and printed up, just to fit a standard ZVS module in a near-toolless config. It only took a phillips driver to assemble that, and all parts are held in place by the case itself. Right now it's my daily driver and main testing rig, but it may make it to a production scenario since feedback on the design has been overwhelmingly positive. It always starts a convo!

I was going to market it as "Mission Control" (as all of my hardware and designs are flight themed) but see another individual already has that.. So I call it Ground Control or just "jackpot" for now since the design worked so well. I LOVE talking IH science, so this ought to be fun. I have a few things up my sleeve with a small batch beta coming up in the near future to get some market feedback on my functionality. I'm taking a somewhat different approach to what I've seen so far - both because I'd rather not step on the toes of others, and, taking a design concept that I don't think has been explored too much yet.

I shouldn't get too ahead of myself. Expect some neat stuff, small things at first. The lab is *just* getting tooled up for this venture and I'll be looking to scale as needed.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Very cool @RedEyeFlightControl . I hope you've found the builds and references thread for IH development. IH development is still new enough in the world of vape to have room for more. And like you, I have no intentions of stepping on toes. There is more than enough room for innovation.

I asked about the stem length in how you described the use of the air port. I have found that using an XL condenser in the stock stem makes for a great air bleed that doesn't require feathering the air port. In what you are doing, you could incorporate a similar 'variation' by shortening the stem by say 2, 5, or 8 mm depending on the level of effect desired.

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Very cool @RedEyeFlightControl . I hope you've found the builds and references thread for IH development. IH development is still new enough in the world of vape to have room for more. And like you, I have no intentions of stepping on toes. There is more than enough room for innovation.

I asked about the stem length in how you described the use of the air port. I have found that using an XL condenser in the stock stem makes for a great air bleed that doesn't require feathering the air port. In what you are doing, you could incorporate a similar 'variation' by shortening the stem by say 2, 5, or 8 mm depending on the level of effect desired.

I have some notes from SDS and MrC's original threads on various power sources and their difficulties. I had though about PWM until I read up on the intricacies of feeding switched DCV to a circuit expecting constant DCV. Right now I'm exploring ways to artificially manipulate work resonance frequencies. The (IR2153 and UC2700?) chips that SDS suggested seem like a novel idea but I want to refine that further, so I'm exploring some different layouts. There won't be too much variation in the coils between most builds since we're coupling to such a small and identical workpiece, but we can tailor the electronics themselves to our advantage, and potentially save some wasted energy with the proper testing and tuning. I have done *a lot* of reading on this. I love my IH and this can only get better. I really hope I can contribute positively to this community. Coming from 20+ years in this realm and having recently found the Dynavap. I want to share my own improvements with everyone I can.

The biggest problem I see everyone in the DIY market having is properly coupling their workpiece and coil in a way that delivers consistent results across builds. Physics be a harsh mistress. Alas, we have the tech to add instrumentation and regulation. I'm looking at both of those, but that will be gen2 territory. Right now the focus is on getting folks introduced to this control tech (which is rather simple) and using that as building blocks going forward.

In terms of the stem, the magic happens right at the shoulder/joint between the tip and stem. It could literally be any length long enough to incorporate the jet, as long as the jet is focused at the right angle and tangent to hole in the stem. When you refer to air bleed, are you talking about difficulty of pull? The jet has 2 goals. One was hands free, the other was adding a circumferential vortex of air RIGHT at the tip/stem joint. This produces a very small yet effective vortex at the joint. The harder you pull, the faster it swirls and mixes. I suppose I (or anyone) could position the condenser further up into the cap, but it's not necessary and the added resistance would hinder efficacy of the vortex we're trying to create. I haven't touched my OE VonG stem in months. Despite its superior cooling, I found the airport to be too large for my liking. The resistance that my jet provides is close to pulling on a cigarette, and very even, linearly, through soft to hard pulls. The jet is just bout the right size to pull a fully heated TI cap from the second heat click to the first cooldown click in one lung which makes for great rapid-use and no "wasted' gasses on the inside.

Edit - I say "Jet" because I want the functionality differentiated from the OE Dyna Airport, which does not have the same goals/design (maybe the 2020 chiral, but the location isn't as good as it could be, and the airports should work together instead of against each other. They cause turbulence, but it isn't very turbulent as dumped through the tip/condenser joint, I imagine it's mostly uniformly laminar at that point and dumping into and out of the condenser in a rather laminar fashion because of this).

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Here's a better pic of my 2 daily drivers. One Cocobolo and the other Walnut, made from stock gifted long ago by a cherished friend.

Take a closer look at the jets - you can see the angle is both tangent to the condenser cavity circumference, as well as directed both longitudinally toward the joint. This more or less creates a vector where the direction is always the same, but the magnitude becomes the variable. Leaving all other variaibles the same, the vector is then directly responsible for mix efficacy and how fast or slow the cap cools. I more or less determined exactly where I waned my Hydra to be, performance wise, and reverse-engineered that performance into a physical design using the only variable I was interested in :) There's that pesky physics again...

Attachments

• REFC Dignitarian Cocobolo Walnut Titanium anodized.jpg
    REFC Dignitarian Cocobolo Walnut Titanium anodized.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 26

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Here's a better pic of my 2 daily drivers. One Cocobolo and the other Walnut, made from stock gifted long ago by a cherished friend.

Take a closer look at the jets - you can see the angle is both tangent to the condenser cavity circumference, as well as directed both longitudinally toward the joint. This more or less creates a vector where the direction is always the same, but the magnitude becomes the variable. Leaving all other variaibles the same, the vector is then directly responsible for mix efficacy and how fast or slow the cap cools. I more or less determined exactly where I waned my Hydra to be, performance wise, and reverse-engineered that performance into a physical design using the only variable I was interested in :) There's that pesky physics again...

I have a feeling you and @TommyDee are going to be fast friends. Both of you love and understand all this electronic and physics stuff. It goes right over my head, but I'm glad guys like you are thinking about ways to improve stem cooling and IH's also. I look forward to trying some of these new products and ideas.

Real nice wood stems BTW :tup:

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
I have a feeling you and @TommyDee are going to be fast friends. Both of you love and understand all this electronic and physics stuff. It goes right over my head, but I'm glad guys like you are thinking about ways to improve stem cooling and IH's also. I look forward to trying some of these new products and ideas.

Real nice wood stems BTW :tup:

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Top Bottom