Dunny stand???

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I'm in search of a solution for my dunny its feet are flat surface but not completely horizontal so I always have to lay it down making it so that poor thing cant be displayed or during sesh has to be played down on its face or risk easy tipping. I would like to let it stand n get it off its face especially with a bow tie on its head/face
20200712_212142_5f0bc64d87423.jpg

MoltenTiger

I think they would slip easily if wiggle. The feet are rounded.
Most likely, it doesn't look like there is much to grab onto.

You could try hot glue, it should peel from the glass should you want to remove it, you could stick the disc/stand on a hot plate or use a heat gun and peel the unscathed glass away safely.

Otherwise a 3D printed Jig that locks around the legs could be an option, powerful embedded magnets or send it to a glassworker to attach a permanent base

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Most likely, it doesn't look like there is much to grab onto.

You could try hot glue, it should peel from the glass should you want to remove it, you could stick the disc/stand on a hot plate or use a heat gun and peel the unscathed glass away safely.

Otherwise a 3D printed Jig that locks around the legs could be an option, powerful embedded magnets or send it to a glassworker to attach a permanent base
I was thinking of glowing washers onto feet and implanting magnets into my herb tray, some rare earth magnets I would like a base to it though.

iDRINKBLEACH,

Ariste

I'm imagining a base made out of modeling clay. Thick enough that you could make 'wells' for his feet. You might could use sugaru in the feet 'wells' for some grip.

Or maybe you could make a little tripod that comes off of the downstem?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm in search of a solution for my dunny its feet are flat surface but not completely horizontal so I always have to lay it down making it so that poor thing cant be displayed or during sesh has to be played down on its face or risk easy tipping. I would like to let it stand n get it off its face especially with a bow tie on its head/face

Some sort of scientific equipment for holding beakers/flasks/bulb shaped flasks? A clip thing that would fit round its neck but smaller than its head so it cant slip out?

Vague is bad, mmmkay?

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Ive started to recycle my HDPE. (Watch brothers makes hdpe recycling on you tube, the melted plastic gives a marble look) ive almost got enough for a base for it

iDRINKBLEACH,
  • Love
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Ive started to recycle my HDPE. (Watch brothers makes hdpe recycling on you tube, the melted plastic gives a marble look) ive almost got enough for a base for it

Makes sense, nice idea.

I was thinking, cut the front out of a V60 coffee stand type thing, and just slide the bong in, so it rests on the underside of the guys head. Make the stand just tall enough so the glass characters feet touch the floor so theres no weight dangling on the characters neck, and voila, glass character is stood up and has its own station. This kinda crap...

Similar idea could easily be done with plastic and look like a back pack for it :D Just needs to be counter weighted enough for whatever you add to the bowl (like if you were to add a titanium device, or enail or something).

EDIT: Hmm, the glass is gonna wanna tip forward when stood up from the looks of things, could be tricky. Quite possible to overcome that problem tho.

EDIT 2:
1ece4b50ef61c668465be2188b32d0f4.jpg

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Two holes same size as feet at same angle as legs crotch deep seems to work?

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Wow, have i ever told you guys how much i love this community. I work agriculture and right now its harvest season but in two weeks its done and i will have time to build this. I really appreciate all the ideas. My dunny will finally be able to stand with out the risk of breaking $500 haha
Sorry about the vagueness the issue is the feet were sanded slightly uneven bring to much weight forward or when a lot of people go to stand it up it feels flat but they are really resting it on the slope of the heels and it will fall backwards. It kind of balances so the wife and i have caught it before it falls onto the stem

Last edited:
iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom