Does it make sense to micro dose through water?

PeteyS

Does anyone use small amounts of cannabis through water?
I like to vape small bowls(0.05)at a time, at low to medium temps, one to two hits to clear . It's such a small amount, and hitting it native through a stem, it tastes fantastic, but a little hot at times.

I have a few new water pieces(small ones meant for vaping), and I find that I can't quite clear the bowl anymore in one hit, I think I waste a lot of lung power filling the water piece, and heating up the flower through convection. Cooling is great, but im not able to achieve that one large hit that I can do when hitting dry.

Does it really make sense vaping through water with such a tiny amount of flower, and at low to medium temps.

PeteyS,
Reactions: CANtalk

eyevape

👀
This depends very much on the device you’re using and also on the size of the water piece. It’s definitely possible to get 1-2 good hits from 0.05g though water. I’ve been doing so using the Anvil full bowl and a small bong. But it also works good if not better with the XL bowl.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like to vape small bowls(0.05)at a time, at low to medium temps, one to two hits to clear . It's such a small amount, and hitting it native through a stem, it tastes fantastic, but a little hot at times.

I have a few new water pieces(small ones meant for vaping), and I find that I can't quite clear the bowl anymore in one hit, I think I waste a lot of lung power filling the water piece, and heating up the flower through convection. Cooling is great, but im not able to achieve that one large hit that I can do when hitting dry.

Does it really make sense vaping through water with such a tiny amount of flower, and at low to medium temps.

Yes of course! Running through water is not a universal term though, there's a wide variety of different types of pieces, and water levels etc. (there's nothing magic about water in general making hits smoother by default btw it is not actually that simple) I love doing tiny one hitters through water with Tetra and BAK myself, but it does entail running higher temp settings (which are relative to how you use it with those vapes)

PeteyS

I just feel as if the water steals too much from the already small microsized bowl. Im not sure if its a placebo effect because the hits are now smoother though water, and im not coughing my butt off. But I feel as if im not getting as medicated through water, with the same amount of medicine as always.
PS-I might have to raise the temp to compensate as "shit snacks"pointed out. At the moment im still using the same temp as I I use to hit dry, and that might be my problem here.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just feel as if the water steals too much from the already small microsized bowl. Im not sure if its a placebo effect because the hits are now smoother though water, and im not coughing my butt off. But I feel as if im not getting as medicated through water, with the same amount of medicine as always.
PS-I might have to raise the temp to compensate as "shit snacks"pointed out. At the moment im still using the same temp as I I use to hit dry, and that might be my problem here.

Yes, raise your temp, also you might need to adjust other aspects, furthermore it depends on your water piece, certain ones will rob flavor regardless, however some that have a decent amount of diffusion have let flavor shine through for me regardless... You might also be surprised how upper temps one hit quick extractions can unlock different terps from herbs that you were missing before

Knewt

I have asthma so I micro thru water. I use around .03 grams in a small Anvil bowl with Thermocore heated by the Forge set on Cascade mode. I get 2 or 3 hits off of each bowl. I am amazed at how high I get. I do a new bowl with a different strain an hour or 2 later, rinse and repeat thru the day.

Dopamine

What does .05 look like? I don’t have a scale to weigh out a hit, nor would I bother. Is it about a 1/8 tsp of ground?

Dopamine,

PeteyS

Dopamine-.05 is about the amount you would put into the DynaVap with the half bowl setting. It's a small amount, but it's enough to get decent sized clouds on the exhale. But only if you have an efficient vape, and you hit it just right. Otherwise it's easy to waste the bowl.

Knewt-Im so interested in the anvil, it seems like such a great and efficient microdoser. Can you tell me how it compares to a standard DynaVap M, and if the differences are enough to warrant purchasing yet another vape.

PeteyS,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
What does .05 look like? I don’t have a scale to weigh out a hit, nor would I bother. Is it about a 1/8 tsp of ground?
I believe it’s about 1/12th of a tsp? Sadly don’t have a 1/8th tsp measure or a scale that measures that precisely, but my usual dose is somewhere between 0.05 and 0.1g.

Maths: usual dosage is ~1/2 pack dynavap oven which is stated as ~0.05g capacity. To fill that oven it takes about 1 lego shovelful (I need a better scooper), and that amount in my 1/4tsp measure is roughly 1/3rd of that 1/4tsp, so somewhere between 1/16-1/8tsp in my incredibly unscientific measurements.

Octavia,
Reactions: sansei

Knewt

Dopamine-.05 is about the amount you would put into the DynaVap with the half bowl setting. It's a small amount, but it's enough to get decent sized clouds on the exhale. But only if you have an efficient vape, and you hit it just right. Otherwise it's easy to waste the bowl.

Knewt-Im so interested in the anvil, it seems like such a great and efficient microdoser. Can you tell me how it compares to a standard DynaVap M, and if the differences are enough to warrant purchasing yet another vape.
I am only familiar with 3 vapes Firefly 2+, POTV One, and the Anvil. That order is the way I would rank these 3 vapes though, from worst to best.

Knewt,
Reactions: eyevape

virtualpurple

If you can't measure small doses you could just grind a gram, then separate it into equal 20 servings for getting to know what 0.05g looks like.

That is so clever. And sure it’s like portioning out a pound of flour into 20 parts by eye, there’s going to be a bit of variance. But eyeballing in small amounts like that is a great approximation!

virtualpurple,
Reactions: passenger

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
Confused Thinking GIF

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I say it's up to you and what is comfortable for your use. Personally, depending on the device, I have used water for microdosing.

sansei,

howie105

I just finished a .040 g. load through a wet 50 ml globe using a Cloud Connoisseur ball vape running at 470 f. If I dump the water then I drop the temperature by around a 100 f and that's
about all I need to adjust.

I usually try to adjust my sessions to work on a two or three hit model, first hit oriented to taste, second hit to finish the bowl and if needed a second finishing hit.

Does it make sense to vape through water with small amounts of flower? It's about preferences, changing the variables does indeed change the results, but for better or worse, that is a user call.

howie105,
Reactions: sansei

justcametomind

You can do that and ime it will be pleasant and all, with the difference you will feel the effects less than native.
I think a long vapor path robs you a lot of the good stuff and that’s more evident when the dose is micro.
You may just lower your temperature.

justcametomind,

CANtalk

Try both & see what you prefer. I tried it but don't microdose through water myself, though some people do & prefer it. In various testing, while I found even minimal water use & simple water pieces pretty significantly filters the vapor, it also removes lots of the good stuff in the vapor (cannabinoids, THC, terps & related active ingredients) which significantly decreases the potency & thus the intake/dose. Frankly, vaping 0.050 g wet is like 0.030 g dry, & I'd rather choose vaping the lower amount dry, which also makes it much easier to use / clean the glass.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,

buzzardwhiskey

I have enjoyed using an 8" beaker with an Arizer Air Max. This allows about 2 medium to medium-low hits and about 2 more wispy hits. The effects seem about on par with just using the unit dry. But I've recently decided that I'd like a water based, micro-dose system that's more "one and done", and to that end I've ordered a Vapvana Pinch Hitter and a Mega Cube with a whip. This rig hasn't come in yet, but I'll post a review soon.

Last edited:
buzzardwhiskey,
Top Bottom