Does anyone have log-in issues here?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I keep myself logged in here, so that I can click the bookmark toolbar link, and be logged in. I also access FC from my iPhone, which I also have logged in most of the time. Occasionally, when I visit FC, I am logged out. This is no big deal. BUT, when I got to log in, I put in my username/password, and check the 'keep me logged in box,' and I get the page that says ' You have been successfully logged in, you will now be redirected...etc" When the home page of FC loads, I am not logged in, and I have to log in again. It always logs me in the second time, but rarely if ever, does it log me in the first time. I know I get my password in right, because it says logged in successfully, etc.

any one else have this problem?

I'm runnning the newest, stable version of Firefox, on XP - 2002 - SP3. No other sites that I access, cause this issue on either my laptop or iPhone. The iPhone is iOS4, safari.

Purpl3_Haz3,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yes, I get the same exact thing but less frequently. Seems like a monthly thing for me, I will visit FC and be logged out, so I log in then it takes me back to the homepage and I'm not logged in, so I do it again and it works. :hmm:

I also run firefox.

aesthyrian,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
aesthyrian said:
Yes, I get the same exact thing but less frequently. Seems like a monthly thing for me, I will visit FC and be logged out, so I log in then it takes me back to the homepage and I'm not logged in, so I do it again and it works. :hmm:

I also run firefox.

I'd say it happens about the same for me, a couple to 3 times a month maybe. but the being logged outpart of it, AFAIK, is regular. most sites that allow you to 'stay logged in' will only keep you logged in for a certain amount of time, ie Yahoo mail, lets you stay in for 2 weeks.

The part that gets me, is having to log in twice. :/

Purpl3_Haz3,

djonkoman

I have the same with logging in twice, but it rarely happens that I'm logged out(mostly when I removed cookies or so)
using chrome btw

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have plenty of login problems on other sites, but never on this on as I recall. I also use Firefox but an Android phone.

I think it's the iphone screwing you over mate :ninja:

OhTheAgony,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
OhTheAgony said:
I have plenty of login problems on other sites, but never on this on as I recall. I also use Firefox but an Android phone.

I think it's the iphone screwing you over mate :ninja:

Yeah, thats always my first thought, but I sometimes go weeks without accessing fc with my iPhone, and still have the issue. Oh well.

Purpl3_Haz3,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I was going to reply and noticed I was logged out again, just one or two clicks after logging in.

I notice it more in Chrome when i've got several FC tabs open for reading, than in IE.

I used to worry that I'd been banned. hahaha

VWFringe,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
It could be a cookie issue. Try deleting all cookies from this domain and see what happens.

Speaking of which, http://www.fuckcombustion.com is treated separately from http://fuckcombustion.com (note the lack of "www"). So if you log into the site with the www in the address and then visit a page without the www, you won't be logged in on that page.

vtac,

lwien

Using both Chrome 14.0 beta and Safari 5.1 with no login issues whatsoever.

lwien,

Tritono

Hey :) I only can log in with Firefox Mozilla. If I try to log in with Chrome, IE or Opera I cant log in because I experiment the same problem of the OP but my account never is logged

Tritono,

Carbon

I used to have to log in twice for it to work and would still be logged out when coming back to the site. That stopped happening and now I just get this glitch. After I post a reply to a thread, often times it'll bring up the thread I just replied to yet it will say I'm not logged in. If I go back to the "new posts" list I'll be fine but when viewing the thread immediately after posting in it, it'll act like I'm some stranger. It makes for an annoying workaround if I want to edit my post after making it.

Carbon,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I use firefox and I log in and ALWAYS get logged out the first time, so I have to go back and do it again. It is quite annoying :/

Elluzion,

lepstadder

I use firefox and I log in and ALWAYS get logged out the first time, so I have to go back and do it again. It is quite annoying

Happens in chrome all the time

lepstadder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Really wish I could help here but I can't replicate the issue with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari or IE.

Can you guys confirm that it's not the cookie/domain issue addressed here and here?

Something else to try would be to disable addons. An incognito window in Chrome will do this by default.

vtac,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Happens everytime. Either by typing it in or using the favorites bar, the little box pops up saying IE can't display it and is searching for solution. After clicking cancel, it says the tab has been recovered.

I can navigate and sign in fine. Then when I go to post (already logged in), it tells me I'm not logged in. This happens 8/10 times. I've had to re-type several posts, but I've since learned to copy first, lol.

Using IE on a pc.

Edit* Posted fine that time.

Magic9,

turtles

I actually have a problem where I post and then it logs me off as it refreshes the page with my post

turtles,
Top Bottom