Do you miss the virus?

gangababa

I have missed the virus for two-plus years and hope to continue to do so.

It is sad how social norms have changed with peoples' behaviors and some neighbors, family and friends have shown their sociopathic personalities.
I currently am seeking a work-from-home job in the auto-pilotless bus industry, as a driver.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I don't miss the paranoia, but I miss hearing the birds sing rather than the aircraft noise overhead. I miss baking bread because I needed to! I miss seeing the birds of prey back in the sky and the smell of clean air and silent streets. I miss the community attitude that I experienced locally, the help out and muck in state of mind was addictive!

I haven't endured an office environment for a few years now... Nearly 10! I never liked it, but the commute was the most grueling part of it. I've struggled to find enough work on a consultancy basis since the pandemic but hope to go in a new direction soon that I hope will be more fulfilling. It will still allow for the much more profitable consultancy work when it comes up but I hope it should lead to more life satisfaction with a bit of luck!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Meanwhile the pandemic doesn't feel fully over because I never got the virus so I'm still so paranoid but I'm paranoid about any virus any type of health thing now it's made me even more of a complete hypochondriac, and
yeah I’m in the same boat. Add to it that my mom was sick with cancer and we masked for an extra year to protect her.

seriously struggling to get back to what normal was because part of me is totally fighting myself as I feel like I have no idea what my life is or what I'm doing or building towards anymore at all career or otherwise,

also the same. the pandemic also made me realize how

a. How much of a money grab this world is..ie: we couldn’t stop playing professional sports??
b . How much of what we do daily is dictated by tradition and man made rule, not logic.
c. How little we value the daily worker, teacher, first responder, until we need them..and how quickly we forget when we don’t

coolbreeze

Yeah I've had a terrible time adjusting, because I really took to the lockdown 3 years ago, it's hard to get social again and going back to the office 4 days a week when there's nothing to do more often than not, I feel like I've lost the life balance I gained and that nothing was learned from working from home... Meanwhile the pandemic doesn't feel fully over because I never got the virus so I'm still so paranoid but I'm paranoid about any virus any type of health thing now it's made me even more of a complete hypochondriac, and yeah feel for all the lives lost and other people who have suffered as a result, my suffering is pretty champagne type problems but mentally I am messed up now worse than ever before lol seriously struggling to get back to what normal was because part of me is totally fighting myself as I feel like I have no idea what my life is or what I'm doing or building towards anymore at all career or otherwise, and paraphernalia doesn't help much anymore so need to stop
I think a lot of what you described that I am feeling. Sorry to hear you are going through that too because it is rough. I appreciated the opportunity to meet you here but I understand if it's another thing adding to your unhappiness. I can tell you are genuinely caring and like to contribute. It makes sense that can also take a lot out of you.

I am hoping we can all still make it through this with a better world, but I don't know where to begin. Definitely a struggle just to do the things required to keep a job and basic life maintenance. I have high hopes for the summer that I can start figuring things out (probably with therapy).
I'm unfortunately with you guys. The isolation has been a blessing and curse. It has played to my own introverted inclinations and there was a lot of comfort in not having to deal with the office, strangers, etc. I think i'm feeling it now, though. I have no desire to go back to that at all. My wife and I miss the quiet and clean air, work-life balance, lack of light at night, everything about it except our own health worries (and everyone else's of course), and the fact that my family in my home state is aging and I haven't seen them for too long. I'm also a bit outgoing at times and I really miss feeling that way. Not sure it'll every really come back. I do appreciate spending this time with you and everyone here. This has been a godsend in many ways, and it's because of people's open-hearted contributions that we have felt a lot less lonely than we might have.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Do I miss the virus? Not anymore...... we finally got it.

Even though we watched the grandkids several days a week (who got it early on) and spent a bunch of time with our friends, two daughter's (One teaches 5th grade) and their extended families (some also got it early on), we were able to steer clear...... until last Saturday.

When we got back Saturday from a 7 day cruise our group of 8 felt "off". By Sunday night there were Facebook posts from fellow cruisers stating they were positive and by Tuesday/Wednesday so were we. Fortunately we're all progressing nicely.

My opinion is that cannabis was/is a big help for us. It mellowed out some of the symptoms, gave us an appetite and made cuddling with the comforter while producing all that nose glue bearable. Maybe the reason cannabis was such a help was the cruise was a 8 day t-break so even though Covid is a bitch on wheels those first few highs were glorious even with the worst part of Covid. First week long t-break I've taken in almost 5 decades.

Our favorite Covid combo has turned out to be Nyquil and Hazelnut Cream (24% THC) but after that t-break I could get a good buzz just looking at the jar.

Guess I can wait on that booster now......

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Nope, not at all.

But like many things, I do miss the way this forum was before Covid... BIG-TIME!

Bologna,

Trajectory.

Nope, not at all. But like many things, I do miss the way this forum was before Covid... BIG-TIME!

What was the forum like before Covid?

Let me guess. FC scoffed at vaccines and now has long Covid, with severe brain fog.

Trajectory.,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I only arrived in 2021. What was it like PC?
What was the forum like before Covid?

Let me guess. FC scoffed at vaccines and now has long Covid, with severe brain fog.
Sorry (notsorry) to be so cryptic, I'm only ever outspoken on my own terms...but let's just say, those who know, know and those that don't, shouldn't... and why even bother mentioning specifics, anyway, as no good can/will come from it, unfortunately:

Jon Favreau - "You're living in the past, man..." | Seinfeld (S5 - E20) Scene

I have no desire to "wax poetically" in detailed text... there's only one direction: Forward

✌️:peace: to ALL (fwiw, I really DO mean it)

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Sorry (notsorry) to be so cryptic, I'm only ever outspoken on my own terms...but let's just say, those who know, know and those that don't, shouldn't... and why even bother mentioning specifics, anyway, as no good can/will come from it, unfortunately:

I have no desire to "wax poetically" in detailed text... there's only one direction: Forward

Most FC comment ever 😜

Perfect_Speed4069,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

That's gold @Bologna ! Gold!!

IYKYK

biohacker,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bologna

PhilosoStoner

The period of covid was one of the most difficult times of my life. By pure unfortunate coincidence, I ended up becoming homeless at the beginning if March, a few weeks before the UK went into lockdown. The world being in a state of pandemonium made everything that was happening much worse. Mental health understandably took a dive.

Despite this, lockdowns also gave me an opportunity to hide away from the world and kick my wounds without looking too weird, because everyone was doing petty much the same. I'm not entirely sure now if that was a good thing, since it also left me alone to my thoughts at times when I probably needed the opposite.

I really enjoyed seeing nature recover. Air felt much cleaner, and streets were empty. The few times I left wherever I was staying for a walk I felt at peace.

For me covid has a lot of bad memories attached to it, though there were some bright points that I miss. I give it a 3.5/10

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I'm still recovering trying to get back to a normal but I definitely miss lockdown and not going to an office... But I also miss not being hypochondriac paranoid even more so about any viral contagions! and yeah FC was really poppin at first too now much slower lol

Trajectory.

This kind of nonresponse really sucks.

My guess is tht FC was freer then. More freedom of speech and expression.

Trajectory.,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom