discomfort in left arm from vaping at higher temperatures.

daoist

So i have been vaping for a few years now. but l used to temp step a lot. Now lately with some strains i went straight to the higher temperatures (195c/383f medical temperature). So i noticed that when i do that sometimes i get a discomfort in my left arm, my pink goes numb, i get strong sedative feelings in left arm. the rest of my body feels fine. I have the same problem with edibles. Also it causes me to sometimes have trouble swallowing or breathing at higher temperatures. It sort of feels that i forgot how to breath or something. It does not seem to happen at lower temperatures.

I have been going back to the lower temperatures. And I don't get the discomfort then. I vape at 182c/360f on my Arizer Extreme Q now.
I seems like the higher temperatures release something that my body does not agree with.

I was never really a big fan of high temperatures because i dont like that feeling on my body in general. But i find it fascinating that this does not occur on lower temperatures. I have discomfort in left arm after taking weed before, so i know i am not the only one.

But i was wondering if somebody knows what is causing this?

My guess is that it could be the CBN which is a byproduct of the thc-a being decarbed. I noticed that the effect is very minimal at 185c, but i like the 182c/360f a bit better.
Yesterday i was vaping a bowl of the Happy haze throughout the day at 182c/360fand i felt fine. And I was actually really impressed with the dark ABV i got from that EQ at that low temperature. So I put the ABV in the mighty at 210 just to see for science sake how much vape the mighty could still squeeze out of that abv.
And some came out, it hit me, including the slight numbness in the left arm. it was very mild. So something happens to my body at the 185c or above temperature and i want to know what it is. And i am not going to use that temperature anymore, because i think i already extracted 90% of the herb at 182c. So not really worth the effort and discomfort.

thisisit

Inhaled cannabis should not lead to local numbness and discomfort.

I‘d say there are two scenarios:

1. the numbness and discomfort in your left arm has a physical cause in which case you certainly should talk to a Dr. to make sure it‘s neither neurologic nor cardiac.
2. It‘s a placebo of sorts, as in ‚all in your mind‘ In which case 1. should be excluded first.

Please take care of yourself, friend!

justcametomind

Googling “numbness + cannabis use” gives quite a few results:

TLDR: it’s still unclear why cannabis can give that tingling sensation.
My take: cannabis is effective against neuropathic pain, so it interacts with peripheral nerves someway, so it’s no wonder to me it can also cause numbness, especially if you don’t suffer from neuropathy, I’d say.
Tingly strains list on Leafly:

justcametomind,
Reactions: RobbIt

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Inhaled cannabis should not lead to local numbness and discomfort.

I‘d say there are two scenarios:

1. the numbness and discomfort in your left arm has a physical cause in which case you certainly should talk to a Dr. to make sure it‘s neither neurologic nor cardiac.
2. It‘s a placebo of sorts, as in ‚all in your mind‘ In which case 1. should be excluded first.

Please take care of yourself, friend!
agreed... also, is there anything else in the cannabis perhaps?

Overdoing things can sometimes lead to anxiety, the symptoms of which could include what you are experiencing, is it possible that you ae just getting too high and stressing your body out somehow?

It's why I stick to CBD, it suits me so much better in every way, I don't need or want anything else... everyone is a bit different, ymmv.

I sincerely hope you are okay :tup:

thisisit

Googling “numbness + cannabis use” gives quite a few results:

TLDR: it’s still unclear why cannabis can give that tingling sensation.
My take: cannabis is effective against neuropathic pain, so it interacts with peripheral nerves someway, so it’s no wonder to me it can also cause numbness, especially if you don’t suffer from neuropathy, I’d say.
Tingly strains list on Leafly:
I unterstand what you‘re saying and I get tingly from cannabis sometimes as well, but localized asymmetric numbness and discomfort should still be investigated to rule out any health condition IMO.
Like @TommyDee I am thinking of a pinched nerve as well, but only an examination can illuminate that.

thisisit,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

daoist

It mostly occurs on the higher temperatures. So i just stick with the lower temps for now. I think it could be the strain.
with some strains it is worse than others. So i am trying to read more upon it.

Does anyone think it could be terpene related? Dan Aykroyd was asked if he smoked weed on the Joe Rogan Experience and his answer was that he is allergic to terpenes. I was not sure if he was taking the piss out of Joe Rogan or if he was serious. I mean terpenes are essential oils. Never knew you can be allergic to that, but he sounded serious.

Also I was kind of wondering if it can have anything to do with how they cultivate the weed. I mean outdoor sun grown weed in bio organic soil or weed grown under LED lights on a piece of wall insulation sure makes a difference (look at how they fucked up the greenhouse tomatoes).

Thanks for your help so far.

Last edited:
daoist,

thisisit

It mostly occurs on the higher temperatures. So i just stick with the lower temps for now. I think it could be the strain.
with some strains it is worse than others. So i am trying to read more upon it.

Does anyone think it could be terpene related? Dan Aykroyd was asked if he smoked weed on the Joe Rogan Experience and his answer was that he is allergic to terpenes. I was not sure if he was taking the piss out of Joe Rogan or if he was serious. I mean terpenes are essential oils. Never knew you can be allergic to that.

Also I was kind of wondering if it can have anything to do with how they cultivate the weed. I mean outdoor sun grown weed in bio organic soil or weed grown under LED lights on a piece of wall insulation sure makes a difference (look at how they fucked up the greenhouse tomatoes).

Thanks for your help so far.
You can develop an allergy to anything.
But most people unknowingly misuse the term for feeling some discomfort after ingesting something.
An allergic reaction has very clear symptoms, which I am more than certain Mr. Aykroyd did not experience.

thisisit,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

daoist

Joe Rogan thinks he know a lot about weed, but his answer to Dan was: There are terpenes in weed? So maybe we should send a couple FC-forum OG's there to give him the lowdown on this shit. And tell him about the temperatures and shit, it would blow his mind.

daoist,
Reactions: thisisit

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I agree; go see Doc. Be up front about how you became aware of this.
You should be able to enjoy the headiness of the heavier molecules released at higher temps.
Let us know how it goes if you would. We may not be professionals, but we are all better for being informed.

Top Bottom