Difference between milaana and Zion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danald2000

i have seen multiple times on fc that the Zion heater is different than the milaana heater. I know that Zion is regulated and milaana isn't... But is that where the differences end? Or are there more differences between the two heaters? Are they both 18mm ground glass joints?

danald2000,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I'm not sure if different heater , do believe it's the same , only Zion has 2 batteries and is regulated as you mentioned. @VegNVape would be able to help you further being the newly appointed RBT uk ambassador. Can always ask in Milaana or Zion threads , some members have both units. @cannabis.pro too being he is helping out or taking on the Milaana production shortly :)

stinkytofus

Price difference 199-229 vs 369
Same heater i believe
Unregulated vs regulated
Single battery vs dual battery

Id say get the milaana, see if u like it enough to warrant a purchase of a zion... Or a second mi.... And then a third mi.... Lol

Last edited:
stinkytofus,
Reactions: VegNVape

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey all, sorry, only just spotted this one. Thanks for the poke @P.A.M. ;)

@danald2000 - it is the same style of heater, composed of the same materials in both the Zion and the Milaana. The difference is in how it has been configured in each device.

So, without revealing the recipe to @RastaBuddhaTao's secret sauce :science: I can safely say that the answer to your question is - it is exactly the same heater tech, implented in two slighlty different ways . . . . if that makes sense.

Milaana is full power all the time - you control the ride by driving stick, if you will.
Where as Zion is EVEN MOAR POWER!!! But it has voltage regulation so you can decide how quick to temper the beast will be by the turn of stereotastic-style knob!

And yes, both devices are 18mm GonG joints.

Hope that helps :)

Blessings
:peace:

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Zion is smoother and way easier to use. If you can afford to extract slightly slower and do a longer session, it's just incredible. But you can also crank it even more than the Milaana if you are in a hurry or if you have iron lungs and a large water tool.

Using the medium and long stems with the Zion does not feel out of place like with the Milaana. It might sound like a detail but they both do make a huge difference in the cooling department. Cooler vapor = better taste, less irritation.

With two cells you get almost double the capacity (in theory, but in practice not really, at least with my personal usage pattern and technique)

With regulation N seconds of trigger time will give you exactly the same result over and over. It's completely predictable. Whereas with the Milaana you need to hold the trigger longer and longer and also be very careful with fresh cells.

When I'm at home I never use anything else than the Zion. And with the power adapter you don't have to ever worry about batteries and charge status anymore.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When I'm at home I never use anything else than the Zion. And with the power adapter you don't have to ever worry about batteries and charge status anymore.
Well, that at this point is still a home made or third party thing. I will look forward to a power adapter when it becomes available (from Alan likely) as I DO use Zion most of the time I am home, but I don't really feel limited by using the batteries. With 2 pair I always have one charged or in the charger. And I DO prefer being cordless for obvious reasons.

That being said, when sitting in one spot near an outlet I'm sure a plugin adapter will be another useful accessory, just not something I will use all the time.

I suppose another difference is I find that the Zion is better on a bigger water piece and the Milaana is better on a smaller one just because of their relative size. Neither doesn't work on either, but smaller water pieces not much bigger than Venus (Zion) are slightly overwhelmed by her. Good reason to have both... :clap:

It is an interesting point that @KeroZen and I are very different in what kind if hits we are after, with Kero tending to go for smaller cooler hits and I like hotter chest rippers, and we both LOVE Zion and Mi. Certainly says something about the flexibility and demand nature of these vapes. It is very easy to make them do what you want them to do.

Last edited:

danald2000

@VegNVape so their are small tweaks in the heater. I understand completely the difference in the regulated Zion vs unregulated milaana heater (technique and voltage outputs, etc.). If you were to have both heaters on a regulated power source running at the same voltage how would you describe the variance in vapor between the two, as caused by the different configurations?

danald2000,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wanted to add one other difference that has been important to me. Because I can set a power level with Zion, it is much easier for me to stay in low temps to pull pure flavor hits. None of the other vapes I had used up to then had really allowed me to consistently pull great flavor hits. Then, once the flavor is exhausted, crank that baby. :rockon:

I can get flavor with Mi, of course. It's just harder to stay in a low temp range.

stinkytofus

Its very easy, do u like manual or automatic ? Milaana the power diminishes as u use it, zion is constant, are u comfortable paying extra 140 for it ? Thats all the questions u need to ask urself

stinkytofus,
Reactions: P.A.M.

danald2000

I understand the difference in the two power supplies, but want to learn more specifically about the difference in the two heater configurations, and how this affects the vapor.

danald2000,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I understand the difference in the two power supplies, but want to learn more specifically about the difference in the two heater configurations, and how this affects the vapor.
Well, I can really only give my personal opinion on any of these matters, but I would say that vapor-wise, I can achieve very similar, wonderfully flavorful & hard hitting results with both devices. Some may call it a signature. And IMO, with both of RBT's current production vaporizers, I think this characteristic is quite strongly pronounced, and it is (imo) very much akin to the pair. So although the heaters are different in some way, it is more to do with the way in which they are used that sets them apart, rather than the actual heater that is inside.

And of course, the size of the over-all unit & the intended amount of power available would perhaps have had some bearing on how the heater has been implemented in each device . . . . well, that's my thinking, however, I did not design, engineer or build them. But I do use them, and my Zion does have more top-end available, when compared to my Milaana. Handy for concentrates.

Howz that? About as clear as mud? ;)

Sorry if I've just added to the haze.
Maybe it's time to get the lasers out . . . . .
It+s+been+a+while+pretty+fucking+ninja_3d3b56_5152424.gif

. . . . I loves me some lasers and a bit of Haze :)

PeaceEverytime
:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The Zion heater is larger, taller so more surface area and it is more carefully arranged so as to vortex the airflow through it, with three panels of mica instead of one like Milaana (and earlier beta Zions). Unsure if that will still be the case for the finalized production models, but yes aside from voltage control they do offer slightly different vapor profiles, both very strong signatures with on demand pure convection and great taste from more natural materials. Hard to explain how different imthey are in use if not using yourself because yes they are close since it is the same basic high surface area heater tech that makes both very effective

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom