Device recommendations for quick cart-like draws?

FlexJuicy

Hey FC! Any recommendations for a flower device that produces vapor as quick as a cart draw? For convection vapes, I don't like the initial empty draw you get, where you're having to suck for longer to draw out the vapor before it starts to thicken up and you get a nice hit. I'd much prefer shorter, quicker draws. Carts are near instant, it feels like sipping from a straw. I'm not looking for the biggest draws, just something that produces vapor as quickly as possible once I start drawing. The Dynavap and Anvil are real close to instant but they can take a while to heat up and then back down sometimes. The sticky brick is even more instant but I always eventually combust :/ Have also tried the Flowerpot B0, Tetra p80, Grasshopper, V3 Pro, Mighty+. Maybe just reduce glass vapor path, or just make my own carts from flower?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Desktop plugin for sure. I can clear a snapper bowl in 5 seconds at the higher end of the temperature spectrum with my ZX and it’s 100% pure convection.

The electric portables all require longer draws to get the vapor flowing in my experience.

FlexJuicy

Desktop plugin for sure. I can clear a snapper bowl in 5 seconds at the higher end of the temperature spectrum with my ZX and it’s 100% pure convection.

The electric portables all require longer draws to get the vapor flowing in my experience.
It seems like log vapes are good at heat soaking and getting that instantaneous vapor hit on draw. Almost similar to the Dynavap and Anvil. Any thoughts on heatsoaking with something like the CouchLog vs other traditional desktop vapes?

Last edited:
FlexJuicy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It seems like log vapes are good at heat soaking and getting that instantaneous vapor hit on draw. Almost similar to the Dynavap and Anvil. Any thoughts on heatsoaking with something like the CouchLog vs other traditional desktop vapes?
I'm not sure what you are asking here. The heat soak for a log vape typically refers to the time spent wait for it come up to the temperature from cold start. So each one should be heat soaked before using but many log vapes are designed to be left on all day, including the CL.

For traditional desktops, do you mean like the volcano, VB, etc?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TM2 and TB2 are great, but both pure convection, so not what you wanted... Instead it sounds like you want the firewood9 for the hybrid conduction, still not like a cart though, the vapor is being created, which takes a little longer for herbs than oils, I like long slow draw, but you can puff on it

FlexJuicy

I'm not sure what you are asking here. The heat soak for a log vape typically refers to the time spent wait for it come up to the temperature from cold start. So each one should be heat soaked before using but many log vapes are designed to be left on all day, including the CL.

For traditional desktops, do you mean like the volcano, VB, etc?
I meant heatsoaking the flower in the bowl for some added conduction, and I meant typical desktop ball vapes compared to a log vape; I'm wondering which desktop ball vapes are best for added conduction when heatsoaking a bowl. It's seeming like conduction yields faster draws vs the long yet strong draws you can get from convection. So, I think something like the Taroma 360, a newer log vape, or the Firewood 9 are my best contenders.

FlexJuicy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I meant heatsoaking the flower in the bowl for some added conduction, and I meant typical desktop ball vapes compared to a log vape; I'm wondering which desktop ball vapes are best for added conduction when heatsoaking a bowl.
Yeah you don't really heat soak a bowl with a log. But you can get some conduction depending on the log and chamber. But they really are mostly convection vapes, which is my usual preference.

It's seeming like conduction yields faster draws vs the long yet strong draws you can get from convection.
I have a naturally long slow draw and I find that works best for pure convection vapes. Hybrids and conduction forward vapes can accommodate a shorter draw but seem to work fine for me.
So, I think something like the Taroma 360, a newer log vape, or the Firewood 9 are my best contenders.
If you are looking to add conduction to a ball vape, I think the best way is a heated bowl. I haven't used the Electropath but I like the Vulcan a lot. Both allow you to use an enail coil to heat the bowl, which adds conduction. The Vulcan can also be heated wirelessly.

The firewood is a great vape. Although slightly convection biased in the 9. And I don't know if any logs that really give you significant conduction.

Top Bottom