Dedicated Dab rigs

lazylathe

Almost there...
I could not find a thread dedicated to strictly dabbing rigs and my interest in them has grown exponentially in the last few weeks!

My flower vaping setup is perfect and I love using my 12 inch tall RooR vapor water tool. Works flawlessly and have been using this setup for years now.

My dabbing journey has started with a tiny and cheap, 15mm quartz banger from a LHS and a cheap carb cap.
Using this on my RooR does work but the volume is just too big and I mostly see small rigs used.

I have a 25mm banger and axial coil coming from @710Coils with a Pi cap.
There is also a frosted, round bottom banger coming for cold starts.
Something that could support the weight of the coil and banger

So my question is:

What type of dab rigs are everyone using for their dabs??
Not looking to break the bank with any custom, heady glass that costs a fortune.
Something functional that also looks good would be great!

From browsing around FC and the web, I see a lot of Toro glass and clones as well as lots of recyclers, incyclers etc...Not sure what is best for retaining the flavor in a dab?

Please post some pics, links or whatever you have!!
Would love to see some dab station setups!!

arb

Semi shaved ape
007.jpg
006.jpg

This is what we use the glass changes sometimes but I like bigbongbongbig best..........smoothie.
😏

lazylathe

Almost there...
@arb

Not wanting to add any silicone into my concentrates airpath.
I see they also have a setup for my Super Surfer that is similar to yours.
Also saw that you can use full glass instead of silicone but that just lengthens the airpath and allows for more condensation of extracts.

Looks like that setup would kick you in the face though!!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Only a few of my smaller bubblers I use for flower only. All the bigger ones with removable mouthpieces etc are up for grab mostly cuz I like to twist it and the banger around with the least amount of adapters, if any at all, for best access and viewing while pulling (bad eyes and cheap readers) and quick, on-the-fly adjustments, as I typically run an insert and pearl.

I look for simplicity AND versatility in most of the vape products I buy these days, cuz I'm always mixing it up, which I guess is the opposite of what this thread's all about... ha

Texus

It is tough to go wrong with a Stache Rio. Dang I love that thing. The torch integration is fabulous, and its all in one, easy to transport design is fabulous.

Or if not totally committed to torch dabbing, induction heating via the Switch or the recently released iSpire Wand are great options as well. Bonus for the Wand: can also be used as portable IH for Dynavaps.

Only a few of my smaller bubblers I use for flower only. All the bigger ones with removable mouthpieces etc are up for grab mostly cuz I like to twist it and the banger around with the least amount of adapters, if any at all, for best access and viewing while pulling (bad eyes and cheap readers) and quick, on-the-fly adjustments, as I typically run an insert and pearl.

I look for simplicity and versatility in most of the vape products I buy these days, cuz I'm always mixing it up, which I guess is the opposite of what this thread's all about... ha
Yeah, if versatility were more of a factor, I'd have suggested Ditanium with a glass piece insead of the hose.

lazylathe

Almost there...

I look for simplicity and versatility in most of the vape products I buy these days, which I guess is the opposite of what this thread's all about... ha

Nope!!
Looking for something simple and functional for dabbing.
Nothing crazy expensive or heady, just great function with the least amount of flavor stripped during the process!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Yeah, if versatility were more of a factor, I'd have suggested Ditanium with a glass piece insead of the hose.

Thanks for your input!
I have bought a 710 coils setup and another frost bottom banger.
Buying another vape to do the same with is not on the table now.

Just looking for good glass pairings with an enail and a torch heated banger.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Nope!!
Looking for something simple and functional for dabbing.
Nothing crazy expensive or heady, just great function with the least amount of flavor stripped during the process!
Well, the versatility part applies, but yeah, just the right dedicated rig is certainly more simple in form... but I also prefer simple percs with a very small amount of water and function, this seems to keep the flavors brighter...

I really don't have the most glass knowledge, so I'm probably not the most qualified person to talk "flavor" in any real detail... sorry

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The balance of flavor and smooth hits can be tricky, so many different types of recyclers, and I have not tried them all either, but what is your price range @lazylathe and are you okay with ordering from DHgate, any china glass?? Do you care about the size of the piece, the smooth filtration, or purely flavor?? Because even though I have not tried it yet as mine is still enroute, the diffusion pump rattle cans are supposed to be very tops for flavor with minimal filtration...

These are my current go-to for hot start torch dabbing now:
PXL-20210624-014444199.jpg

Different styles of colored klein (that funnel thing, with tube paths, I think) recycler rigs from DHgate, purple is BiaoT and blue is Glass99 (thinner glass, but biao makes a similar thicker smaller version too for more money)

I feel like for an enail you probably want a larger piece? So any of those standard seed of life flower of life klein or fab egg rigs should be good? For more flavor focus I would probably look to simple inline percs though, I don't know there really are a ton of options!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Buy a glass rig with a stable base, as the 710 coil with ruby insert can make some of my rigs tip over easily
I agree... that's one of the first things I look for with my current lifestyle... most all my rigs are super stable and can take a lot of whatever you throw at them. Even the AquaLabs Mini Dab Rig is surprisingly stable. Despite the name, I still really only used it for mostly flower... until my recently purchased iSpire "The Wand" setup. Now I have a much better portable electric all glass (basically) dab setup if need be... tho it is no way better than a traditional good coil/controller, banger and insert, it's certainly better than any dab pen or cart I've ever used... it's use with a Dyna tip and cap is outstanding tho! And that brings us (me) back to "versatility"....

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Shit Snacks

Thanks for the awesome info!!
China glass is okay by me, I had quite a lot of it but seem to have given most of the pieces away...

I see you are waiting on some glass in the other thread! Will keep an eye out for when it arrives and your thoughts!

@Bologna
If me mentioning my RooR made you think I wanted expensive glass, I bought the glass with the vape and a RooR bag for $200...😂🤣 I could not pass it up!

As for size??
I thought with dabbing it was either smaller pieces or the recycler styles where the preferred option?
From experience with my foot tall tube, it just seems too big!

And dry or wet?
I am loving the dry hits!

Will also stop in at the LHS and see what they have to offer!
I try and support the local small businesses, even if they are just importing from China. Everyone needs to eat!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
And dry or wet?
I am loving the dry hits!
Wet with my banger and torch with my hybrid heating technique since it ends up as a hot dab but with my VRod dry all the way! I only (usually) do low temp dabs, 570 on the PID gives me a dish temp of 420 as measured with my k type thermocouple, was able to grab one for $50 off Amazon Canada but if you want something a little sexier maybe grab a terpmometer.

damm

1. You will want an incycler or a recycler for dabbing. 10mm for a more restricted airflow from 14mm. 18mm is too big IMO.
2. Size matters. I, too, have a large flower rig, but it's too big on small dabs as I can taste the reclaim before the vapor has touched my lips. (Too long of an air pathway)
3. If you don't want heady, something to offset the heat on the glass, so you don't have to worry about it exploding on you one day.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
This was my first dab gig setup from a few years ago. The main recycler piece was less than $20 from DHGate, the dropdown was something like $10 or $15 from TAG, and I think I acquired the banger from a local head shop for less than $20. I don't remember where I got the bubble cap. I think the dabber came from Amazon:
NTQor-U3k-S6-Oac2-KPBc-ORNA-thumb-87a.jpg

I still use the above recycler and dropdown, and I still use it often for concentrates..but I have better bangers now. I actually have a 30mm opaque bottom banger and heating coil used with a PID controller that I commonly use with this recycler these days (without even using the dropdown). I acquired that from @710Coils, but I couldn't find a picture of that setup.

And this is a banger-hanger and bubble cap I purchased several months later. This is the simpler, quicker, more flavorful combo. The banger-hanger came from an instagram glass blower, and cost me $50. The Bubble cap came from a different instagram glass blower, and cost something like $20-$30, and the 30mm banger came from @710Coils. It's a great little combo with a torch:

ZSj3-Ls2q-Su-C0r-Cc-Myco5-Q-thumb-916.jpg

I like both, and use both.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've become a huge fan of recyclers, and prefer them over the incyclers I've had, seem to have less resistance and don't need as much water.

I do favor the small size, and keep downsizing (current favorite is a 350 Titty from ESB).
There is a point where TOO small comes into play. For me, it is less about feeling the heat on the end of my nose, and more that I really have trouble focusing on a banger that is too close. I prefer some separation from my face.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@Bologna
If me mentioning my RooR made you think I wanted expensive glass, I bought the glass with the vape and a RooR bag for $200...😂🤣 I could not pass it up!
Ha, no, I read this bit here in your original post:

Not looking to break the bank with any custom, heady glass that costs a fortune.

Roor isn't crazy expensive, in fact they have many "budget" pieces, as I recall... but nice grab tho!!

The biggest bubbler I own is a Goo Roo 3-piece (not the HD monster), and the can actually isn't very big... and one other thing to remember, I almost always drop a cold pre-loaded insert into a banger set at anywhere from 420-460F and start pulling lightly just as the trate starts to bubble, slowly spinning a pearl to fight any spatter, taking many, many light wispy but very flavorful hits, with the density always increasing until the end... I never taste reclaim and it seems to accrue rather slowly this way. I never have trate shoot into the intake either, even the "worked" ones. Every now and then I crank up the heat if I have something like diamonds, just to get there quickly, but I almost exclusively buy only high quality live resins, and they seem to taste best this way to me, while also being extremely easy for my lungs to handle.

MegaMan2k

I had the best experience with small rigs like jammers,tubes, banger hangers, call em what you want. whats important is the perc, if its too open and airy i dont like that.. For some people its the other way around, personal preference.

Dosnt have to be "heady" to offset the heat imo. my 20$ china rigs lasted for years with the banger and torch few inches away from the glass many time daily.

I have recycler and jammers, its hard to say which one is best, i feel its two different tools.
The recycler is a bigger piece of glass to handle, especially in the night hours when im very stoned i find my self reaching out for my jammer because its easier to hold.

It was night and day going from chineese production glass to the "heady" ones tho, i think they spend alittle more time perfecting the perc.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Your glass is also going to have different action depending on your carb cap situation, I find that is really what is ultimately dictates your restriction/airflow - arguably your carb cap has more affect on airflow than your joint size.

A bubble has a lot less airflow than a spinner. On my incycler, that means that I have to pull fuckloads harder when using a bubble cap if I want to get the water action to reach the second chamber- that sucks so I don't like incyclers. Outside of rather simple recyclers, you will find there are not many multistage perc selections in the dabbing selections of your glass store.

FWIW, my SiC Halo + cap has the severest restriction... way more than any banger setup + any carb cap.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Your glass is also going to have different action depending on your carb cap situation, I find that is really what is ultimately dictates your restriction/airflow - arguably your carb cap has more affect on airflow than your joint size.
Well, yeah, but a cap hardly seals as tight as gg... so really, the major defining restriction is the banger's intake tube, Ime, no?... which always makes me wonder why everyone often clamors for 18mm (for flower usually) w/o looking where the air path really starts (hello DV users...) Other than clearing a can more quickly if you pull the entire setup off and cleaning... 14mm setups seem to offer the most options and therefore, versatility.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Personally not a big fan of recyclers, I call them "condensation stations"

For maximum flavor its all about small and simple, so it's really just about how small is still comfortable for you. My most flavorful rig is my 10mm heady mini rig, just under 5 inches tall, but it's a few years old now, from a different era of dabbing gear, and doesn't work well with the huge bangers, inserts, and buckets of today. For the enail you definitely want something with a stable base as others have pointed out. A small Toro or similar for scientific esque, or a similar sized banger hanger would be my suggestions.

Top Bottom