Decarbing Concentrate

Baron23

Hi guys - I have a couple of grams of wax that I just don't want to dab and would like to use in edibles so I need to decarb it.

I have the relevant skunk pharm graphs and am planning to decarb at 250 F for 30 minutes.

Its currently in a silicone oil slick container which should be able to withstand this temp easily.

Any issues with decarbing this in this silicone container?

If so, any recommendations on technique to decarb some wax?

Thanks

MinnBobber

I have the relevant skunk pharm graphs and am planning to decarb at 250 F for 30 minutes.

Hi,
I always try to go on the lower slower side when decarbing. Lower temp and longer time to try to avoid losing any goodies to the higher temps.
Something like 225 for 90 minutes.

And one experimenter who baked at 250 F found 30 minutes was not long enough so they went to 60 minutes.

IMO, always better to go a little over on decarbing, rather than going under

Baron23

Hi,
I always try to go on the lower slower side when decarbing. Lower temp and longer time to try to avoid losing any goodies to the higher temps.
Something like 225 for 90 minutes.

And one experimenter who baked at 250 F found 30 minutes was not long enough so they went to 60 minutes.

IMO, always better to go a little over on decarbing, rather than going under
Thanks, Bobber.

But my main question still stands....has anybody decarbed concentrates in an Oil Slick type silicone container. I think they can easily stand the temps we are talking about but just thought to check.

By the by, I rather like skunk pharm and found this article and graph to be credible.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Thanks, Bobber.

But my main question still stands....has anybody decarbed concentrates in an Oil Slick type silicone container. I think they can easily stand the temps we are talking about but just thought to check.

/

I usually decarb my concentrates in an Oil Slick container and have had no issues at all. I put the container on a cookie sheet and put it in a 225-250 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Baron23

Yes, I only decarb concentrates in silicone, always with great results.
I usually decarb my concentrates in an Oil Slick container and have had no issues at all. I put the container on a cookie sheet and put it in a 225-250 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Thanks guys for confirming my thoughts on it.

Brownies or something in the making very soon. :brow:

Baron23,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Brownies take 45 min at 350: I never decarbed weed for enhanced brownies. Where decarb is important is for cookies: They're not in long enough to decarb - 10-15 min at 350 or so. I love enhanced ginger snaps.

Baron23

Brownies take 45 min at 350: I never decarbed weed for enhanced brownies. Where decarb is important is for cookies: They're not in long enough to decarb - 10-15 min at 350 or so. I love enhanced ginger snaps.
Thanks @macbill - I had wondered about the impact of the actual cooking.

What I'm going to do, however, is mix the concentrate into butter and then use the butter to cook. Brownies maybe, cookies maybe, on a piece of toast maybe. So, I think I will be better off decarbing it first, yeah?

By the by, I love ginger snaps! LOL

killick

But I like it!
Fwiw I just found out that kief will decarb enough if sprinkled on a cup of hot coffee just fine. In concentrate format you probably don't need as much time to decarb? That's purely a guess on my part tho.

MinnBobber

Fwiw I just found out that kief will decarb enough if sprinkled on a cup of hot coffee just fine. In concentrate format you probably don't need as much time to decarb? That's purely a guess on my part tho.

Can you clarify as that just doesn't seem possible, decarbing kief via a hot cup of coffee. I usually decarb at 220 F for 90 minutes.
You must have one hellaciously hot cup of coffee and then linger over it for hours?? :)
Or is it possibly aged kief that has decarbed naturally over time, with no added heat?

just curious, thanks

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!

Can you clarify as that just doesn't seem possible, decarbing kief via a hot cup of coffee. I usually decarb at 220 F for 90 minutes.
You must have one hellaciously hot cup of coffee and then linger over it for hours?? :)
Or is it possibly aged kief that has decarbed naturally over time, with no added heat?

just curious, thanks
I read it in here, scooped some kief from the bottom of the RYOT box, and had a great morning. :)
https://www.medicaljane.com/2015/10/04/the-top-5-uses-of-kief/

killick,
Top Bottom